Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Sony VAIO VGN-NR285E drivers for Win7

20 Nov 2009   #1
balbasurero

windows 7
 
 
Sony VAIO VGN-NR285E drivers for Win7

Some Fn keys are not working for my VAIO VGN-NR285E, also my pointing device lacks the special side scrolling because ALPS pointing device is not installed, finally my audio is working but i cannot use the equalizer... I need the default drivers but unfortunately Sony drivers only work for vista

*tried already downloading vista drivers but still doesn't work


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Nov 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by balbasurero View Post
Some Fn keys are not working for my VAIO VGN-NR285E, also my pointing device lacks the special side scrolling because ALPS pointing device is not installed, finally my audio is working but i cannot use the equalizer... I need the default drivers but unfortunately Sony drivers only work for vista

*tried already downloading vista drivers but still doesn't work
Did you install the vista drivers in compatibility mode?

to install in compat mode, right click and goto properties>compatibily and check vista


Ken J++
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #3
balbasurero

windows 7
 
 

already tried that still not working
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Nov 2009   #4
macksgarage

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
 
 

On my vaio VGN-FZ140E, I was able to use the vista drivers for 32-bit 7 without issue. For 64-bit drivers, things are a little more complicated. sony has released 64 bit drivers, but hidden them and made finding them very counterintuitive. They don't intend to support them Those drivers are here:

Vaio 64-bit


in a rather unsorted list.

This did get me an ALPS driver, and memory stick reader driver. I never did get much luck with the Fn keys. Brightness controls still don't work, but one can use the slider in power management settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2009   #5
whest

XP, Vista, W7 64bit Home Premium
 
 

Here are 2 threads I was working with if you read them both through you should find the help you need with finding and installing the drivers.

Sony Vaio NS11J Drivers and FN Key Win7 64bit

Help getting all drivers on Sony CR4000
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2009   #6
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Welcome to seven forums balbasurero: Just for future reference. At the bottom of this thread and all the others, their are similar threads that might help steer you in the right direction. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #7
cris1982

Windows 7
 
 

Here you can find complete instructions for a similar VAIO. Installation order for utilities is important:
Windows 7 Ultimate Install on VAIO VGN-AR51M
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jan 2010   #8
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by macksgarage View Post
I never did get much luck with the Fn keys.
Mine have never worked unless I used the original graphics driver, I've tried all the suggestions still to no avail. But it's not really that big of an issue for me anyway as Win key + X gives the option to adjust brightness.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2010   #9
sr243

win 7
 
 

Thanks a MILLION for the hidden sony driver's list. That solved the problem for my vaio sz4xwn/c screen resolution which got stuck at 1024.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by macksgarage View Post
On my vaio VGN-FZ140E, I was able to use the vista drivers for 32-bit 7 without issue. For 64-bit drivers, things are a little more complicated. sony has released 64 bit drivers, but hidden them and made finding them very counterintuitive. They don't intend to support them Those drivers are here:

Vaio 64-bit


in a rather unsorted list.

This did get me an ALPS driver, and memory stick reader driver. I never did get much luck with the Fn keys. Brightness controls still don't work, but one can use the slider in power management settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sony VAIO VGN-NR285E drivers for Win7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sony Vaio 32 bit drivers
Hello all, I have a buddy who's hard drive failed him so he bought a new one and ordered windows 7 32 bit OEM when his original system came with a 64 bit OS. Does anyone know where i can get his Ethernet drivers (both Wireless and LAN). Thank you all for your help in advance. Model ...
Drivers
Sony VAIO 32 Bit Drivers?
I Have installed an Sony VAIO 32 Bit (VPCEH3H1E) with Windows 7 Home Premium and know I need a lot of drivers but I cant find any good drivers? And the most drivers are 64 Bit drivers but i need 32 bit. Can someone help me or know anything?
Drivers
Sony Vaio NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Win7 x64 Drivers needed
Hi to everyone, I cannot find graphics drivers that will fully install for my Sony Vaio Notebook. The model number is VPCL138FG My operating system in Windows 7 x64 bit The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M The official sony link for my laptop is ...
Graphic Cards
Sony Vaio NS11J Drivers and FN Key Win7 64bit
Hi guys, looking for a little assistance. I have just installed Windows 7 64bit version. My computer is a Sony Vaio VGN-NS11J from the EU. Intel Core 2 Duo - T5800 2GHz 4GB Ram 290GB HDD SATA Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Graphics Card
Drivers
Sony Vaio VGN-NR285E Drivers not working on Win7
Can someone please point me in the right direction. I need the drivers for the touchpad (side scroller) and for the function keys. I tried downloading the drivers from the Sony website and nothing is working. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Drivers
Sony Vaio NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT GPU Win7 x64 Drivers needed
Hi to everyone, I cannot find graphics drivers that will fully install for my Sony Vaio Laptop. The model number is VGN-AR71ZRU My operating system in Windows 7 x64 bit The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT GPU (sony website showing as 512mb) The official sony link for my laptop is...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App