Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wacom intuos pro not got device driver from windows update

3 Weeks Ago   #1
egozi44

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64 bit
 
 
Wacom intuos pro not got device driver from windows update

Ok, so I got the Wacon Intuos pro I wanted for few years by now, turn out it got revisioned to a "better" model in 2017 (which I haven't thought was that big of a deal) and that wacom have history upon histories of bad driver support (and technical support),

So I tried to plug it to the computer (which ran on win7 SP1 OS) and aside from getting electricity to chrage the tablet I didn't got any popping bubble from window that tell me it install the device driver, I checked in windows updates, tried to check in the device manger, and nothing.

The new model doesn't come with wireless usb dongel like the 2015 model to cut some funds for the wacom production line, and instead have bluetooth support (will come back to it later),

So after installing wacom driver ofc (which didn't made windows to detect the device) I done some heavy research on Google and found many have this issue, I tried to restart the wacom service, install older version of the driver (can't go that much behind like the 2015 users cause after two downgrades the device don't seem to work with any other update beneath it),

I removed ofc the driver completely with each upgrade/downgrade (no folder registry or leftover files in system32 folder were left (I saw the user's thread in this site from 2015, following it didn't solved my issue)), I also tried to change USB ports and different cable but nothing.

And I talk with wacom support which was nice but clueless like Patrick from Spongebob,

They saw that I already did what they tell people to do (had to do it AGAIN to prove them...)
And even the log I sent them by their request showed that everything was alright in my machine,

I even tested it on another machine with win7 OS with SP1 and got the exact same result, the only thing left they told me to do (aside from going to my warranty or moving me to Microsoft support (talk about irresponsibly..)) was to install All of windows updates,
not any specific one but All,
Since I know what MS did to windows 7 with some of their updates since 2014+ I refused, I need to know the exact update to test it but the wacom support don't even seem to know how to launch the window update app so I didn't got any update number (I also checked online and saw one person with the same issue who claimed he did install all of the updates and nothing changed so don't blame me if I don't trust wacom tech support at this point..),

I was wondering if anyone here know what kind of update Microsoft released since 2014 which update the device detection? I had to install one update for the windows update app in 2016 in order for the client to keep working, but I didn't was forced to install another client update ever since (and some people saying that the last clients updates are shady), I did tried to install some updates that looks like they do something to the device manger but it didn't help.

So any idea what updates I can try or what I can do to solve it?


P.S. I tried the tablet with bluetooth dongel and it worked but still didn't installed driver for the device (so I can use it with the USB cable) and work a bit laggy so I rather use the cable if possible.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
3 Weeks Ago   #2
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by egozi44 View Post
Ok, so I got the Wacon Intuos pro I wanted for few years by now, turn out it got revisioned to a "better" model in 2017 (which I haven't thought was that big of a deal) and that wacom have history upon histories of bad driver support (and technical support),

Hi, I've got the Wacom Intuos Pro (2017) but mine is running under Windows 10.

So I tried to plug it to the computer (which ran on win7 SP1 OS) and aside from getting electricity to chrage the tablet I didn't got any popping bubble from window that tell me it install the device driver, I checked in windows updates, tried to check in the device manger, and nothing.

Same happened under Windows 10, but that's not a problem. Connect the device to you PC via the supplied cable and make sure the unit is on - you'll see an orange dot (charging) and a white dot on the wheel. After that's if you get no prompt (as you stated) simply go here Wacom.com/start. From there follow the instructions. This YouTube video might help....



Once you follow those instructions, make sure your restart the PC.

I even tested it on another machine with win7 OS with SP1 and got the exact same result, the only thing left they told me to do (aside from going to my warranty or moving me to Microsoft support (talk about irresponsibly..)) was to install All of windows updates,

You issue is on Wacom, not Microsoft, and Wacom should NOT be sending you off to Microsoft. And I guarantee once you start talking to Microsoft on this issue, they are going to bounce you right back to Wacom.

I was wondering if anyone here know what kind of update Microsoft released since 2014 which update the device detection? I had to install one update for the windows update app in 2016 in order for the client to keep working, but I didn't was forced to install another client update ever since (and some people saying that the last clients updates are shady), I did tried to install some updates that looks like they do something to the device manger but it didn't help.

This is more a Wacom issue, and according to Wacom, Windows 7 is supported and there are drivers there for the tablet.

P.S. I tried the tablet with bluetooth dongel and it worked but still didn't installed driver for the device (so I can use it with the USB cable) and work a bit laggy so I rather use the cable if possible.
My reply in red. And for Bluetooth the work, your PC must support Bluetooth and have a Bluetooth adapter installed. And for the record, I also find Bluetooth a bit laggy as opposed to using the USB cable. That said, one you get your issues settled, perhaps Bluetooth will function a bit more smoothly.

Let me know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #3
egozi44

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64 bit
 
 

Quote:
Hi, I've got the Wacom Intuos Pro (2017) but mine is running under Windows 10.
Hi, yeah I noticed that on win10 most of the complaints are low (unsurprisingly)

Quote:
Same happened under Windows 10, but that's not a problem. Connect the device to you PC via the supplied cable and make sure the unit is on - you'll see an orange dot (charging) and a white dot on the wheel. After that's if you get no prompt (as you stated) simply go here Wacom.com/start. From there follow the instructions. This YouTube video might help....
I thought that by saying that I installed the wacom driver it was obvious enough that I did these steps, but I probably should elaborated more, believe me that I tried nearly everything aside install every little update that is out there for win7.


Quote:
You issue is on Wacom, not Microsoft, and Wacom should NOT be sending you off to Microsoft. And I guarantee once you start talking to Microsoft on this issue, they are going to bounce you right back to Wacom.
Yeah I'm aware of it, that what happens when you have bad support :/

I also aware the device is support win7 (I checked before buying and it write on the box with huge letters and win7 icon xP) and that the bluetooth need adapter (had to buy one just for that while older revision just came with wireless dongle out of the box -_-)

I think the issue is either an update that need to add support for tablet, or maybe a framware update (campnies ship their devices with low framware even if sometimes an updated is required in order to enable support for low OS) But I can't update it via bluetooth alone and don't have any machine with win10 around to check it...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

3 Weeks Ago   #4
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

Perhaps a silly question, but have you updated the Motherboard BIOS. Visit the motherboard manufacturers website, and check for updates there? There may have been a history with your motherboard USB detection.

If you want to check Microsoft Updates, you can download and run DISM++. Checking every update since 2014 could take a long time.

Had you also tried uninstalling present device driver, before installing new device driver? See My tablet was working for a while, then it stopped working. Now it moves like a mouse not a tablet. What do I do? (Intuos and Cintiq models, etc.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #5
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Well, I'm a bit mystified that tablet isn't installing as it clearly should. With that, I am of the firm belief this isn't a Windows 7 issue per se, but something else as the tablet is clearly support by Windows 7. That said, YES... do make sure you update the firmware as well. I should have stated that first!!!

Your firmware update does not require Bluetooth only, it CAN be done via USB cable. Trust me.

Anyway when you installed the software package you should have gotten the Wacom desktop Center app where your updates can also be found....

Wacom intuos pro not got device driver from windows update-wacom-properties.jpg
If there's a firmware update, it WILL be listed.

Let us know.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #6
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iko22 View Post
Perhaps a silly question, but have you updated the Motherboard BIOS. Visit the motherboard manufacturers website, and check for updates there? There may have been a history with your motherboard USB detection.

If you want to check Microsoft Updates, you can download and run DISM++. Checking every update since 2014 could take a long time.

Had you also tried uninstalling present device driver, before installing new device driver? See My tablet was working for a while, then it stopped working. Now it moves like a mouse not a tablet. What do I do? (Intuos and Cintiq models, etc.)
As one who actually has and uses the device, a BIOS update is NOT the issue here. And, yeah, I know I'm running Windows 10, and the OP, Windows 7, still.... NOT a BIOS issue.

Let's keep thing simple here, and move to the more extravagant later.

And for clarity, Windows 7 doesn't use "DISM" but instead the System Update Readiness Tool

Also - Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #7
egozi44

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64 bit
 
 

Quote:
Perhaps a silly question, but have you updated the Motherboard BIOS. Visit the motherboard manufacturers website, and check for updates there? There may have been a history with your motherboard USB detection.
Yup I did, last bios update was in 2013/09/16 so I don't expect new update to come since then but did it just to be sure xP


Quote:
If you want to check Microsoft Updates, you can download and run DISM++. Checking every update since 2014 could take a long time.
Never heard of DISM++ what it does?, giving a quick look on their website it look like they made yet another tool that do various things in your system without asking you, need to check it though



Quote:
I can't uninstall something that is not there to begin with
It not installed anything, and I didn't had any other drawing tablet previously, the bluetooth finally installed something but it was for the bluetooth alone, removing it didn't changed anything and that device not appear unless the bluetooth on (and I did many test with the cable only half month before buying that bluetooth adopter


Quote:
Well, I'm a bit mystified that tablet isn't installing as it clearly should. With that, I am of the firm belief this isn't a Windows 7 issue per se, but something else as the tablet is clearly support by Windows 7. That said, YES... do make sure you update the firmware as well. I should have stated that first!!!

Your firmware update does not require Bluetooth only, it CAN be done via USB cable. Trust me.

Anyway when you installed the software package you should have gotten the Wacom desktop Center app where your updates can also be found....
I said I can't update it without the cable though :/
The tablet not being detect on the computer at all without the bluetooth so it don't let me update the frameware, and adding the cable while it detect it on bluetooth don't change a thing in the Wacom desktop Center
It just act as if the tablet is not connected by cable at all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #8
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by egozi44 View Post

I said I can't update it without the cable though :/

The tablet not being detect on the computer at all without the bluetooth so it don't let me update the frameware, and adding the cable while it detect it on bluetooth don't change a thing in the Wacom desktop Center
It just act as if the tablet is not connected by cable at all
What happened to the cable????

And I'm sorry, but it's really hard to understand what you're saying at times. With that you need to explain what's going on with the cable and why it can't be used????

Also.... "I also tried to change USB ports and different cable but nothing." - You need to use the cable that came with the device because the end of the cable connecting to the device is basically a Type-C cable, NOT a mini USB port. You need to use the cable shipped with the device!!!

I've read your first post a couple of times and see no mention of a USB cable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #9
egozi44

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
What happened to the cable????

And I'm sorry, but it's really hard to understand what you're saying at times. With that you need to explain what's going on with the cable and why it can't be used????

I've read your first post a couple of times and see no mention of a USB cable.

I mean that the wacom center saying I can't update the device without the cable, the cable is there and was used, no one died or disappeared yet so don't worry xP

I also did mentioned about mt use cables in the first post:

Quote:
I also tried to change USB ports and different cable but nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Weeks Ago   #10
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Sorry I've no other suggestions good luck.

I mean that the wacom center saying I can't update the device without the cable, the cable is there and was used, no one died or disappeared yet so don't worrk xP

And you should re-read my post as I edited it.

Peace:)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wacom intuos pro not got device driver from windows update




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 + Wacom Intuos 3 Problems...
Hi guys, i've been using the Windows 7 and my Wacom Intuos 3 for about 1 week and it was great. But yesterday suddenly my tablet stoped work when my windows startup....if i disable the wacom drivers the tablet works fine but not with all the wacom stuff, and if i go to the wacom properties...
Drivers
Wacom Intuos and Windows 7
Wacom Intuos and Windows 7 Having taken the plunge and bought a new whizzy Windows 7 computer I am having real problems getting it to recognise my Wacom Intuos tablet. The tablet is old but works perfectly well and I really donít want to buy another one if I can help it. So far I have done...
Drivers
Intuos 4 + Windows 7 = USB device not recognized
Please tell me if this is not the right sub-forum. I've been encountering error Code 43. I've tried a lot and I am running out of options. I'm working on an Acer Aspire 5542G. My operating system is Windows 7. The USB device not being recognized is my Wacom Intuos 4 PTK. - I've...
Drivers
Wacom Intuos 4 freezes after SSD install
I've had the Intuos 4 since it came out. Running fine under Windows 7 x64. Over the weekend I installed an Intel X-25 160GB SSD as my primary drive, which of course required a reinstall. Now the Intuos 4 freezes immediately after boot. It almost appears as though the SSD drive is so fast that...
Hardware & Devices
WACOM Intuos 4 works fine..
Just thought I'd let you guys know that the Wacom Intuos4 graphics pad works a treat on W7 - straight out of the box, too..:D
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+