Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need driver for noname HSDPA modem

12 Nov 2010   #1
truskava

Windows se7en x64
 
 
Need driver for HSDPA modem

Hello.

I'm in a corner. I bought DealExtreme: $34.10 7.2M HSDPA 3G USB 2.0 Wireless Modem Adapter with TF Card Slot - Black + White this modem, hoping, that It'll run on my seven x64. But it doesn't

All i found out is:

VID//PID - 05c6//0015

It's based on qualcomm 6280 chipset.

It has software called: Global Mobile Connect

It has something to do with Global Wireless, but on their site I found nothing

Some people claim, that drivers embedded into the drive work for them on their x64 systems

The app given with it looks like Acer's app

It's not a pc related problem - tried other seven x64 and vista x64 - same result.

If anyone has any info - please help.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Nov 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by truskava View Post
Hello.

I'm in a corner. I bought DealExtreme: $34.10 7.2M HSDPA 3G USB 2.0 Wireless Modem Adapter with TF Card Slot - Black + White this modem, hoping, that It'll run on my seven x64. But it doesn't

All i found out is:

VID//PID - 05c6//0015

It's based on qualcomm 6280 chipset.

It has software called: Global Mobile Connect

It has something to do with Global Wireless, but on their site I found nothing

Some people claim, that drivers embedded into the drive work for them on their x64 systems

The app given with it looks like Acer's app

It's not a pc related problem - tried other seven x64 and vista x64 - same result.

If anyone has any info - please help.
You can use vista drivers if you install them in compatibility mode.

to do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility>chose OS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #3
truskava

Windows se7en x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
You can use vista drivers if you install them in compatibility mode.

to do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility>chose OS

Tried that. Still gives an error:

I've downloaded other drivers (same connection manager and stuff) gives me an error - (even with compatability mode)

ANY HELP?

P.S. In case noone did notice - this modem looks like Huawei e160, but i hasn't benn able to find any drivers for huawei. especially for win 7 x64.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Nov 2010   #4
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi truskava, Have a look at this link from Microsoft update Microsoft Update Catalog you may find the driver there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #5
truskava

Windows se7en x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi truskava, Have a look at this link from Microsoft update Microsoft Update Catalog you may find the driver there
First of all - I don't even know the name of this modem... second - I uninstalled IExporer. third - after typing "modem" or "hsdpa" it gives nothing... forth - even after adding provided driver manually windows can't seem to find working one... (it says that this driver isn't for x64)

So - still nothing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #6
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

truskava , have you actually lloked at the link I provided for you Microsoft Update Catalog and Microsoft Update Catalog these are Win7 64bit drivers for 6820 based on Huawei drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2010   #7
truskava

Windows se7en x64
 
 

I had to download IE to download these drivers. Modem seems to be added, but I still have problem with adding proper drivers for proper COM ports So I'm still getting an error.

But many thanks for Your help pebbly, because I have gone farther, than I would on my own.

If You (or anyone else) have ANY hints - please, don't hesitate and help me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2010   #8
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by truskava View Post
I had to download IE to download these drivers. Modem seems to be added, but I still have problem with adding proper drivers for proper COM ports So I'm still getting an error.

But many thanks for Your help pebbly, because I have gone farther, than I would on my own.

If You (or anyone else) have ANY hints - please, don't hesitate and help me
Hi truskava, Can you tell us what the error is you are getting ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2010   #9
truskava

Windows se7en x64
 
 

Well it goes like this:

Modem appears to be installed. No errors. BUT I can't decide which of these need to be installed in order to get this modem to run.

When attempting to establish connection I get:

Which translated states:
Code:
Error during establishing network connection.
Disconnected.
Error 628: Connection has been terminated by remote host before it could be finished.
If You still blah blah blah...
Oh and just thought that it could help: Modem Logs - Pastebin.com.

>EDIT<

I forgot that when trying to connect i got other error:

Which translated states:
Code:
Error while connecting to internet
Disconnected.
Error: 619: Can not establish connection with the remote host, so the port used for this connection has been closed.
If You still blah blah blah...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2010   #10
truskava

Windows se7en x64
 
 

YAY! MANY MANY THANKS!

Thank to You, pebbly, I've been able to solve my problem!

I've been testing all the possibilities and found out, that using mobile partner from friends' huawei modem (e156g which uses SAME drivers as You provided)

I'm testing it right now and everything works flawlessly!

Just to set thigs straight: from link provided by pebbly and Mobile Partner from e156g. WORKS!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need driver for noname HSDPA modem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Samsung SGH-Z800 HSDPA Modem
Anyone got this working in Windows 7?
Drivers
driver modem micro
i need driver modem micro ps6362 i search cant find pleassse help me
Drivers
Modem driver problem, help?
I can't find a windows 7 driver for my motorola sb5100 modem. I tried using the vista one but i can't get it to work. I read in another post that the vista one should work, it extracts the files to my desktop but they don't do anything.Anyone have any ideas?
Hardware & Devices
HSDPA Modem
what HSDPA modem do you use in windows 7? :geek:
Hardware & Devices
Precision M2400 HSDPA Driver
Hi all, Was just wondering if any of you guys are using the Dell Precision M2400. There's a slot at the battery compartment which fits a SIM card, plus it shows that it's got HSDPA capabilities on their site; Dell Precision Mobile Workstations | Dell Malaysia However, I am unable to...
Drivers
modem driver not working for 64 bit
So uh, I have a motorola surfboard sb5101 modem and I recently got windows 7 64 bit. I've been trying to get the modem to work with an usb cable but the driver apparently doesn't work with 64 bit operating systems. I know using an ethernet cable would be a lot easier but I need to use both because...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App