Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No Epson driver(s) for use with W7

24 Nov 2009   #1
improver26142

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
No Epson driver(s) for use with W7

I tried installing driver(s) to use my hp dv3t with my Epson Stylus CX4600…Windows Update couldn't do it automatically, using the installer manually didn't work, and when I went to Epson's W7 Support page and tried to get the software specifically for W7 and my model all-in-one it said:

"This file is currently not available for your model. Please check back at a later date."

So, there's no way to make this work? What are the odds that they ever *will* release a driver? (I've noticed software drivers are not a big priority for most printer companies.) Does anyone have or know of a workaround? Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Nov 2009   #2
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I found Windows 7 drivers on the Epson page:

Epson Stylus CX4600, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

Is that not what you are looking for?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by improver26142 View Post
I tried installing driver(s) to use my hp dv3t with my Epson Stylus CX4600…Windows Update couldn't do it automatically, using the installer manually didn't work, and when I went to Epson's W7 Support page and tried to get the software specifically for W7 and my model all-in-one it said:

"This file is currently not available for your model. Please check back at a later date."

So, there's no way to make this work? What are the odds that they ever *will* release a driver? (I've noticed software drivers are not a big priority for most printer companies.) Does anyone have or know of a workaround? Thanks!
Hi and welcome

The vista driver will work but needs to be installed in compatability mode. you do that by right clicking the installer>properties>compatability>check vista

Hope this helps

Ken J+
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Nov 2009   #4
improver26142

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
I found Windows 7 drivers on the Epson page:

Epson Stylus CX4600, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

Is that not what you are looking for?

That's the one I downloaded and tried to install manually (didn't work). Thanks though
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #5
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Exactly what didn't work? What error messages did you receive? Have you contacted Epson yet?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #6
improver26142

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Exactly what didn't work? What error messages did you receive? Have you contacted Epson yet?
I forget the exact wording but it was something about it not having been installed correctly (I ran it twice, same message both times)…I rebooted and tried printing anyway but nothing happened (the name of the printer didn't appear in the pulldown menu, and nothing happened when I tried to print to the xps default printer.)

I sent an email to Epson but haven't heard back yet (I tend not to have too much faith in them, in the past their general response to everything has been "reinstall").

P.S. If it makes a difference I can rerun the installer and post the exact error message here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #7
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Using the xps printer just allows you to print to a file.

If you use the included CD, can you install the printer? Also, are you following the same directions you would if you used the CD, ie: install driver, connect via USB, etc, etc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #8
improver26142

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Using the xps printer just allows you to print to a file.

If you use the included CD, can you install the printer? Also, are you following the same directions you would if you used the CD, ie: install driver, connect via USB, etc, etc?
Hi

I can't find the installation CD, in any case it's several years old; I assume the drivers are out-of-date.

What worries me is that I went to the Epson Windows 7 support page and tried to get a driver there, but the site told me that nothing was available. (I'm afraid they're not going to ever release one to encourage people to get new printers, and that no workaround exists.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #9
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I read those pages - the compatibility chart shows you can download the necessary Windows 7 drivers for your printer. There are two Windows 7 compatible drivers/apps - the twain driver and the print utility (I forgot the exact name).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #10
improver26142

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
I read those pages - the compatibility chart shows you can download the necessary Windows 7 drivers for your printer. There are two Windows 7 compatible drivers/apps - the twain driver and the print utility (I forgot the exact name).
Yeah, that's why I tried downloading from that page. I was able to download it fine, but they refuse to install. (There's a separate page at Epson for W7 stuff, that's where it says there is no file for that printer and OS combo.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No Epson driver(s) for use with W7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
epson sx100 driver
i have just up graded my system from xp32 bit to win7 64bit can any one point me in the direction of a driver for the above printer
Drivers
TX125 Driver Epson All in One
I have a Epson TX125 printer. This model is not available in the United States. I am retired and went to South America where I bought this printer. The driver was only in Spanish which doesn't help me. I know there is an English Version of this driver as I see it on the web. However, when I...
Drivers
Epson LX-800 driver for Windows 7
Hi! Can anyone help me with Epson LX-800 driver for Windows 7? Where can I possibly get this driver? Thanks in advance
Drivers
Epson CX 5400 Twain Driver
I have a problem in that the Epson Stylus Cx5400 printer added to my new PC with windows 7 did not display the smart panel. I have managed to get this from the original disc but when I try to scan from the smart panel, it keeps asking for me to download the supported TWAIN driver. Where is this...
Drivers
Epson Stylus TX300F driver
hello friends,i own a Epson Stylus TX300F all in one printer,when i got that printer i installed it in windows 7 without any problem,it installed the scanner,printer all worked well but after some day the printer stoped working but scan was working fine,i thought it might be printer problem so i...
Drivers
Epson printer driver
Hi Gang Has any one found any drivers that will work with a Epson R300 printer.? Thanx....Gunny....:D
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:44.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App