Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Color scheme and personalize button have disappeared.

15 Jan 2010   #1
incuboy

Windows 7 Home Basic
 
 
Color scheme and personalize button have disappeared.

Hi, I'm new here. I just bought a laptop 2 days ago. Acer aspire 4736z. My OS is windows 7 home basic. I transfered some files form my old laptop to my new one. Suddenly I noticed that when I go to Control Panel > Appearance > display > change color scheme the personalization of colors for is not there. On my dekstop, i tried to find the "personalize" button when i right click, but no luck! its not also there. I would appreciate any advice and help. thanks guys!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jan 2010   #2
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Hi,

Welcome to 7 forums

* In this regard, you can try updating your video/graphics driver !!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #3
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

There was an almost identical question posted on the Dell users forum about Win 7 Basic. I can't find out anything about what is included in the Basic version but from two posts, on different brand PC's, I suspect they are not available in the Basic version.

I did see that the video can be an issue with some of the Win 7 "eye candy".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jan 2010   #4
Venths

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
There was an almost identical question posted on the Dell users forum about Win 7 Basic. I can't find out anything about what is included in the Basic version but from two posts, on different brand PC's, I suspect they are not available in the Basic version.

I did see that the video can be an issue with some of the Win 7 "eye candy".

With respect to this, I have few questions for you:

* Did you have this option when you bought the Laptop ?

* Did you install any new program before this issue have occurred?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #5
incuboy

Windows 7 Home Basic
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Venths View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
There was an almost identical question posted on the Dell users forum about Win 7 Basic. I can't find out anything about what is included in the Basic version but from two posts, on different brand PC's, I suspect they are not available in the Basic version.

I did see that the video can be an issue with some of the Win 7 "eye candy".

With respect to this, I have few questions for you:

* Did you have this option when you bought the Laptop ?

* Did you install any new program before this issue have occurred?

thanks for the quick response guys! windows 7 was already installed when i bought my laptop. I installed acoustic emission (electrical engineering diagnostic application) and microsoft office 2007.

i'll try updating my graphics card software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #6
incuboy

Windows 7 Home Basic
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
There was an almost identical question posted on the Dell users forum about Win 7 Basic. I can't find out anything about what is included in the Basic version but from two posts, on different brand PC's, I suspect they are not available in the Basic version.

I did see that the video can be an issue with some of the Win 7 "eye candy".

i tried updating but it's still the same
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #7
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Incuboy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Do you have a Aero theme selected? The Windows Color and Appearance window will not show unless you do. See warning under step 2 below for more details on this.

Window Color and Appearance - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #8
incuboy

Windows 7 Home Basic
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Incuboy, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Do you have a Aero theme selected? The Windows Color and Appearance window will not show unless you do. See warning under step 2 below for more details on this.

Window Color and Appearance - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn
Hi Shawn thanks for your response. I don't have AERO theme. I only have Windows 7 basic and Windows standard when I go to "Color Scheme". And also when I right click on an empty space on my desktop, the Personalize button is not there. Attached here is an image of my desktop. I also tried downloading the system reg key for enabling the Window Color and Appearance, rebooted my laptop but still n luck. Thanks Shawn.


Attached Thumbnails
Color scheme and personalize button have disappeared.-untitled.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #9
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Since both the Windows Start and Basic editions do not suppot Aero themes in it, you will not see the same Windows Color and Appearance settings like the one under step 5 in the link above. You would have to have a higher edition of Windows 7 to have it available instead. Sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #10
incuboy

Windows 7 Home Basic
 
 

I see. Thank you for help and advice guys. I appreciate it. Thanks seven forums!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Color scheme and personalize button have disappeared.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows color scheme pop up
I have just installed a new 7950, and every time i start a game, about 5 mins in, I get a pop up asking if I want to change the color scheme to windows basic. As soon as I check the box to keep as it is, all is fine. This never happened with my old gpu, the 7850, why would this be happening now ?
Gaming
Color Scheme Changing
I have an i7-975, 12gb of ram and dual 5970s but my computer keeps changing the color scheme. anyone found a registry hack to disable its checksum I cant find it anywhere. watch the one good thing about windows 8 be that you can disable the notifications.
Themes and Styles
Color Scheme Fix For Windows 7 Ult-x64
I have the same problem that most people do I just am really tired of it messing up my games! When playing a game Windows pops up and say do to performance windows switched to basic and of coarse I always press (don't show this again option) but guess what!!!! The next game play after restart there...
Customization
Windows Color Scheme
How do I change the Windows Color Scheme? I have tried for a good half hour and haven't found anything. I am trying to change the scheme, not the theme.
Customization
explorer color scheme
This seems like something that should have a simple solutions so I feel dumb for having to ask. How do you change the color scheme for the explorer folders? I see mostly white and the bar at the top is a light blue. I've seen images of where people had dark grey, black, and a couple other colors....
Customization
Shortcut to Color Scheme
I seem to have to open 2 other windows before I can get to the link to open the windows Color Scheme box (Advanced Appearance Settings). Does anyone know how to make a shortcut that will go directly to this? It is the "Advanced Appearance Settings" button in the "Window Color and Appearance"...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App