Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Please HELP....Sony Vaio VGN-TZ27GN/N drivers

26 Feb 2011   #1
moath

windows 7 , 32bit
 
 
Please HELP....Sony Vaio VGN-TZ27GN/N drivers

Hi all,

I've upgraded my laptop to windows 7 professional, 32bit, But I'm facing some problems:

1- it shows that the " base system device " is missing... i have no idea what does that mean !!

2- the "Fn" is not working properly, I can't change the brightness of the screen or the volume or another important functionlaities like the page up & down keys !!

3- I can't scroll on the mouse touching pad

4- I can't use the buttons which are at the front edge of the laptop to control multimedia stuff and to eject the CD-ROM !!!

any help please, I start regretting upgrading windows !!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Feb 2011   #2
electrotune1200

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Did you perform an in place upgrade or a clean install?

That sounds like a lot of missing drivers for a Windows 7 install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2011   #3
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Hi Moath, welcome to the forums, have a look at this link VGN-TZ27GN : Downloads : Support : Sony Asia Pacific ,you will find the drivers are only for xp ,install them in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode download the full 203mb package with all the drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Feb 2011   #4
electrotune1200

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

From the looks of the driver page, your PC shipped originally with Vista?

Most, not if all of these drivers should work in Windows 7

Here's the driver download page.
Original Drivers for VGN-TZ2 Series : Sony Australia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2011   #5
electrotune1200

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi Moath, welcome to the forums, have a look at this link VGN-TZ27GN : Downloads : Support : Sony Asia Pacific ,you will find the drivers are only for xp ,install them in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode download the full 203mb package with all the drivers
Hi Pebbly, I'm pretty sure those are XP downgrade option drivers. I think the original drivers are for Vista.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2011   #6
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by electrotune1200 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi Moath, welcome to the forums, have a look at this link VGN-TZ27GN : Downloads : Support : Sony Asia Pacific ,you will find the drivers are only for xp ,install them in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode download the full 203mb package with all the drivers
Hi Pebbly, I'm pretty sure those are XP downgrade option drivers. I think the original drivers are for Vista.
you may be right electrotune ,sorry about that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2011   #7
electrotune1200

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by electrotune1200 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Hi Moath, welcome to the forums, have a look at this link VGN-TZ27GN : Downloads : Support : Sony Asia Pacific ,you will find the drivers are only for xp ,install them in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode download the full 203mb package with all the drivers
Hi Pebbly, I'm pretty sure those are XP downgrade option drivers. I think the original drivers are for Vista.
you may be right electrotune ,sorry about that
No need to be sorry Pebbly!

The page can be misleading.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Please HELP....Sony Vaio VGN-TZ27GN/N drivers




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sony Vaio 32 bit drivers
Hello all, I have a buddy who's hard drive failed him so he bought a new one and ordered windows 7 32 bit OEM when his original system came with a 64 bit OS. Does anyone know where i can get his Ethernet drivers (both Wireless and LAN). Thank you all for your help in advance. Model ...
Drivers
Sony VAIO 32 Bit Drivers?
I Have installed an Sony VAIO 32 Bit (VPCEH3H1E) with Windows 7 Home Premium and know I need a lot of drivers but I canšt find any good drivers? And the most drivers are 64 Bit drivers but i need 32 bit. Can someone help me or know anything?
Drivers
Ethernet drivers sony vaio
hey i installed windows 7 32 bit on my sony vaio model # VPCEE21FX and i cannot get the ethernet drivers, i need it really bad because usb is not working to good please help me out.
Drivers
Sony VAIO vgn-sz430n drivers
I upgraded my Vaio to Windows 7 Professional (32-bit) from Vista and I am quite pleased with the improvement. Unfortunately, there are a few quirks with my machine and Sony apparently does not support Windows 7 for this model. Video seems to be OK. But my "Fn" keys (volume up/down, screen...
Drivers
Sony Vaio NS drivers?
I have a Sony Vaio NS and I wanted to upgrape to Windows 7 RC Build. I was wondering would I have to install any drivers since I am upgraping and not clean installing? Thanks in advance.
Drivers
Sony Vaio SR490 Drivers
If i update to windows 7 instead of format, will my drivers be untouched or will i have to reinstall them?
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App