Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Realtek HD Audio Manager Taskbar Icon Missing

17 Jun 2018   #1
werty12345

Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit)
 
 
Realtek HD Audio Manager Taskbar Icon Missing

Everything was fine until I uninstalled Realtek audio driver and installed an updated version from the official website. After installation, the icon does not show in the taskbar and since I am unable to launch the program. I must admit that I installed a couple of other audio programs (FXsound, Equalizer APO, Room EQ Wizard) and then later uninstalled all of them. This must have made some changes to my system. I have tried to uninstall and re-install the Realtek drivers about 3 times to no success. However, I am able to hear the audio properly (as though Realtek was installed and working). Moreover, I also see the equalizer, bass boost, Normalize Volume, etc options in Windows Sound Properties (see screenshot). These same options used to be in Realtek.

I am running Windows 7 (32 bit). Please help.




Attached Images
Realtek HD Audio Manager Taskbar Icon Missing-audio.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Jun 2018   #2
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi werty12345,

Just a thought!

Have you tried uninstalling/deleting the entries/drivers out of Device Manager and then re-booting?
The drivers should then automatically get reinstalled from the system files.

I hope this helps!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2018   #3
werty12345

Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
Hi werty12345,

Just a thought!

Have you tried deleting the entries/drivers out of Device Manager and then re-booting?
The drivers should then automatically get reinstalled from the system files.

I hope this helps!
Hi, thank you for the quick response. I went to Device Manager and don't see any delete option. I suppose you mean uninstall. However, should I uninstall the driver under Realtek or High Definition Audio Device as seen in screenshot?


Attached Images
Realtek HD Audio Manager Taskbar Icon Missing-audio.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jun 2018   #4
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi werty12345,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by werty12345 View Post
Should I uninstall the driver under Realtek or High Definition Audio Device?
I would uninstall both.
If the don't automatically get re-installed then go to the Realtek website and try re-installing the drivers again from there!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by werty12345 View Post
I must admit that I installed a couple of other audio programs (FXsound, Equalizer APO, Room EQ Wizard) and then later uninstalled all of them.
What did you use to uninstall them, because there might be leftover bits that are causing conflicts and problems!
It might be worth downloading Revo Uninstaller [FREE] and using that. When it gets to the Scan for leftover items make sure that you check the Advanced option.

I hope this helps!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2018   #5
erpster4

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit [x64]
 
 

werty12345, do NOT install the Realtek audio driver (R2.82) from the official Realtek web site! it is somewhat buggy AND the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel does not work on some systems if the R2.82 driver was installed thru the HDXRT.INF file (for x64 Win7) or HDART.INF file (for x86 Win7). I did this on several systems using different Realtek audio chips and the Realtek HD Audio Manager program from the R2.82 package would not even run - so this was my experience.

Install the 6.0.1.8432 x86 driver from here (which is newer than the one from the Realtek web site); this one should have a working Realtek HD Audio Manager app. use 7zip to open the cab file, extract all the files inside onto a temporary folder and use Device Manager to install the Realtek audio driver.

Also, what kind of computer are you using?

Note: the Realtek HD Audio Manager app never works on Sony brand computers that have onboard Realtek HD audio chips due to a driver config problem for so many years, regardless of using old or new drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2018   #6
werty12345

Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
Hi werty12345,
What did you use to uninstall them, because there might be leftover bits that are causing conflicts and problems!
It might be worth downloading Revo Uninstaller [FREE] and using that. When it gets to the Scan for leftover items make sure that you check the Advanced option.

I hope this helps!
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have uninstalled these programs using the standard uninstall program that come with the software. I installed FX Sound Enhancer earlier using Revo and created a snapshot. After several months of using it, I decided to uninstall FX using Revo and since then whenever I installed the Realtek driver, it won't open. However, the audio is good (as though Realtek is properly installed and working).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jun 2018   #7
werty12345

Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by erpster4 View Post
werty12345, do NOT install the Realtek audio driver (R2.82) from the official Realtek web site! it is somewhat buggy AND the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel does not work on some systems if the R2.82 driver was installed thru the HDXRT.INF file (for x64 Win7) or HDART.INF file (for x86 Win7). I did this on several systems using different Realtek audio chips and the Realtek HD Audio Manager program from the R2.82 package would not even run - so this was my experience.

Install the 6.0.1.8432 x86 driver from here (which is newer than the one from the Realtek web site); this one should have a working Realtek HD Audio Manager app. use 7zip to open the cab file, extract all the files inside onto a temporary folder and use Device Manager to install the Realtek audio driver.

Also, what kind of computer are you using?

Note: the Realtek HD Audio Manager app never works on Sony brand computers that have onboard Realtek HD audio chips due to a driver config problem for so many years, regardless of using old or new drivers.
I have an assembled PC and not a branded one. I too checked on the internet and this version seems to be buggy. Will try the version that you have suggested. Thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #8
erpster4

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit [x64]
 
 

no probs, werty12345.

on a friend's ASUS board, I get this version of Realtek HD Audio Manager app (with an ASUS logo on the top left hand corner)


Attached Images
Realtek HD Audio Manager Taskbar Icon Missing-asus-realtek-audio-cpl-m5a78l-m-le-usb3-2-.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Realtek HD Audio Manager Taskbar Icon Missing




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Missing Realtek HD Audio Manager
I had the program,the audio manager but one day when i restarted my computer the Audio Manager was gone. I tried searching on the internet for a fix but couldn't find what i was experiencing. Realtek hd audio manager - Google Search This is what im looking for,and i had it,but now it's gone.I...
Sound & Audio
Realtek Taskbar Icon Missing.
And I don't know why it should be. I know you can hit that arrow/caret and adjust the preferences of when you see an icon, and it has always been selected as "Show Icons and Notifications." It still is. And I can even open the program through the control panel, and it still doesn't show up in the...
Sound & Audio
Realtek audio manager missing
i had realtek audio manager before my mother board fried. i got it replaced, and i do not have realtek audio manager any more. i went to the realtek site and downloaded a bunch of High Definition Audio Codecs, hoping that it would suddenly appear after the download and install. but no. i looked all...
Sound & Audio
Missing 'equalizer' in Realtek HD audio manager
As the title says, I have no equalizer even thought I'm using the latest version of the driver. I did a lot of research but couldn't find a way to fix it :/
Sound & Audio
Realtek Hd Audio Manager missing
I have a problem locating my Realtek Hd Audio Manager, I have read through many posts such as updating your drivers, uninstalling then re-installing, restarting your computer, make sure to check my BIOS, check in control panel, things like that. And in conclusion I think I have 2 possible...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42.
Twitter Facebook Google+