Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Clean install Sony Vaio

14 Mar 2010   #11
jonkermarcel

Windows7
 
 

The base system device is Ricoh PCIe Memory Stick Host Controller. After downloading all drivers from Sony site still no luck. Found software but was not able to install it says.
Hardware ID = PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&SUBSYS_9067104D&REV_00


The Network Controller had no luck at all after getting all drivers from Sony.
Hardware ID = PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_422C&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_35


I hope this is what you need to be able to help me. Still wondering though how these two things can keep my wireless function from working.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Mar 2010   #12
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonkermarcel View Post
After downloading all drivers from Sony site still no luck. Found software but was not able to install it says.
Can I ask why you put 32bit on a system that comes with 64bit as standard? That's why the drivers from your support page wont work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #13
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonkermarcel View Post
Still wondering though how these two things can keep my wireless function from working.
Only one of them is for your wireless, the other is for your memory reader. Try intels site for your wireless driver as I suggested earlier, and then it's just a matter of finding the 32bit driver for your card reader.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Mar 2010   #14
jonkermarcel

Windows7
 
 

Can I ask why you put 32bit on a system that comes with 64bit as standard? That's why the drivers from your support page wont work.[/QUOTE]


I don't know really, I just wanted to get rid off all that VAIO stuff and knew my Ultimate was working, used it on another machine earlier. There is also a 64bit version on my bootDVD, would that be worth a try?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #15
jonkermarcel

Windows7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonkermarcel View Post
Still wondering though how these two things can keep my wireless function from working.
Only one of them is for your wireless, the other is for your memory reader. Try intels site for your wireless driver as I suggested earlier, and then it's just a matter of finding the 32bit driver for your card reader.

I can go to Intel but do not know the details of the wireless driver, how can I find the right driver here?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #16
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonkermarcel View Post
I just wanted to get rid off all that VAIO stuff and knew my Ultimate was working, used it on another machine earlier. There is also a 64bit version on my bootDVD, would that be worth a try?
That would be your best bet imo. It was built for 64bit, so I'd stick with that plus you'll be able to get all your drivers from your support page.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #17
jonkermarcel

Windows7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonkermarcel View Post
I just wanted to get rid off all that VAIO stuff and knew my Ultimate was working, used it on another machine earlier. There is also a 64bit version on my bootDVD, would that be worth a try?
That would be your best bet imo. It was built for 64bit, so I'd stick with that plus you'll be able to get all your drivers from your support page.
Nice, now the 64bit doesn't work. Have to go back to 32bit and still searching for the drivers. Sony tells me they experience more problems with wireless connectivity after windows upgrades or installs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #18
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jonkermarcel View Post
Nice, now the 64bit doesn't work.
Can you go in to a little more detail? The laptop comes with a 64bit system pre-installed, so I'm a little surprised you now can't get it to work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2010   #19
FZ21Z

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Clean install Sony Vaio




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sony Vaio Vpceh38fg after clean install WiFi adapte not being detected
Hello! I have just clean installed my Vaio after installing Ubuntu on it. But now the WiFi adapter is not being detected and I really need it to work! I have tried looking for the driver on the internet and spent many hours trying to get it to work:sleepy: If you are wondering when I look for...
Hardware & Devices
Sony Vaio wont charge battery after clean windows 7 install
Hello all, I hope someone here can help since i have searched the web far and wide for a solution but nothing seems to work. Okay so i will tell you what led up to this problem: I had a friend with an Sony Vaio SVF15A1C5E who from when he bought it had windows 8.1 installed. So he came to...
Drivers
HELP Windows 7 clean install on Sony Vaio laptop w/o recovery discs
I hope this is the correct Forum subsection to post this. So I made a mistake while taking on a friend's problematic sony vaio laptop. They were wanting to install a newly purchased Kaspersky av, but after uninstalling the old version of Kaspersky there was a problem with an unresponsive usb...
Backup and Restore
Clean Install on my Sony VAIO Laptop
I noted earlier that gregrocker mentioned tech savy members tend to do clean installs of their systems. I am having some difficulty doing a clean install of my Sony VAIO due to a backlit keyboard issue and was wondering if someone might be able to help. I tried to do a clean install when I...
Installation & Setup
I need to install windows 7 on SOny vaio
hii all, i have windows 7 on my laptop sony vaio vpccw16fa & i heard there's no way to install windows xp on it coz this system not compatible with so i tried to install it but when i install i got death blue screen any idea?
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App