Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Zotac h55 bios update help!

03 Jul 2010   #1
mkohman

Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT
 
 
Zotac h55 bios update help!

Hello,

Does anyone on this forum own a Zotac H55 WIFI ITX motherboard and actually know how to update the bios?

I have been looking how to update to latest version and have no luck in finding a guid or turotial.. please can someone assist..

Many Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jul 2010   #2
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

hi mkohman, here is a link to an article with settings for your bios Zotac H55-ITX WiFi: Fully-Functional LGA1156 Mainboard in Mini-ITX Form-Factor (page 4) - X-bit labs hereis the link to the bios with update utility ZOTAC - It's time to play! - Document Details | ZOTAC H55 - ITX BIOS and Update utility and finally a guide to the correct flash procedure H55-ITX Bios fails after Update - Z-SPOT - It's Time to Play - ZOTAC
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #3
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

See this page. Make sure that's the mobo you have.

ZOTAC H55ITX-A-E LGA 1156 Mini ITX WiFi Intel Motherboard

Scroll down the page, in the "Downloads" section there is a bios and update utility available. That contains complete instructions on how to update the bios.

And no, I dont own a Zotac mobo.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jul 2010   #4
mkohman

Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT
 
 

Thanks for your help guys.. the only reason for wanting to update the bios is that I thought it may fix the issue I am having on my other thread.. Please check my other thread maybe you guys can assist.. many thanks:

Onkyo 608 HDMI sound issue, help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #5
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Thanks for your help guys.. the only reason for wanting to update the bios is that I thought it may fix the issue I am having on my other thread.. Please check my other thread maybe you guys can assist.. many thanks:

Onkyo 608 HDMI sound issue, help!
mkohman, the forum member you need to speak to is not available at present i will PM him to see if he is able to help you , please be patient your post will be answered
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #6
mkohman

Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Thanks for your help guys.. the only reason for wanting to update the bios is that I thought it may fix the issue I am having on my other thread.. Please check my other thread maybe you guys can assist.. many thanks:

Onkyo 608 HDMI sound issue, help!
mkohman, the forum member you need to speak to is not available at present i will PM him to see if he is able to help you , please be patient your post will be answered
I would really appreciate this .. I would really like to get my sound to work via hdmi. it is absolutely fine with the optical but when I use the hdmi for video and audio without the optical the amp keeps on cutting out the sound.. and it comes back and cuts out again..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #7
mkohman

Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT
 
 

Hey All,

Tried flashing this motherboard with the latest bios version on the Zotac website and unfortunately brick the board.. I did nothing wrong ..followed the guide and used AFUWIN and all the settings were correct.. Unfortunately the bios did not recover..

I contact Zotac support today they agreed to send me out a new BIOS chip so I can change with the one I alrady have on the motherboard.. I have never really changed a Bios chip before but the tech support guy said it is easy.. no soldering required just pull the old chip out and slot the new one in..is it really that easy?

Has anyone get experience with the motherboard? Will this actually solve the bad bios and they say that the new bios chip will have the latest bios..

All I had to do is provide them with the MAC number which was on the Lan connection on the board.. They are posting today..

Any thoughts?

Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #8
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Hey All,

Tried flashing this motherboard with the latest bios version on the Zotac website and unfortunately brick the board.. I did nothing wrong ..followed the guide and used AFUWIN and all the settings were correct.. Unfortunately the bios did not recover..

I contact Zotac support today they agreed to send me out a new BIOS chip so I can change with the one I alrady have on the motherboard.. I have never really changed a Bios chip before but the tech support guy said it is easy.. no soldering required just pull the old chip out and slot the new one in..is it really that easy?

Has anyone get experience with the motherboard? Will this actually solve the bad bios and they say that the new bios chip will have the latest bios..

All I had to do is provide them with the MAC number which was on the Lan connection on the board.. They are posting today..

Any thoughts?

Thank you
hi mkohman , just ensure you put the new bios in evenly and dont bend any of the legs ,check and double check it is seated firmly and securely and all the legs are were they should be
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #9
mkohman

Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT
 
 

Thanks for the advice guys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #10
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
Thanks for the advice guys
you're welcome , how did you get on? did you install the new bios chip?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Zotac h55 bios update help!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Has anyone used Zotac Graphics Card?
Hey Everyone, I need some advise am building my new rig soon I have all the parts sorted but am still missing a Graphics Card. I am down to picking two I could go with Zotac GTX 780 Ti Or EVGA GTX Titan Black. (Does are the only two I can choose) I myself have never used a Zotac card before...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.
Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me...
Graphic Cards
Zotac GTS 450 or HD 6670 ddr5
CPU = core 2 duo E7500 @2.93 GHz Motherboard = DG31PR RAM = 4GB DDR2 Monitor = hcl. 1366x768 resolution. SMPS = local made. 300Watt (getting a new Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU ) I m a casual gamer. I need a descent fps while gaming :) Also suggets any other graphic card. Budget 6k...
Graphic Cards
Sli Zotac gtx 560 amp?
Hi new here I was wondering if someone can answer my question. What graphics cards can I sli with my zotac gtx 560 amp can I pick any nvidia series card or not? Thanks
Graphic Cards
Just used @BIOS to update my BIOS, it failed at 50%
Now I don't want to shut down or restart my computer because I fear it won't boot up. This is awful. Is there anything I can do to restore my BIOS whilst my computer still works? :(
Drivers
Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM?
Hi Guys, I have a REAL newbie question. I’ve tried reading a bunch of tutorials, but they’re a little over my head. I think my question is pretty basic, but after a couple hours research, hopefully someone here would be kind enough to help. I have an M2A-VM motherboard and my system keeps...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App