PCI Simple Communications Controller  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2
    Windows 7
       #21

    PCI Simple Communications Controller


    With my pleasure
    Anyway, keep your platforms drivers closely

    Sincerely,
    Sasha
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1
    windows 7 64
       #22

    Help


    I have an intel DP35DP mother board, and I have PCI Simple Communications Controller error, any ideas and drivers I need to load to fix this
    Thank you
      My Computer


  3. new
    Posts : 101
    windows 7 64 bit
       #23

    Steve S said:
    I have an intel DP35DP mother board, and I have PCI Simple Communications Controller error, any ideas and drivers I need to load to fix this
    Thank you
    You should find the drivers you need here
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 11
    Dual Boot XP 64bit/Win7 Ultimate
       #24

    Steve S said:
    I have an intel DP35DP mother board, and I have PCI Simple Communications Controller error, any ideas and drivers I need to load to fix this
    Thank you

    SteveS, it looks like your baord does not have a driver listed. You need to snag up the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) driver, though the DP35DP does not have a driver listed on the intel site. Perhaps you can try a driver for another one of Intel's 3 series boards. Worst case, you can always roll back the driver if it doesn't work. I have a DG45ID, and i installed the Intel ME driver, which solved my PCI Simple Communications Controller error.

    Good Luck,
    G
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 142
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; SP1
       #25

    I'm having the same problem my board is a Intel DG965WH and I'm running Windows 7 32 bit can someone point me to the right Intel Management Engine Interface driver update I'm not finding it?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 12,013
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
       #26

    McCoady;

    I have the same issue on an Intel DG965RY motherboard, very similar to yours. I am also using Win 7 32 bit.

    If Intel ever releases "Intel Desktop Utilities" for Windows 7, that will probably fix it. The lack of that particular driver doesn't appear to cause even 1 issue on my PC, so I'd just ignore it. I couldn't find a quick fix either.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 11
    Dual Boot XP 64bit/Win7 Ultimate
       #27

    mccoady said:
    I'm having the same problem my board is a Intel DG965WH and I'm running Windows 7 32 bit can someone point me to the right Intel Management Engine Interface driver update I'm not finding it?
    ignatzatsonic said:
    McCoady;

    I have the same issue on an Intel DG965RY motherboard, very similar to yours. I am also using Win 7 32 bit.

    If Intel ever releases "Intel Desktop Utilities" for Windows 7, that will probably fix it. The lack of that particular driver doesn't appear to cause even 1 issue on my PC, so I'd just ignore it. I couldn't find a quick fix either.
    _____________________________________________________________________

    Have you folks taken a chance at the new chipset drivers? Intel has them available for both the 965WH and RY boards you had mentioned. Probably wont help, but its wortha shot. Either way, my Intel DG45ID's ME driver was jsut released on the 12th,a so perhaps this is something that Intel is looking ot get out there for more models in the near future...

    Wish i could be of more help. Best of luck.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 142
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; SP1
       #28

    GarrettTV is this the new chipset drivers for my DG965WH you are talking about Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards...I'm always a little nervous doing updates on the board or bias in case something goes wrong.

    Like ignatzatsonic so far I haven't noticed any issues and while I'm not sure what the "Intel Desktop Utilities" is he mentioned I will keep an eye out for it.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 12,013
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
       #29

    Yes, that is what he is talking about.

    Intel Desktop Utilities is a little app that sits near your clock and keeps track of CPU temperature, hard drive health, power supply voltages, etc. I used it on Vista, but it is not yet available on 7.

    Re the chipset software. Maybe 6 months ago I read somewhere that it was typically not required on 900 series Intel boards--it was used widely in earlier years on 800 series boards.

    Probably in July, I searched for new chipset drivers and didn't find any. So when Win 7 came along, I didn't install them--I didn't know there were any. Then, a week or so after installing 7, I learned about this chipset driver release---note that it is dated Sept 17.

    The standard advice on chipset drivers has always been to install them IMMEDIATELY after Windows itself, before you install any drivers or applications.

    For that reason, I am a bit reluctant to install it now. I am running OK. I have already installed all my apps and drivers. I don't want to reinstall Windows 7 just to pick up the chipset drivers (in proper order), particularly when I have no reason to believe it will get rid of that bang in Device Manager.

    So, I think I am going to pass. But I wouldn't think of telling anyone else to follow by lead.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 11
    Dual Boot XP 64bit/Win7 Ultimate
       #30

    mccoady said:
    GarrettTV is this the new chipset drivers for my DG965WH you are talking about Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards...I'm always a little nervous doing updates on the board or bias in case something goes wrong.

    Like ignatzatsonic so far I haven't noticed any issues and while I'm not sure what the "Intel Desktop Utilities" is he mentioned I will keep an eye out for it.

    Ultimately, what you need is the Intel ME driver for your board. Others have claimed that updating their chipset solved the problem but it doesnt seem like that is true. I had only mentioned it because it was worth a shot if nothing else, and you can roll the driver back if things arent working out. I had updated my chipset after installing the RTM of Win7 and I still had the PCI SCC issue. I would suggest to just live with the missing driver until either (a) you notice real problems and can root them in this missing drivers or (b) Intel release a Management Engine driver for your board or series.

    ignatzatsonic said:
    Yes, that is what he is talking about.

    Intel Desktop Utilities is a little app that sits near your clock and keeps track of CPU temperature, hard drive health, power supply voltages, etc. I used it on Vista, but it is not yet available on 7.

    Re the chipset software. Maybe 6 months ago I read somewhere that it was typically not required on 900 series Intel boards--it was used widely in earlier years on 800 series boards.

    Probably in July, I searched for new chipset drivers and didn't find any. So when Win 7 came along, I didn't install them--I didn't know there were any. Then, a week or so after installing 7, I learned about this chipset driver release---note that it is dated Sept 17.

    The standard advice on chipset drivers has always been to install them IMMEDIATELY after Windows itself, before you install any drivers or applications.

    For that reason, I am a bit reluctant to install it now. I am running OK. I have already installed all my apps and drivers. I don't want to reinstall Windows 7 just to pick up the chipset drivers (in proper order), particularly when I have no reason to believe it will get rid of that bang in Device Manager.

    So, I think I am going to pass. But I wouldn't think of telling anyone else to follow by lead.
    Ig, i dont blame you for passing as you are right - the chipset drivers likely arent going to help. Just wait for the ME driver to come out and the issue should be solved.
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43.
Find Us