Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SO close - Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver

10 Apr 2010   #111
cypher1010110

W7
 
 

well ive read all 11 paged trying to fix my girlfriends laptop everything works but you guess it the soundcard, now there was another poster with IDENTICAL IDs and the driver you suggested did not work, but just in case i skipped a number

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30AE103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30AE103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_0401

now ive tried everything please help thank you millions in advance

Edit : Screw it, bought a external USB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Apr 2010   #112
Derkein

xp vista win7
 
 

Rockwell/Conexant Waikiki High Definition Audio Device


did the toshiba driver not work then? On what machine/version of win7

It has now worked on 5 different laptops (only 2 toshiba's) with similar chips for me, and a reply shows it worked on another hp with win 7 64.

I believe there is a 64bit vista driver on the toshiba site, although I see little reason for, and many against, installing the 64 bit win7 without very good reason.

The Toshiba site sourced inf file can be edited to make the install run on other units. From the Tosh inf file:

[Conexant]
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Waikiki5047.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Apr 2010   #113
baarod

El Capitan / Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Derkein View Post
Rockwell/Conexant Waikiki High Definition Audio Device


did the toshiba driver not work then? On what machine/version of win7

It has now worked on 5 different laptops (only 2 toshiba's) with similar chips for me, and a reply shows it worked on another hp with win 7 64.

I believe there is a 64bit vista driver on the toshiba site, although I see little reason for, and many against, installing the 64 bit win7 without very good reason.

The Toshiba site sourced inf file can be edited to make the install run on other units. From the Tosh inf file:

[Conexant]
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Waikiki5047.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31
It's not HD audio and such is not on the HDAUDIO bus. It's AC97 so it's on the PCI bus.

Have you tried this one?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/561353/Conex...234fa6b5b5.cab
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2010   #114
Derkein

xp vista win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Derkein View Post
Rockwell/Conexant Waikiki High Definition Audio Device


did the toshiba driver not work then? On what machine/version of win7

It has now worked on 5 different laptops (only 2 toshiba's) with similar chips for me, and a reply shows it worked on another hp with win 7 64.

I believe there is a 64bit vista driver on the toshiba site, although I see little reason for, and many against, installing the 64 bit win7 without very good reason.

The Toshiba site sourced inf file can be edited to make the install run on other units. From the Tosh inf file:

[Conexant]
%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Waikiki5047.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModel,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31
It's not HD audio and such is not on the HDAUDIO bus. It's AC97 so it's on the PCI bus.

Have you tried this one?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/561353/Conex...234fa6b5b5.cab

My initial one was reported by win7 as ac97 audio device.
Since that resolution I just use the driver i listed if chpset is the rockwell/conexant variants. Only tried them on laptops so far.

The hdaudio drivers extended capabilities appear to cause some of the issues with no sound despite the driver appearing to work :

Plug and Play Guidelines for High Definition Audio Devices
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2010   #115
iwantone

Windows 7
 
 

PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&SUBSYS_13711274&REV_08
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&SUBSYS_13711274
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&CC_0401

I have gone through this thread several times but still no luck trying all of the drivers posted.
I have installed the latest Realtek AC'97 and the Realtek HD drivers, the Contexant SP35558 driver and still nothing.
The device manager shows a code 10 (This device cannot start) for both the Contexant and Realtek HD drivers.

Please let me know what else I should try, any help would be greatly appreciated!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 May 2010   #116
ourgangmn

Win7
 
 

Well, after initial success with Win7 64-bit I have given up. Eventually I was able to get sound using the Toshiba driver listed in this thread, but while attempting to install it, sometimes I got the same code 10 message and other times the install went through.....My frustration was the video driver for Radeon X600 Mobility. Every solution I found ultimately failed. Some worked for awhile and then quit working. So HP has made sure I can't successfully upgrade my ZD8000 to Win 7 64-bit. It looked promising for a few days....then reality took over.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #117
iwantone

Windows 7
 
 

I ran DriverMax to have it look for the unknown drivers on my computer and it found that I needed the Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver (which is correct). But it told me to download the VMware VMaudio 5.10.0.3506 driver which is a 94% match with my system. The little speaker icon at the bottom right corner of my screen says that the sound is all working correctly. But it isnt. It does not play any sound.

Is the VMaudio driver correct? What do i need to do to get it to play sound?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2010   #118
baarod

El Capitan / Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
I ran DriverMax to have it look for the unknown drivers on my computer and it found that I needed the Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver (which is correct). But it told me to download the VMware VMaudio 5.10.0.3506 driver which is a 94% match with my system. The little speaker icon at the bottom right corner of my screen says that the sound is all working correctly. But it isnt. It does not play any sound.

Is the VMaudio driver correct? What do i need to do to get it to play sound?
Drivermax is not perfect. Use Microsoft Update Catalog and enter your PnP ID.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2010   #119
baarod

El Capitan / Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&SUBSYS_13711274&REV_08
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&SUBSYS_13711274
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&CC_0401

I have gone through this thread several times but still no luck trying all of the drivers posted.
I have installed the latest Realtek AC'97 and the Realtek HD drivers, the Contexant SP35558 driver and still nothing.
The device manager shows a code 10 (This device cannot start) for both the Contexant and Realtek HD drivers.

Please let me know what else I should try, any help would be greatly appreciated!
This is the correct driver for the Ensoniq nee Creative AudioPCI 1371. I used to develop software for this card! Microsoft Update Catalog
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2010   #120
baarod

El Capitan / Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cypher1010110 View Post
well ive read all 11 paged trying to fix my girlfriends laptop everything works but you guess it the soundcard, now there was another poster with IDENTICAL IDs and the driver you suggested did not work, but just in case i skipped a number

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30AE103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_30AE103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_0401

now ive tried everything please help thank you millions in advance

Edit : Screw it, bought a external USB
Just in case you still need the driver Microsoft Update Catalog
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SO close - Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Conexant ac-link audio drivers for WIN 7 32bit not working
Hi. I upgraded my OS to Win 7 on a Toshiba L25-S121. Everithing works perfect excep for the audio. Tried installing oem XP drivers in Compatibility mode and worked once. After restarting the PC the red cross at the speaker icon came back and the "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" was displayed...
Drivers
Conexant AC-Link Audio Drivers
Hey folks, I've been looking for the driver that's compatible with Windows 7 for this integrated sound, and I can't seem to find it. I've included the Hardware ID below. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Drivers
Conexant audio Driver for lenovo G530
Hi all;) After format to vista i installed win7 to my laptop. vista used Conexant audio Driver which i can not find for win7 that match G530, and meanwhile i use microsoft audio driver which does not fit 100% I wrote in lenovo about it but no good-you can read my problem summarized here : Re:...
Drivers
conexant ac-link audio for window 7
Hello,I reinstall my window 7 ultimate, but after installing sound was lost. After uninstalling I tried to update the driver from the device manager but it still not working. but the driver is already in my PC the driver manufacturer is conexant the driver version is 6.14.10.597 my pc is...
Drivers
Issue with Conexant Audio driver
Hi all, I'm experiencing some issues with my Conexant audio driver and I'm hoping someone could help me out. I have a Toshiba P100-437 laptop and for some reason my audio stops working after a couple of reboots. So here is the scenario: I install a fresh copy of Win7. It installs a "High...
Drivers
x64 audio driver for an HP zd8000 with conexant ac97
Hi, I am new to the forum so please bear with me. I have a HP zd8000 laptop with Conexant ac97 audio does anyone know where are how I can find a driver that will work. HELP !!!!!!!!
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App