Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Black Glass Enhanced

02 Mar 2010   #11
Prisoner

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
 
 

They are hard to convert if you don't know the commands' AutoIt versions. Might be easier to recreate from scratch.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Mar 2010   #12
curiouso9

Windows Seven
 
 

Just upgraded, enjoy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #13
scorpioninblue

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I don't quite understand how to use this......say I wanted to make Paint appear glassy, how would I change that program background's to black? Or must the desktop wallpaper be a black background. I tried to add Paint to the list while running a full glass theme and nothing happened. As a matter of fact it caused the theme to go black and lose it's transparency. I had to close, uninstall and reinstall to make it work right with my full glass theme again. What did I do wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 May 2010   #14
Prisoner

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scorpioninblue View Post
I don't quite understand how to use this......say I wanted to make Paint appear glassy, how would I change that program background's to black? Or must the desktop wallpaper be a black background. I tried to add Paint to the list while running a full glass theme and nothing happened. As a matter of fact it caused the theme to go black and lose it's transparency. I had to close, uninstall and reinstall to make it work right with my full glass theme again. What did I do wrong?
The app only effects things that are set to black originally. Think of it as variables and constants. On a full black theme, as long as that theme is set, the black is a constant, so this app affects it. The black areas you put into Paint are variables, as they can be changed. So the app does not affect them like it should. It messed up, so it crashed.
You did nothing wrong, really. Just limitations of the scripting language. Happens all the time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2010   #15
scorpioninblue

windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Thanks for your reply! It's good to know it wasn't me!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #16
xXBlueFireXx

Windows 7 Enterprise
 
 

I'm not an autoit programmer, but i have programmed in C and Java
It would be nice to have an infinitum of processes instead of fourteen
wouldn't it be easier to use numbers(#) instead of their word correspondents(one, two, . . .)? That way you could add as many processes into the bge.ini file as a person want's. then you could loop through and index the processes into an array without limit.
But like I said, I'm don't program in autoit so correct me if there's something I'm missing something.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #17
Torongo

Windows 7
 
 

Hey, you have the same rainmetre stuff as me, nice! If you don't mind, what is the little gadget in the bottem right that you are using.

I'll download the app and try it, looks interesting. =)

~Joshua~
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #18
Prisoner

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xXBlueFireXx View Post
I'm not an autoit programmer, but i have programmed in C and Java
It would be nice to have an infinitum of processes instead of fourteen
wouldn't it be easier to use numbers(#) instead of their word correspondents(one, two, . . .)? That way you could add as many processes into the bge.ini file as a person want's. then you could loop through and index the processes into an array without limit.
But like I said, I'm don't program in autoit so correct me if there's something I'm missing something.
Well, you can't set the GUI to add new boxes as the user wants in AutoIt. You have to separately put in each individual object, and it can't be modified (or modify itself) as the program runs. So while you could copy and paste the UI, you'd be looking at a hell of a lot of variables (you have to set each variable yourself, as well) and a massive UI. It's kinda impractical if you think about it in a technical view.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #19
Torongo

Windows 7
 
 

Update: Mm, the program looks good on the skins that you suggested, but not mine, even though its a dark one. Nice app though. Hope you do well. =)

~Joshua~
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #20
xXBlueFireXx

Windows 7 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
Well, you can't set the GUI to add new boxes as the user wants in AutoIt. You have to separately put in each individual object, and it can't be modified (or modify itself) as the program runs. So while you could copy and paste the UI, you'd be looking at a hell of a lot of variables (you have to set each variable yourself, as well) and a massive UI. It's kinda impractical if you think about it in a technical view.
I was thinking along the lines of a drop down box. Also, why can't it use an array of predetermined size based on how many processes are configured in the bge.ini? It is an object oriented language, isn't it? You can't create an array of objects with the processes defined from an array from bge.ini? If that's the case then I would suggest using a more powerful language. Or am I misunderstanding something, as I said I don't program in autoit.

From what I have read on AutoIt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I find it hard to believe that it can't do what I was saying. I would like to add that I'm not trying to argue or anything, I'm just trying to figure out why an object oriented language that "has been restructured to be more like the BASIC family of languages" is unable to accomplished said task.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Black Glass Enhanced




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Black Glass Enhanced
Hi, The program Black Glass Enhanced 0.5 doesn’t work with the default Windows 7 theme. Why is that? :( Rand Marks
Customization
IE and Microsoft Word Pages are black under to Midnight Glass Theme
IE and Word pages are black colour under to Midnight Glass Theme.I cant read and write perfectly on word,and i cant see clearly on Internet Explorer pages..Some photos below.Can someone help me please..? Note:I feel so stupid,cuz i saw my answer here Anywayz thnx for help sevenforums.Topic...
Themes and Styles
Blue/Black Glass Outlook Icon
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'd like this Outlook icon's colour changed to match the computer icon. I took a snip of Outlook icon so it has some of my desktop background around it that will need to be removed. I'd really appreciate it.
Customization
full glass/black glass transparency levels
i'm a huge fan of black glass/full glass but its a bit TOO clear/transparent for me. is there any way to darken/blur, the transparency? i've tried playing around with the window color option, but it makes little to no difference.
Customization
Aero Glass forms black screen?
Okay, the first time I installed Windows 7, the aero glass worked perfectly fine. After the past year or 2, I was messing around with the theme files and aero registry and somehow, aero glass doesn't work anymore. When I enable it from desktop session, the aero works, but it doesn't. The whole...
Customization
Nvidia Black 7 Glass v2.2
Nvidia Black 7 Glass v2.2 (included in this 2.2 over 2.0. an extra system 32 file. also dropped the explorer.exe due to MS update changes) This theme includes. (all artwok included in this theme were designed by me) Wall paper, 20 that I created for this theme and 4 wallpaper's that I...
Themes and Styles


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App