Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Made Sig and Avatar [3]

15 Jun 2010   #581
noyb

XP MCE .... XP Pro 64 .... W7 U x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Any suggestions?
When you add the sig ... What does it say your limitations are for the pixel size and file size ???

When you view it in your computer before uploading .. Is it animated ??
As a test .. I always view mine in Firefox to see how it'll look on the web ..
since most of mine have transparency.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jun 2010   #582
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Forum rule : You cannot use more than three badges at a time ... so
But I don't think that would apply to your sig, Archie. If you had the badge before, I don't see why putting it in your sig would be a problem. You could always ask one of our mods or admins, just to be sure.
You know pal, two's company... three's a crowd ! More than three ... horrible
A crowd is maximum tolerable
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #583
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noyb View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Any suggestions?
When you add the sig ... What does it say your limitations are for the pixel size and file size ???

When you view it in your computer before uploading .. Is it animated ??
As a test .. I always view mine in Firefox to see how it'll look on the web ..
since most of mine have transparency.
I am using Google Chrome.
All are transparencies.
I am limited to 650x150pixels or 250kb(which ever is smaller)
Even the eagle doesn't sparkle here. It's the same one I gave Carl to use in his sig!
I can view all of them in my software (PSP v7) but not when I upload!
I wan't to do this but may have to let you fix it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jun 2010   #584
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Forum rule : You cannot use more than three badges at a time ... so
But I don't think that would apply to your sig, Archie. If you had the badge before, I don't see why putting it in your sig would be a problem. You could always ask one of our mods or admins, just to be sure.
You know pal, two's company... three's a crowd ! More than three ... horrible
A crowd is maximum tolerable
It does have nice symmetry with the three badges.
I'm no artist, but I think if you had added a 4th badge you would have had to start over with a fresh design, for everything to balance out properly. So I think you're right, leave it how it is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #585
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Archie,
I REALLY like this sig of yours. Don't forget to make avatar similar! IMO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #586
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Arc mate, I like it Simple, Elegant and not too distracting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #587
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

It's looking good Arc pal
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #588
noyb

XP MCE .... XP Pro 64 .... W7 U x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Got it down to 292x288pix at 121kb

I am limited to 650x150pixels or 250kb(which ever is smaller)
288 pixels is bigger than 150 pixels ... It's being downsized by the forum and will loose the animation.
If you downsize it .. It will loose resolution ... and probably the sparkle
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #589
sergiogarcia9

 

No one wanna make a cool animation for my avatar?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #590
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noyb View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Got it down to 292x288pix at 121kb

I am limited to 650x150pixels or 250kb(which ever is smaller)
288 pixels is bigger than 150 pixels ... It's being downsized by the forum and will loose the animation.
If you downsize it .. It will loose resolution ... and probably the sparkle
Brought it down to 150x 150 and 67kb and it works but looses the clarity of the back of the coin. Will back up to original and start with about 8 frames and 175 x 175 and see what happens.
I know we can't use Photobucket anymore but there are still a lot of sigs out of forum's guidelines. But rules are rules and I sticking to them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Made Sig and Avatar [3]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [16]
Updated the BB sig to recognise the recent influx of badges. :D
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [15]
continued from https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/303376-custom-made-sig-avatar-14-a.html Trying some texture today :)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [12]
:note: Continued from https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/265939-custom-made-sig-avatar-11-a.html :):)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [9]
Continued from - Custom Made Sig and Avatar
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [7]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/159965-custom-made-sig-avatar-6-a.html
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/16975-custom-made-sig-avatar.html You Want Custom made sig or an avatar? Then me or another one of our artists here at sevenforums will make one on your request's you tell us how it should look like, and We will try to make it :) ...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App