Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Make Windows 7 remember window positions and size!

23 Oct 2009   #61
The111

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrDeviance View Post
I propose a mobilization of everybody who want's this setting implemented and we all email microsoft about it and then make a petition for this feature to be implemented back in.
I think a petition would really ruin a few hundreds of microsoft's sales at least and if it's successful enough it might even counteract their marketing at this point in time.
So we really need to act now or stfu forever!
Start the petition. I once made Samsung fix an HDTV problem they were ignoring by starting a petition.

Samsung Video Tearing - LN-Txx42H/53H Petition
Samsung LN-Txx42H and LN-Txx53H Video Tearing Problem

There is indeed power in numbers. Start the petition, I'll be the first to sign. I'll start one myself within a few days if you haven't.

However, I was also writing Samsung registered letters on a weekly basis, which I think may have carried more weight than the online petition.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Oct 2009   #62
MrDeviance

windws 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The111 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrDeviance View Post
I propose a mobilization of everybody who want's this setting implemented and we all email microsoft about it and then make a petition for this feature to be implemented back in.
I think a petition would really ruin a few hundreds of microsoft's sales at least and if it's successful enough it might even counteract their marketing at this point in time.
So we really need to act now or stfu forever!
Start the petition. I once made Samsung fix an HDTV problem they were ignoring by starting a petition.

Samsung Video Tearing - LN-Txx42H/53H Petition
Samsung LN-Txx42H and LN-Txx53H Video Tearing Problem

There is indeed power in numbers. Start the petition, I'll be the first to sign. I'll start one myself within a few days if you haven't.

However, I was also writing Samsung registered letters on a weekly basis, which I think may have carried more weight than the online petition.
I have never done a petition before and even though I could do it, from what I see there, you know how to make one look professional and serious.
If you say you can make one then how about you make it and I will give you my full support. I will also help spread it on all communities.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #63
Vault

Windows 7 X86 7600 Retail
 
 

I notice this topic is marked as resolved? How is that so?

The Windows Manger software is not ideal ie web pages that use popup preset sizes in JavaScript do not work unless you add every one to the software conf. which is hardly a practical solution as there are so many these days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2009   #64
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Vault,

It's marked resolved because this is not an option in Windows 7 by default to have window positions and sizes remembered for individual windows instead of all windows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #65
Vault

Windows 7 X86 7600 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Vault,

It's marked resolved because this is not an option in Windows 7 by default to have window positions and sizes remembered for individual windows instead of all windows.
Ah I see thanks for your speedy reply
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #66
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

You're most welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #67
Viperr13

Windows 7
 
 

issue is not resolved. the question was how to make Windows 7 remember size and position. we know it's not part of Windows 7 default what we want to know how to get it back because leaving it out was one of the stupidest things they could have done.especially for those of us who run multiple monitors.now there's got to be some type of registry entry we could use to bring this back.or should I just take us back to the store tell them I want a refund because Windows 7 is defective and to go back to Vista
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #68
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Viperr13 View Post
issue is not resolved. the question was how to make Windows 7 remember size and position. we know it's not part of Windows 7 default what we want to know how to get it back because leaving it out was one of the stupidest things they could have done.especially for those of us who run multiple monitors.now there's got to be some type of registry entry we could use to bring this back.or should I just take us back to the store tell them I want a refund because Windows 7 is defective and to go back to Vista
Unless a 3rd party program comes out that can add this feature, it will not be available in Windows 7. Hopefully one may come out after Windows 7 has been out for a bit. Otherwise, it's time for you to go back to Vista then.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #69
Nosmo

Win 7 32 bit , Win xp Sp3
 
 

Sadly MS ignored all the beta testers complaints in removing this feature. I have absolutely no understanding why MS pretends in public to listen but in actuality, they arrogantly ignore.

Windows Explorer as a whole is a disaster for actually getting work done.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #70
Viperr13

Windows 7
 
 

is this going to be the Vista fiasco all over again I remembered Dell and other companies going back to XP because nobody want to buy a computer with Vista on it.
P.S and like Brink said if you don't like it you can go back to Vista
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Make Windows 7 remember window positions and size!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
ShellFolderFix - Manage folder window positions/size
This is an app to make win7 explorer folder windows remember their size and position. It has a couple of additional features too, and hopefully some more later on. It does NOT manage window size/positions of regular applications, if you want that, other apps like Window Manager do it. Allthough I...
Free Developer Programs and Projects
Outlook 2007 doesn't remember window size
I've just installed win7-64 and Office 2007. When I open Outlook the window size is half the screen. I would like it bigger and drag the bottom of the window to the bottom of the screen. When I close Outlook and re-open, it reverts to the old window size and does not remember what I had set...
Microsoft Office
W7 Will not remember folder positions and sizes
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RC1 I'm working with Windows W7 in anticipation of upgrading my graphics / photography business from Vista. W7 will not remember Windows Explorer folder positions and sizes. This was an big issue for me in Vista, and I prayed that it would be fixed in W7 (while...
General Discussion
Want folder windows to remember size and position
Drives me nuts that Folder windows do not (have option) to remember their size and position. Or am I just stupid? And which forum would this be under?
General Discussion
Win7 can't remember window size of apps after update
After I did an update of nVidia 9600 gt driver in 'Windows Update', no longer is the window size of ANY applications that were open at the time of the update remembered (after I resize them, then close them then reopen them). It didn't affect all apps - Firefox was fine, but Internet...
BSOD Help and Support
Window Positions
Windows 7 is re-using window positions. Like when I open a folder, move and resize it, and then close it. The next folder I open is the same size and postion as the one I just closed. Or, when I open several folders, they all open next to the first open folder. Confirmed this on my other pc too....
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App