Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: toshiba satelite a15-s1292 and need a video controller

04 Nov 2009   #1
seadog59

windows 7
 
 
toshiba satelite a15-s1292 and need a video controller

Hi,
I put windows 7 on this older laptop that is an a15-s1292 satelite and everything works great but under the device manager it shows no drivers for the video controller! I went to toshibas website and they do not have this model listes as supported by them for windows 7 Any help you can give would be appreciated!!
thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Nov 2009   #2
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Is it suported by vista? You may even be able to install an XP driver this way. Follow this tutorial. Compatibility Mode >(edit) I don't see it listed at all. So go to device manager click on display adapter>properties>details>drop down menu hardware id. Then post a screen shot of what's listed and we'll seee about getting you a driver. Welcome to seven forums. Fabe A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #3
seadog59

windows 7
 
 
fabe thanks for the welcome

Not sure how to do a screen shot and when I tried to click on properties it would not copy so tried to just copy the property sheet under details


Standard VGA Graphics Adapter




Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Is it suported by vista? You may even be able to install an XP driver this way. Follow this tutorial. Compatibility Mode >(edit) I don't see it listed at all. So go to device manager click on display adapter>properties>details>drop down menu hardware id. Then post a screen shot of what's listed and we'll seee about getting you a driver. Welcome to seven forums. Fabe A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Nov 2009   #4
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Use start menu>the snipping tool. Now next to it the arrow drop down choose retangular,Paste> copy> save to file. Use the paperclip above and browse to the file then upload and attachment. toshiba satelite a15-s1292 and need a video controller-papperclip-2.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #5
seadog59

windows 7
 
 
every time i try to snip the window

I try to use the snip function but when I do the window under details that I have opened goes back up and just shows device description AAArrrrrggghhh Any ideas

thanks

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Use start menu>the snipping tool. Now next to it the arrow drop down choose retangular,Paste> copy> save to file. Use the paperclip above and browse to the file then upload and attachment. Attachment 35074
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #6
seadog59

windows 7
 
 
the graphics controller is

NOt sure if this helps but the graphic controller for this model laptop according to the toshiba website is an intel 852gm intergrated graphic controller. Does that help at all??
thanks again for all your help

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seadog59 View Post
I try to use the snip function but when I do the window under details that I have opened goes back up and just shows device description AAArrrrrggghhh Any ideas

thanks

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Use start menu>the snipping tool. Now next to it the arrow drop down choose retangular,Paste> copy> save to file. Use the paperclip above and browse to the file then upload and attachment. Attachment 35074
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2010   #7
silvex

Windows xp
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 toshiba satelite a15-s1292 and need a video controller




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Toshiba Satelite L455 reboots on shutdown signal
Hello friends: I know it has been a while since I posted but we have been very busy moving our shop. I have a Toshiba L455-S5009 with Phoenix bios v1.30, 8Gb Memory and a 500gb Hdd. With Windows 7 home premium. My issue is that when the machine is given the shutdown signal from the menu or...
Hardware & Devices
toshiba satelite c855-s5350 no bootable device
I hear a clicking when powering on, clicks about every 2 seconds. I think the HD is dead? i see the toshiba logo.... then "checking media... fail"... no bootable device please restart system. pretty sure the hard drive has died? it's making a clicking noise. seems to have windows 8 on...
General Discussion
Toshiba Satelite U50D-A Lost all USB ports.Very Frustrated
Hi can someone please tell me how to fix this.All usb ports don't work anymore.They had worked for year and half and all of a sudden my computer doesn't recognise when a usb is plugged in.I have tried all the fixes online and none seem to work.Getting ready to fix it for good.This has been unusable...
Drivers
BSOD random in Toshiba Satelite l650d
Random BSODs in Toshiba satellite l650d running win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Last one today: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 3b BCP1: 00000000C0000005 BCP2:...
BSOD Help and Support
Keyboard non funcioning keys Toshiba Satelite A100-233
Hi I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my Toshiba Satelite A100-233. Everything is working perfectly except my keyboard. The "page up", "home", "insert", "PrntScn" and most importantly the "delete" buttons doesn't work. The @ and " has also been switched around. There are no windows 7...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App