Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Realtek Onboard HD Audio

18 Aug 2009   #11
ruggb

windows 7
 
 

OK, I think my problem is the same. It is NOT solved BUT............
If I plug the headphone into the MIKE input I get a popup that asks what device I plugged in. If I select HEADPHONE, everything works like it did in XP -- except that the headphone is plugged into the mike port.


is yours the same?????????

definitely and issue.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Aug 2009   #12
iseeuu

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ruggb View Post
OK, I think my problem is the same. It is NOT solved BUT............
If I plug the headphone into the MIKE input I get a popup that asks what device I plugged in. If I select HEADPHONE, everything works like it did in XP -- except that the headphone is plugged into the mike port.


is yours the same?????????

definitely and issue.
If you have the Realtek utility pictured above, you can tell your sound system what output assignments to use.

Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #13
bertles86

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sassa View Post
Uninstall all drivers first and then install the new one...
Best way to uninstall all drivers is in device manager, right click on sound device icon and choose uninstall,don't allow windows to install drivers, restart and install r2.30 only, don't install driver via windows update.
Thanks Sassa, trouble is Windows installs it's drivers instantly when I reboot. How can I switch this off?

And iseeuu yes I had the Realtek manager with the drivers that didn't work, and only the the rear green output was lit up...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Aug 2009   #14
Sassa

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bertles86 View Post
Thanks Sassa, trouble is Windows installs it's drivers instantly when I reboot. How can I switch this off?

And iseeuu yes I had the Realtek manager with the drivers that didn't work, and only the the rear green output was lit up...
It is normal to install driver after reboot. Let Win install it's own driver and then install your driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #15
ruggb

windows 7
 
 

I had 2.27 from Gigabyte.
I installed 2.30 from above.
same thing
It isn't the same picture as shown and there is no output assignments.
it is set to mute speakers when headphone is plugged in and does - when it is plugged into mike and I tell it that it is a headphone. - the wiring has not changed.

Again, it reacts when I plug into the MIKE jack but not the HEADPHONE jack.
And I can set it to headphone when plugged into the mike jack and it works fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #16
iseeuu

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ruggb View Post
I had 2.27 from Gigabyte.
I installed 2.30 from above.
same thing
It isn't the same picture as shown and there is no output assignments.
it is set to mute speakers when headphone is plugged in and does - when it is plugged into mike and I tell it that it is a headphone. - the wiring has not changed.

Again, it reacts when I plug into the MIKE jack but not the HEADPHONE jack.
And I can set it to headphone when plugged into the mike jack and it works fine.
OK This is the Windows Sound Utility:







and does not have any way to make assignments, so either you don't have a Realtek sound utility installed with your drivers (which would be odd in that it auto detected your headphone and allowed you to assign that jack to your headphone) or you haven't found it yet?

Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #17
bertles86

 
 

Okay well I uninstall the drivers through DevMgr, rebooted, W7 reinstalled it's generic ones, I then installed 230 from the exe above and nada...

Below are screens of where I'm at now, any help would be much appreciated...as I cannot hear through my headset nor talk into the mic...and both the headset jacks are plugged in the front of my tower...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #18
Sassa

 
 

Try right click and then enable...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #19
bertles86

 
 

On the mic in the W7 Sound dialog? Apparently already is, only options is Disable...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2009   #20
iseeuu

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bertles86 View Post
Okay well I uninstall the drivers through DevMgr, rebooted, W7 reinstalled it's generic ones, I then installed 230 from the exe above and nada...

Below are screens of where I'm at now, any help would be much appreciated...as I cannot hear through my headset nor talk into the mic...and both the headset jacks are plugged in the front of my tower...
Nice pics!!

I am curious what choices you have from "Set Default Device" and "Device advanced settings?"

Realtek Onboard HD Audio-untitled.png

Others have had success loading older drivers in "Compatibility Mode". Here is a tutorial on Compatibility Mode. I didn't notice in the thread history if you had considered installing older working drivers in compatibility mode?

Robert


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Realtek Onboard HD Audio




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
No sound from onboard audio (Realtek High Defition Audio)
Hey Guys, So here it goes, I normally have my Logitech z-5500 speakers connected to the onboard sound output (green,yellow and black) as well as my Plantronics 780 connected to the front panel USB port. I used to be able to play music through any one without any problems, just had to select...
Sound & Audio
PLS HELP! Onboard realtek hd audio always says 'NOT PLUGGED IN' now
Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum. Sorry it is gonna be a long one. So here it goes.. Recently i re-assembled my computer. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I decided to put a sound card (creative 5.1vx) and then a graphics card (ati raedon hd 5450) in. The sound card...
Sound & Audio
Realtek ALC888 Onboard audio multistreaming
Hello, I've recently bought a new headset for my Skype telephone, and I don't want to unplug it from the front jacks each time I finish a call to get the sound back to my rear speaker jacks. I've seen Realtek having a so-called Multistreaming ability, and I'd like some insights on if this is...
Hardware & Devices
Onboard Realtek ALC658 no audio
Is anyone having a problem with their ALC658 chipset? I bought a motherboard that came out of a Compaq with that chipset and am having no luck using the Realtek drivers. No audio whatsoever. Also, I'm trying to manually install the .inf files and Windows 7 doesn't recognize any devices to...
Sound & Audio
Onboard Realtek ALC658 no audio
Is anyone having a problem with their ALC658 chipset? I bought a motherboard that came out of a Compaq with that chipset and am having no luck using the Realtek drivers. No audio whatsoever. Also, I'm trying to manually install the .inf files and Windows 7 doesn't recognize any devices to...
Drivers
Onboard Realtek Audio ALC883 is not detected
I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 and did all the updates but no sound. I have tried installing the latest drivers for the 64bit for the Realtek ALC883 but it still did not work. I did not think it would since Windows 7 is not detecting the onboard audio device. I have tried disabling the audio...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App