Installing video driver for Intel 855 Centrino Chipset  

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    windows 7
       #101

    That paramenter is not computer name :) it is whatever username you used to login.
    Hi. But i still donīt understand... sorry my ignorance...
    username lo login what?
    i don't have username...

    i made this and was ok.
    "First command you do is:

    takeown /f c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys

    This will give ownship to the current user. You should see a message saying SUCCESS , file or folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys is now possessed by user Vaio-PC\Vaio"

    The Second command i made this:

    cacls c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys /G peter:F

    and there is here that i have the error.

    i my computer i have to put icacls because cacls i think don't work

    Please, help.thanks.
    Last edited by wolfydog; 11 Oct 2009 at 06:22.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 36
    Win XP / Win 7
       #102

    wolfydog said:
    That paramenter is not computer name :) it is whatever username you used to login.
    Hi. But i still donīt understand... sorry my ignorance...
    username lo login what?
    i don't have username...

    i made this and was ok.
    "First command you do is:

    takeown /f c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys

    This will give ownship to the current user. You should see a message saying SUCCESS , file or folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys is now possessed by user Vaio-PC\Vaio"

    The Second command i made this:

    cacls c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys /G peter:F

    and there is here that i have the error.

    i my computer i have to put icacls because cacls i think don't work

    Please, help.thanks.
    OK :)

    Go to:
    Start->Control Panel->User Accounts and Family Safety->User Accounts

    What do you see on the right side?

    There is a avatar (small picture) and the first word to the right of that picture is your username.

    Try again with original command using cacls
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7
    windows 7
       #103

    lexxion said:
    wolfydog said:
    That paramenter is not computer name :) it is whatever username you used to login.
    Hi. But i still donīt understand... sorry my ignorance...
    username lo login what?
    i don't have username...

    i made this and was ok.
    "First command you do is:

    takeown /f c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys

    This will give ownship to the current user. You should see a message saying SUCCESS , file or folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys is now possessed by user Vaio-PC\Vaio"

    The Second command i made this:

    cacls c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys /G peter:F

    and there is here that i have the error.

    i my computer i have to put icacls because cacls i think don't work

    Please, help.thanks.
    OK :)

    Go to:
    Start->Control Panel->User Accounts and Family Safety->User Accounts

    What do you see on the right side?

    There is a avatar (small picture) and the first word to the right of that picture is your username.

    Try again with original command using cacls
    I do that and the name is "Vaio" (that was the name i put in instalation)
    and below "Vaio" is "Administrator"


    i made it.... yes! Thanks!! it was a thing that i donīt understand but now i can edit.

    P.S.
    I made it.... now i have my Vaio T2XP/S full Screen 1280x768

    Thanks lexxion
    Last edited by wolfydog; 11 Oct 2009 at 08:12.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 36
    Win XP / Win 7
       #104

    wolfydog said:
    lexxion said:
    wolfydog said:

    Hi. But i still donīt understand... sorry my ignorance...
    username lo login what?
    i don't have username...

    i made this and was ok.
    "First command you do is:

    takeown /f c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys

    This will give ownship to the current user. You should see a message saying SUCCESS , file or folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys is now possessed by user Vaio-PC\Vaio"

    The Second command i made this:

    cacls c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys /G peter:F

    and there is here that i have the error.

    i my computer i have to put icacls because cacls i think don't work

    Please, help.thanks.
    OK :)

    Go to:
    Start->Control Panel->User Accounts and Family Safety->User Accounts

    What do you see on the right side?

    There is a avatar (small picture) and the first word to the right of that picture is your username.

    Try again with original command using cacls
    I do that and the name is "Vaio" (that was the name i put in instalation)
    and below "Vaio" is "Administrator"


    i made it.... yes! Thanks!! it was a thing that i donīt understand but now i can edit.

    P.S.
    I made it.... now i have my Vaio T2XP/S full Screen 1280x768

    Thanks lexxion
    Good to hear that you got it working :) Windows 7 is awsome :)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7
    windows 7
       #105

    Now i have another problem.... when the pc sleeps the screen keeps black and disabled. i have to force to power off button and restart.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 36
    Win XP / Win 7
       #106

    wolfydog said:
    Now i have another problem.... when the pc sleeps the screen keeps black and disabled. i have to force to power off button and restart.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Usually when the screen goes black you can move mouse botton and it should come back. If it goes to sleep after a long time you should be able to press Power button ONCE and wait for it to come back.

    If none of these work you can change power management to never go into sleep mode etc.

    I did not have this problem. My PC goes to sleep and I bring it back by pressing power button ONCE.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 36
    Win XP / Win 7
       #107

    I did a quick test.

    My laptop on battery power running default power settings (whatever they are when you first install windows 7)

    1. After 2 minutes screen turns off
    2. After 15 minutes computer goes to sleep

    The power button is slowly blinking. I pressed power button ONCE and wait for the login screen to come back. Everything worked.

    Another test:

    1. I closed the lid and the laptop goes to sleep.

    The power button is slowly blinking again. I pressed power button ONCE and wait for the login screen to come back. Everything worked.

    I running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

    No idea why would you have this problem. Try to press power button ONCE when the laptop is in sleep and wait until it comes back to login screen.

    There are some threads on this forum about your problem. This one might help:

    Why my PC couldn't wake up from sleep?

    Use search option for this forum.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7
    windows 7
       #108

    lexxion said:
    I did a quick test.

    My laptop on battery power running default power settings (whatever they are when you first install windows 7)

    1. After 2 minutes screen turns off
    2. After 15 minutes computer goes to sleep

    The power button is slowly blinking. I pressed power button ONCE and wait for the login screen to come back. Everything worked.

    Another test:

    1. I closed the lid and the laptop goes to sleep.

    The power button is slowly blinking again. I pressed power button ONCE and wait for the login screen to come back. Everything worked.

    I running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

    No idea why would you have this problem. Try to press power button ONCE when the laptop is in sleep and wait until it comes back to login screen.

    There are some threads on this forum about your problem. This one might help:

    Why my PC couldn't wake up from sleep?

    Use search option for this forum.
    thanks, but lo luck... when i made Suspend or sleep the pc power button blinks, then i press to wake up and the pc really wakes but the laptop screen stays off. thats it. Any ideas?
    Because put pc to sleep is very nice when is unused to start fast.
    Another thing that is the battery life. I thing Windows 7 is not manage the battery life so good as Windows XP, because i have long battery life and now decreesed. Is there any Power management for Vaio VGN T2XP/S that works on Windows 7 ?

    Thanks
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 36
    Win XP / Win 7
       #109

    Few things you can try:

    1. Reinstall video drivers ( follow my procedure again ). Make sure to uninstall current drivers.
    2. Change Power setttings (Got to control panel. There should be something about power there etc)
    3. Try this app ( do not know if Windows 7 is supported )
    Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool (MST)

    I do not have a definite solution to this problem as I did not experience it.

    As to power settings there is "Power Saver" option as opposed to "Balanced". You can try to switch it and see if there is any difference.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 6
    Windows 7
       #110

    Lexxion,

    Just wanted to thank you again. You have gone above and beyond with helping people here who were suffering with Intel video chips that Windows 7 didn't like.

    -Larry
      My Computer


 
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.
Find Us