Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Monitor USB hubs no longer recognized.

4 Weeks Ago   #1
janjan21

win7 x64
 
 
Monitor USB hubs no longer recognized.

I have to DELL u2412 monitors with USB hubs connected to my WIN7 X64.
All was working well until…
I had to place my PC on a new desk so I unplugged the connection and when I reconnected (probably to different usb ports).
When I restarted the PC all was working well for a few minutes until windows decided to update the drivers – I probably connected to different ports.
This cause the hubs to stop working completely though they still deliver power.

In the device manager I now have to unrecognized devices which should be the generic usb hubs.

I tried uninstalling the usb generic hub, windows diagnostic tools, reinstall DELL drivers, plugging the different usb ports – nothing.
The hubs are working before windows starts, I know this because my wireless mouse, which is connected via the hub, functions on the bios menu before windows starts.

I even went through restoring my entire disk (using acronis)…all was working well for a few minutes until windows decide to update the drivers…

PLEASE, any help, suggestions?

Dan


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
4 Weeks Ago   #2
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi janjan21,

Welcome to SevenForums!

Hve you checked on the Dell website for the monitor drivers and tried installing them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #3
janjan21

win7 x64
 
 

yes as i wrote i have reinstalled dells drivers.
i neglected to write this but dell provides the monitor display drivers, not the hub. they do not provide the hub drivers since it's a generic one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

4 Weeks Ago   #4
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

I don't have a Windows 7 to hand to give specific access instructions but you should be able to stop windows automatically updating drivers, If you switch the option off it will mean you have to manually install future drivers for this, and other hardware, which is these days probably a good idea.

you should also be able to remove the non working drivers manually - these is normally present a check box option to delete driver files which should give you a "clean slate" to work from
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #5
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi janjan21,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by janjan21 View Post
I neglected to write this but dell provides the monitor display drivers, not the hub. they do not provide the hub drivers since it's a generic one.
Have you tried running WU [Windows Update] to see if it finds the latest drivers?
Or, you could delete the drivers from within the Device Manager and then restart the computer, it should then install the correct drivers!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #6
janjan21

win7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
Hi janjan21,



Have you tried running WU [Windows Update] to see if it finds the latest drivers?
Or, you could delete the drivers from within the Device Manager and then restart the computer, it should then install the correct drivers!
yes i have done all of the above already and it did not help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #7
janjan21

win7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
I don't have a Windows 7 to hand to give specific access instructions but you should be able to stop windows automatically updating drivers, If you switch the option off it will mean you have to manually install future drivers for this, and other hardware, which is these days probably a good idea.

you should also be able to remove the non working drivers manually - these is normally present a check box option to delete driver files which should give you a "clean slate" to work from
it's impossible to do though i tired it already.
yes i can prevent automatic update but by the time i get to it the update is already done.
I restored my entire system and all was working when windows booted. but it managed to update before i could stop it.

I shall try booting in safe mode next, unhide all usb drivers and uninstall the non used ones.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #8
janjan21

win7 x64
 
 

solved by copy C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usb.inf_amd64_neutral_e2b28ecac19a29af files to C:\Windows\inf
in the device manager update the non recognized devices drivers and brows to this location: C:\Windows\inf
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #9
Paul Black

7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
 
 

Hi janjan21,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by janjan21 View Post
Solved by copying:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usb.inf_amd64_neutral_e2b28ecac19a29af

...files to:

C:\Windows\inf

...in the device manager update the non recognized devices drivers and browse to this location:

C:\Windows\inf
I am glad you have found the solution to your problem/question. Thanks for sharing the solution, it will help other people visiting this thread that have the same problem/question.
Thank you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Weeks Ago   #10
janjan21

win7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by janjan21 View Post
solved by copy C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usb.inf_amd64_neutral_e2b28ecac19a29af files to C:\Windows\inf
in the device manager update the non recognized devices drivers and brows to this location: C:\Windows\inf
ן Microsoft decided to move or delete this files along the way and since they were not found locally it looked for them on the internet and they are missing there as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Monitor USB hubs no longer recognized.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
USB drives no longer recognized
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero (socket 1150) i5 4670K Win 7 Pro x64 A while back, I started getting the occasional blue screen with stop error 0x0000007E, also mentioning asusfilter.sys, which seems to be a USB hub filter driver. Recently, it occurred more frequently. Now my USB...
Hardware & Devices
USB no longer recognized by computers
About a year ago I used Universal USB Installer to install the Ubuntu Desktop ios onto my USB. Computers no longer recognize it as far as I can tell. It doesn't appear as a device with removable storage when I open the My Computer folder. I've tried putting it into another computer and the same...
Hardware & Devices
Flash drive no longer recognized
I just plugged a flash drive into my stand-alone DVD player to listen to music. I came back to comp and it is not recognized.:mad: Tried all different USB ports. Not showing in Dev Mgr. I thought it might have failed, so went back to my DVD player and it is fine.:confused:
Hardware & Devices
my monitor is no longer recognized, screen resolution is decreased
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 on my replacement boot disk (old one died) on May 25/12. Since June 4 (and at least once before that), daily my monitor is no longer recognized and the screen resolution is decreased. It doesn't know about my Samsung monitor anymore. It now shows...
Graphic Cards
CDRom no longer recognized.
Heya. My CDrom has suddenly stopped working, windows no longer recognizes it. I have tried replacing the cables, plugging it into a different port and replaced the CDrom all together with one that I know works. It will power up during the initial boot. Awhile ago it was announced that...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:04.
Twitter Facebook Google+