Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Acer Aspire 4520 Laptop question

15 Dec 2009   #11
sReKcAh

Windows 7 Ultimate x86/Ubuntu 10.10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by apvm View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sReKcAh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by apvm View Post
My Acer 4520 labtop comes with Vista 32bit Home Basic, anyone has same labtop has experience upgrading O/S to Windows 7 care to share..tia

ok,4 me,there is no probs with my Acer 4520 with Win 7 Ultimate OS.Coz im using fresh installed.maybe driver probs coz my web cam icon no more in desktop,only in CP only.i'm not sure y it's happen.
Does Windows 7 has all the drivers?
From my experience,yes u can check to this site.Service & Support


n 1 more thing,if u 1 2 upgrade u're ram 2 4 gb,u MUST update u're BIOS bcoz if no it' s only can detect 3 gb(based on my experience).


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Dec 2009   #12
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sReKcAh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by apvm View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sReKcAh View Post


ok,4 me,there is no probs with my Acer 4520 with Win 7 Ultimate OS.Coz im using fresh installed.maybe driver probs coz my web cam icon no more in desktop,only in CP only.i'm not sure y it's happen.
Does Windows 7 has all the drivers?
From my experience,yes u can check to this site.Service & Support

n 1 more thing,if u 1 2 upgrade u're ram 2 4 gb,u MUST update u're BIOS bcoz if no it' s only can detect 3 gb(based on my experience).
Really? What chipset do you have? I don't think the BIOS would be constrained.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2009   #13
lewisteo

Vista
 
 
My Humble Advise

I did mine clean install few days ago --- Success.

Remember, if u want to flash yr bios, u have to do it via XP, just u a Live CD version, flash it and all will be fine.

For Drivers, just go to ACER website, select yr model, 32 or 64 bits, and download both vista and windows 7 drivers, upzip them all into a directory, when you see unknown devices, just update them and point them to this folder and all will be fine.

At least mine is good.

Webcam Driver also included in the site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Dec 2009   #14
sReKcAh

Windows 7 Ultimate x86/Ubuntu 10.10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sReKcAh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by apvm View Post

Does Windows 7 has all the drivers?
From my experience,yes u can check to this site.Service & Support

n 1 more thing,if u 1 2 upgrade u're ram 2 4 gb,u MUST update u're BIOS bcoz if no it' s only can detect 3 gb(based on my experience).
Really? What chipset do you have? I don't think the BIOS would be constrained.
4 more info,u can check to this blog Windows XP and Acer Aspire 4520 - Download Aspire 4520 Windows XP Drivers
my bios version is v1.3632
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2009   #15
apvm

Windows 7
 
 

Bios is version 3632 and I don't see newer version at their support site...I have 2GB of ram and planning on adding another 1 GB since someone is selling it to me for $15, looks like 32bit Windows 7 is a better bet than 64bit with drivers. Anyway...looking for a way to save the Acer hidded partition before installling 7 so I could go back to the original state if it doesn't work out....already burnt 2 dvd with Acer erocovery (factory default).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2009   #16
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

@apvm Just make sure the 1 gig of ram your going to use is as close to the other 2 your using. You can run CPU-z with the 2 gigs in, then take them out and run the 1 gig and compare the settings. If they are not of the exact same, or extremly close you can run into problems with the ram not playing nice together. Fabe CPUID
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2009   #17
apvm

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
@apvm Just make sure the 1 gig of ram your going to use is as close to the other 2 your using. You can run CPU-z with the 2 gigs in, then take them out and run the 1 gig and compare the settings. If they are not of the exact same, or extremly close you can run into problems with the ram not playing nice together. Fabe CPUID
Thanks...my present ram is Samsung 2GB DDR2 667 5-5-5, the one that I bought which haven't arrive yet is a working pull from someone's netbook...1GB DDR2 667, I'll check to see if they are close when it arrives. Thanks for the tip.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2009   #18
apvm

Windows 7
 
 

upgraded to Winows 7 32bit since Acer has the nforce drivers for 32bit only and I don't have 4GB ram for 64bit, anyway it was smooth upgrade...much faster than Vista home basic I had..thanks everyone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2009   #19
GatoSoft

@Home/Work: Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
 
 

Hi! ^_^

I've Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on my Aspire 4520 and is running without problems at all. I've installed all the drivers I could find for Windows 7 and for those who I can't find for 7 just installed their Vista counterparts.
Everything is working smoothly and perfect, without any device conflict in Device Manager. I'm using it without any single BSOD since 23 October (when I bought and installed 7) and I never turn off my notebook so... as you see, it's working more than perfect.
Also, I've installed Acer software that came originally for Windows Vista (downloaded from support.acer.com), like Acer Launch Manager, and haven't any issue at all.
I can play games (I use to play Workd of Warcraft frequently on my notebook), browse Internet, burn CD/DVDs, watch HD movies, listen to music...
Anyway, I just wanted you to know that 64 bits version of Windows 7 can run flawlessly because maybe you're wasting a good couple of MB. of RAM without reason.
Give it a try... and if you need help, I can help you whenever you want.

Regards from Argentina!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #20
apvm

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GatoSoft View Post
Hi! ^_^

I've Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on my Aspire 4520 and is running without problems at all. I've installed all the drivers I could find for Windows 7 and for those who I can't find for 7 just installed their Vista counterparts.
Everything is working smoothly and perfect, without any device conflict in Device Manager. I'm using it without any single BSOD since 23 October (when I bought and installed 7) and I never turn off my notebook so... as you see, it's working more than perfect.
Also, I've installed Acer software that came originally for Windows Vista (downloaded from support.acer.com), like Acer Launch Manager, and haven't any issue at all.
I can play games (I use to play Workd of Warcraft frequently on my notebook), browse Internet, burn CD/DVDs, watch HD movies, listen to music...
Anyway, I just wanted you to know that 64 bits version of Windows 7 can run flawlessly because maybe you're wasting a good couple of MB. of RAM without reason.
Give it a try... and if you need help, I can help you whenever you want.

Regards from Argentina!
How did you get by the Nvidia nforce system management controller driver, it won't work with 64 bit and there is driver for 32bit only? thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Acer Aspire 4520 Laptop question




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Aspire 4520 32-bit or 64-bit
hi... i have an old laptop (2006 i think).. Aspire 4520.. click for specs just want a lil bit advice... which is better? windows7 32-bit or 64-bit? i have heard certain issues about 64-bit cant support several hardware.. especially graphic card.. tq.
General Discussion
Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Hey all, I am new to this thread and hope you can help. I have done an upgrade on my Aspire 4520 from Vista to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Everything has worked well accept two problems I cannot seem to correct. 1. I can't find my "Coprocessor" Driver
Drivers
Acer aspire wireless question
hi guys, i own a Acer aspire 5315 laptop i was updating my drivers in device manager which one is my wireless drivers? i want to make sure windows installed the connect wireless driver for my laptop since i am having trouble with it some time i am sure it is should be a wireless driver from...
Network & Sharing
Drivers - Acer Aspire 4520 + Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Hi, I've got a Acer Aspire 4520 notebook, that serves me very well. just upgraded from 7 32bit to 7 64bit, all going smooth, Except my co processor and a few other bits and peices aren't installed.. im missing the chipset driver... easy you say? download install it. well i wish... Acer...
Hardware & Devices
how to install 7 on an Acer Aspire laptop?
hello i have just bought an Acer Aspire laptop with Vista and i would like to install Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit i put the dvd in drive and tried hitting f11 and f10 but it just carries on going to vista,does anyone know how i can boot from dvd please? thank you.
Installation & Setup
Acer Aspire 4520 drivers and coprocessor driver probs..
hi guys....i reinstall my laptop yesterday and suddenly in device manager show my coprocessor driver is not install yet.how can it be?my spec: Processor AMD Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-60 Windows 7 Ultimate 7201 32 Bit Can some1 help me to fix this?i try to update my driver but...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App