Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HP ProtectSmart

10 Nov 2009   #21
RWOne

vista x64
 
 

Issue solved, of course:

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv7-1240us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

They have released a win 7 compatible version on the site.

Havent tried it yet, but ...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Nov 2009   #22
nab

Windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RWOne View Post
Issue solved, of course:

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv7-1240us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

They have released a win 7 compatible version on the site.

Havent tried it yet, but ...


the one that marc25v suggested is also win7 compatible

( HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv5-1157ca Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English) )

and as already told its not working
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2009   #23
xgujuplaya

Windows 7 Pro x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nab View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RWOne View Post
Issue solved, of course:

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv7-1240us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

They have released a win 7 compatible version on the site.

Havent tried it yet, but ...


the one that marc25v suggested is also win7 compatible

( HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv5-1157ca Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English) )

and as already told its not working
hey upgrade the bios

WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with Intel Processors) HP Pavilion dv5t-1200se CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

and then install hp protectsmart it worked for me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Nov 2009   #24
nab

Windows 7 Ultimate X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xgujuplaya View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nab View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RWOne View Post
Issue solved, of course:

HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv7-1240us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

They have released a win 7 compatible version on the site.

Havent tried it yet, but ...


the one that marc25v suggested is also win7 compatible

( HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv5-1157ca Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English) )

and as already told its not working
hey upgrade the bios

WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with Intel Processors) HP Pavilion dv5t-1200se CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

and then install hp protectsmart it worked for me
Bingo!! yay!! its working now! upgraded the bios and then installed HP 3d Drive Guard...thanks xgujuplaya!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #25
xgujuplaya

Windows 7 Pro x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nab View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xgujuplaya View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nab View Post



the one that marc25v suggested is also win7 compatible

( HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection HP Pavilion dv5-1157ca Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English) )

and as already told its not working
hey upgrade the bios

WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with Intel Processors) HP Pavilion dv5t-1200se CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

and then install hp protectsmart it worked for me
Bingo!! yay!! its working now! upgraded the bios and then installed HP 3d Drive Guard...thanks xgujuplaya!!
no prob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HP ProtectSmart




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Disabling Hp ProtectSmart Harddrive :(
okay so i play alot of music from my laptop, and everytime i close the lid my music stops and starts and plays for a bit and then stops and starts again, it happens all the time, i read in another forum that its because of the HP PROTECTSMART harddrive that helps ur drive from breaking from too...
General Discussion
HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection Software Necessary?
Hi, I'm about to clean re-install my laptop and am currently getting all the drivers for it again. Now I am curious about one thing. I have this HDD ST9500420AS Momentus 7200.4 SATA 3Gb/s 500-GB Hard Drive | Seagate and according to HP, my laptop Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:56.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App