Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Laptop Touchpad

02 Aug 2009   #11
Nisha

 
 

Hi all. I'm having the same problem - I can't get the scrollbar working, I've downloaded the drivers as per echrada's post - they added the touchpad to my control panel, but I can't seem to get to anything which gives me an option to activate the scrollpad. I ran the driver in Vista SP2 mode.

Any other advice gratefully received! In case it makes a difference, I have a Dell 1720

Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Aug 2009   #12
septprince

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Hi Nisha..
Welcome to sevenforums....

Well build are you using.....
And if you fill you system specs.. that would be very helpful for us to help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #13
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nisha View Post
Hi all. I'm having the same problem - I can't get the scrollbar working, I've downloaded the drivers as per echrada's post - they added the touchpad to my control panel, but I can't seem to get to anything which gives me an option to activate the scrollpad. I ran the driver in Vista SP2 mode.

Any other advice gratefully received! In case it makes a difference, I have a Dell 1720

Thanks!
Nisha

Im being dense at this point. what scroll bar? btw dell 1504 w synaptics.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Aug 2009   #14
Nisha

 
 

Sorry Ken, that's me with my bad usage of words. My touchpad has the horizontal and vertical scroller bars which could be used to navigate pages. After moving to 7, they do nothing...

Septprince, thanks for the welcome. I'm updating my specs as best I know (still learning!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #15
Muad Dib

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nisha View Post
Hi all. I'm having the same problem - I can't get the scrollbar working, I've downloaded the drivers as per echrada's post - they added the touchpad to my control panel, but I can't seem to get to anything which gives me an option to activate the scrollpad. I ran the driver in Vista SP2 mode.

Any other advice gratefully received! In case it makes a difference, I have a Dell 1720

Thanks!
Well I just helped a fellow poster out with this:

Unless Dell decides to OFFICIALY support 64 bit on the A860 you will have to try alternatives.

Dell likes to re-use things/designs/spec between models to save costs.

I would try this one first (reported to work on Latutude D830)

Drivers and Downloads

I have not tried it yet on a Latitude I will be upgrading.

I strongly suggest you do an image backup or at least a restore point before the install.


The actual thread is here:

Dell Vostro A860 - touchpad driver

He reported back that it worked just fine.... if you have a Dell it might be worth a shot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #16
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post
Well I just helped a fellow poster out with this:

Unless Dell decides to OFFICIALY support 64 bit on the A860 you will have to try alternatives.

Dell likes to re-use things/designs/spec between models to save costs.

I would try this one first (reported to work on Latutude D830)

Drivers and Downloads

I have not tried it yet on a Latitude I will be upgrading.

I strongly suggest you do an image backup or at least a restore point before the install.


The actual thread is here:

Dell Vostro A860 - touchpad driver

He reported back that it worked just fine.... if you have a Dell it might be worth a shot.
I didnt see that it was 64 bit in the thread

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nisha View Post
Sorry Ken, that's me with my bad usage of words. My touchpad has the horizontal and vertical scroller bars which could be used to navigate pages. After moving to 7, they do nothing...

Septprince, thanks for the welcome. I'm updating my specs as best I know (still learning!)
Specs are fine, so is it 32 or 64 bit? My synaptecs have the same scroll bars and with the driver they work.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #17
Nisha

 
 

32 bit. Am I missing something really obvious here? I installed the driver in Vista SP2 compatibility - is there a setting somewhere I need to change? Or should it come through by itself?

Thanks all for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #18
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

nisha

If you're 32 bit this driver is old but works

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #19
Muad Dib

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
I didnt see that it was 64 bit in the thread



Specs are fine, so is it 32 or 64 bit? My synaptecs have the same scroll bars and with the driver they work.

Ken

The OP specs state x64, no?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2009   #20
Tweety

Windows 7 RC Build 7100
 
 

I have a Dell laptop and my touchpad works fine. It was just your driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Laptop Touchpad




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
My laptop's touchpad goes crazy
Hey and and thank you for the help I have an asus x401u and it came with windows 7 but i installed windows 8 dual boot then I started having problems with windows 8 so I performed a system recovery so that I had all the default settings, after like 1 to 2 months my mouse started to malfunction but...
Hardware & Devices
How can I disable the touchpad on my laptop
Hi I have an ASUS laptop model: N43S I used fn-f9 keys to disable my touchpad, and after I pressed these two keys, a picture of a locked touchpad appeared on the screen but the touchpad was still working. So I went to control panel -->device manager-->mice and other pointing...
Hardware & Devices
How do I disable the touchpad on my laptop?
How do I disable the touchpad on my laptop?
Hardware & Devices
Why do not work my laptop touchpad?
Hello Every one, have a nice day! please help to provide a solution by the given the answer of the question- Why do not work my laptop touch pad? I have attached a file for your info. thanks
Hardware & Devices
How do touchpad on laptop lg_xnote?
Help me! My Touchpad on laptop lg_xnote can't zoom with hand? Help me, please!
Windows Updates & Activation
Touchpad problem on my laptop
Hi! I have a problem with my touchpad on my VAIO laptop. I can't get it to work (tried almost everything). So I decided to low-format my HDD with diskpart's clean all command - and I did. When I then rebooted the laptop with the Windows 7 DVD in the optical drive and the DVD loaded - at the...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App