Authentec drivers that work in win 7  


  1. Posts : 16
    windows 7
       #1

    Authentec drivers that work in win 7


    i just switched from the rc to retail win 7 ult x64, and can't get my fingerprint scanner to work. i had it working just fine in the rc, but when i switched to the retail, it wouldn't recognize the reader. i finally found the proper drivers for the digitalpersona software that runs the security of the reader, but the drivers for the reader are from a company called authentec, and for some reason they don't readily have these drivers available. i managed to solve this problem for the beta and rc, but it was so long ago that i don't remember what i did. so if anyone out there has solved this problem, please let me know what you did. thanks.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 28,845
    Win 8 Release candidate 8400
       #2

    stevae said:
    i just switched from the rc to retail win 7 ult x64, and can't get my fingerprint scanner to work. i had it working just fine in the rc, but when i switched to the retail, it wouldn't recognize the reader. i finally found the proper drivers for the digitalpersona software that runs the security of the reader, but the drivers for the reader are from a company called authentec, and for some reason they don't readily have these drivers available. i managed to solve this problem for the beta and rc, but it was so long ago that i don't remember what i did. so if anyone out there has solved this problem, please let me know what you did. thanks.
    You can use the vista 64bit if you install it in compatibility mode. to do so simply right click>properties>compatibilities>vista


    Good Luck

    Ken
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 16
    windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #3

    nope! the compatibility trick didn't work. i have downloaded and installed every version of the dp software and the authentec software, but they didn't work. however, in control panel, i went into the biometric's section and activated biometric's to work, and it found the reader immediately, allowed me to register and use fingerprints. it's not as good as the dp software, as it only works to get me into windows, but doesn't work with websites, like yahoo or gmail. but at least i can use it to logon to windows. i don't understand why authentec is working with windows, but not with dp, even though i specifically dl'd drivers for win 7 x64? really pisses me off.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,705
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #4

    Without knowing the basics - System Specs, it's hard to offer any kind of help.
      My Computer

  5.    #5

    In order to get your fingerprint reader to work, you have to install the driver and the software for it before doing any updates from Microsoft. I've tried every other method, including compatibility mode without success.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 23
    win 7
       #6

    Hey,

    You could try this article which I found useful during setup: Enable Logon Using Biometric Fingerprint Reader in Windows 7 x86 & x64

    Hope it helps,
    Mike


    zigzag3143 said:
    stevae said:
    i just switched from the rc to retail win 7 ult x64, and can't get my fingerprint scanner to work. i had it working just fine in the rc, but when i switched to the retail, it wouldn't recognize the reader. i finally found the proper drivers for the digitalpersona software that runs the security of the reader, but the drivers for the reader are from a company called authentec, and for some reason they don't readily have these drivers available. i managed to solve this problem for the beta and rc, but it was so long ago that i don't remember what i did. so if anyone out there has solved this problem, please let me know what you did. thanks.
    You can use the vista 64bit if you install it in compatibility mode. to do so simply right click>properties>compatibilities>vista


    Good Luck

    Ken
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1
    w 7
       #7

    in win 7


    stevae said:
    nope! the compatibility trick didn't work. i have downloaded and installed every version of the dp software and the authentec software, but they didn't work. however, in control panel, i went into the biometric's section and activated biometric's to work, and it found the reader immediately, allowed me to register and use fingerprints. it's not as good as the dp software, as it only works to get me into windows, but doesn't work with websites, like yahoo or gmail. but at least i can use it to logon to windows. i don't understand why authentec is working with windows, but not with dp, even though i specifically dl'd drivers for win 7 x64? really pisses me off.

    I have the same problem, and do this steps
    DigitalPersona, AuthenTec fingerprint and Windows 7 - HP Support Forum
    but nothing changed!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.
Find Us