Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers

23 Jul 2011   #11
pooch

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

The other driver that you also need installed can be found here; ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6T Deluxe

A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers-capture.jpg

You are talking about two devices here and they are independant of each other




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Jul 2011   #12
Whitetomger

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Still having no luck, I have no idea where things are going wrong or why it won't accept the software I downloaded. It's not being accepted at all. x.x
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2011   #13
Whitetomger

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pooch View Post
The other driver that you also need installed can be found here; ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6T Deluxe

Attachment 166617

You are talking about two devices here and they are independant of each other
Which items from there do you recommend I download from that list. Sorry for being a bother with this, I really appreciate the trouble you're going through for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jul 2011   #14
pooch

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Whitetomger View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pooch View Post
The other driver that you also need installed can be found here; ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6T Deluxe

Attachment 166617

You are talking about two devices here and they are independant of each other
Which items from there do you recommend I download from that list. Sorry for being a bother with this, I really appreciate the trouble you're going through for me.
It depends how you connect to the internet The netgear device is Wlan and you need the Atheros driver for it to work.
You mentioned ethernet which I presume is a wired connection if this is the case you will need the Marvell and maybe the Realtek drivers.
Most people only use one method of connecting to the internet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2011   #15
Whitetomger

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pooch View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Whitetomger View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pooch View Post
The other driver that you also need installed can be found here; ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6T Deluxe

Attachment 166617

You are talking about two devices here and they are independant of each other
Which items from there do you recommend I download from that list. Sorry for being a bother with this, I really appreciate the trouble you're going through for me.
It depends how you connect to the internet The netgear device is Wlan and you need the Atheros driver for it to work.
You mentioned ethernet which I presume is a wired connection if this is the case you will need the Marvell and maybe the Realtek drivers.
Most people only use one method of connecting to the internet.
I tried downloading the Marvell drivers earlier but still had no luck (I tried ICS as a temporary solution to no avail). For some reason I can't get the Atheros drivers installed properly either. I have no idea where I'm going wrong there. x.x
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2011   #16
pooch

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Just confirm that this is the driverlink that you clicked to download the Atheros drivers

A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers-capture3.jpg

and that this is the driver you are trying to install

A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers-capture2.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2011   #17
pooch

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Upload a snip of the network adaptors in your device manager using the snipping tool to save an image and the paperclip to attach it to your post

A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers-capture4.jpg

here is a copy of mine

A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers-capture5.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2011   #18
pooch

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

If that driver is still refusing to work you can try this one; http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_WNA1100
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2011   #19
Whitetomger

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers-network-adapters.jpg
I also have the drivers you linked. Downloaded the other one just in case. Just unsure if I'm doing the installation process. Correctly. What you see displayed comes up whenever I plug in the adapter but I cannot finish installing Netgear's latest software due to the driver issue mentioned in my first post. Sorry again for being such a bother. x.x


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2011   #20
pooch

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You are doing OK I would like you to go through this tutorial; USB Driver - General Fix for Problems[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers Not that you have a USB problem, but because it should help you get to a point where no driver is automatically installed by windows and we can then concentrate on installing the signed driver.

The Netgear driver looks to be installed OK. Do you get a driver signature warning at every boot?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 A Crisis Involving 'Unsigned' Drivers




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
unsigned drivers
Im trying to install a game in win 7 but it involves installing what the game calls 'protected files'. These are apparently unsigned drivers that Win 7 will not install. I have installed this game in win xp in the past without any problems but it seems this is yet another windows security...
Drivers
unsigned drivers
Hello ,I have been using a kensington expert mouse on win 7 64bit ,and i have just tried out the kensington beta trackball works for win7 64 bit, it works great ,apart from the driver not being signed by MS,I have found that by pressing f8 and allowing windows to work with unsigned drivers the...
Drivers
Unsigned drivers
a while ago (over a month) found that i could not use my mouse or keyboard unless i disabled driver signature enforcement on boot just today, i ran sigverif and found that these drivers are unsigned: sugi1ci.dll wudfcoinstaller.dll usbehci.sys usbhub.sys wudfpf.sys wudfrd.sys but i think...
Drivers
Unsigned Drivers error
Ok, so I am using 2 seagate 250 gb hard drives to do a clean install of windows 7 64 bit running on RAID 0. I have the IDE config set to RAID in the BIOS and everything works fine until I choose where to install windows 7. I click the load drivers and navigate to the 64 bit ones and I get an...
Drivers
Using unsigned drivers/old hardware
I have a few problems. Is there a way to disable Win7 64 from enforcing drivers to be signed? I use older things that work fine but have no signature. Freeware too. My Actiontec GT701 modem only has drivers up to XP. That's what I used it on before and what I HAVE to still use now since I can't...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App