Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wallpaper isn't good!

22 Jun 2010   #11
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeyLIN View Post
This came up for me as 1600x1000. You're looking for 1,280x1,024. So I tried to re-size it for you, with two different programs.

Keep in mind, I am not one of the graphics experts here on the site....and I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet.....but anyways, here is my attempt.




Attached Thumbnails
Wallpaper isn't good!-2hr1f0mv1.jpg   Wallpaper isn't good!-2hr1f0mv2.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jun 2010   #12
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Hmm .... I think my desktop is cool Thanks for sharing, Randy


Attached Thumbnails
Wallpaper isn't good!-capture.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #13
BeyLIN

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeyLIN View Post
This came up for me as 1600x1000. You're looking for 1,280x1,024. So I tried to re-size it for you, with two different programs.

Keep in mind, I am not one of the graphics experts here on the site....and I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet.....but anyways, here is my attempt.
AWESOME!
It works

Can you tell me how to re-size it?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hmm .... I think my desktop is cool Thanks for sharing, Randy
Cool desktop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jun 2010   #14
Nem

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, Archlinux x86_64. Elementary Luna
 
 

My guess is he re-sized with photoshop.

Try googling "Image Resizers" if ya can't find a good one i'll post back what i found.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #15
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

You can always use paint to resize. Just right click on the image you want to resize and choose Edit. Once paint opens up, just click resize and you can resize by either percentage or pixels.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #16
Nem

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, Archlinux x86_64. Elementary Luna
 
 

Yeah but with paint you can only re-size it so much it becomes distorted, yeah?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #17
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Have a looky here pal FastStone
Nice and easy to use and it's free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #18
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nem View Post
Yeah but with paint you can only re-size it so much it becomes distorted, yeah?
If you are sizing up, then yeah...haven't ever had that issue sizing down. I really only use paint to resize if I'm in a hurry though. Most of the time I use PS CS5. Just throwing paint out there as a fast, free alternative.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #19
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeyLIN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BeyLIN View Post
This came up for me as 1600x1000. You're looking for 1,280x1,024. So I tried to re-size it for you, with two different programs.

Keep in mind, I am not one of the graphics experts here on the site....and I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet.....but anyways, here is my attempt.
AWESOME!
It works

Can you tell me how to re-size it?
I used Irfanview for one of them, and Photoshop CS4 for the other.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nem View Post
My guess is he re-sized with photoshop.

Try googling "Image Resizers" if ya can't find a good one i'll post back what i found.
You guessed correctly! But it took me 3 times as long as it did with Irfanview.....lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #20
Nem

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, Archlinux x86_64. Elementary Luna
 
 

It's all good lol as-long it done that what counts right. ..But 3 times? i've never had any problems re-sizing with PS.. may i ask what you were doing lol..just curious :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wallpaper isn't good!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
good music player with good Equalizer?
Does anybody know of a good music player that has a good Equalizer? IMO, the equalizer sucks for WMP 11, realplayer free, and my sound card. I like the PowerAMP app for my android, the equalizer has a sick bass. but it's not available on pc.
Software
BSOD - Restart no good. Saftymode no good.
Im new to the forums, so if im not following forum rules feel free to correct me. Ive tried reading a bit, and im getting that my black sceen problem is fairly common and that i can have several reasons. Now, for more details: Ive had my computer for 2,5 years. 2 months back i decided to...
BSOD Help and Support
Wallpaper?
Me again, just wondering if anyone knows where I can find an at least 1680 x 1050 of this wallpaper? Also, I know the os is ubuntu and the clock is rainmeter, is the weather feature also rainmeter? Thanks for any help you can give.
Customization
anybody no of a good ftp server that works good with 7
hey all i am just asking about a nice easy to use ftp server for windows 7 as for the ones i have tryed out are well lets say crap keep crashing or not responding or don't work how they are ment to so i fort i would give it ago see if you guys can help me out once more
Network & Sharing
wallpaper
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was messing around and made a quick wallpaper from 7. Needs to be cleaned up, but you'll get the idea. What do you think?
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:59.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App