Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Unknown device drivers

23 Jul 2010   #1
Willowhoop

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
 
 
Unknown device drivers

Title is a little misleading, my apologies.
There is indeed one unknown device, its unknown to me. And a little googling didn't help me uncover the mystery.
The second issue with a driver is probably going to be simple for someone else, but searching through the website has only served to confuse me. I can't find the books to give any more information than what I provide. (Screen shot below) The devise is a power box come surge protector. I could take a picture if necessary. I have a disc but the drivers wont load into Windows 7.
I'm not savvy with computer talk so please forgive a girl for being vague, if I am at all. You can throw the book at me or hit me with a wet noodle if necessary
But thanks for any help




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Jul 2010   #2
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Have you tried downloading drivers from the manufactures sites?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #3
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willowhoop View Post
Title is a little misleading, my apologies.
There is indeed one unknown device, its unknown to me. And a little googling didn't help me uncover the mystery.
The second issue with a driver is probably going to be simple for someone else, but searching through the website has only served to confuse me. I can't find the books to give any more information than what I provide. (Screen shot below) The devise is a power box come surge protector. I could take a picture if necessary. I have a disc but the drivers wont load into Windows 7.
I'm not savvy with computer talk so please forgive a girl for being vague, if I am at all. You can throw the book at me or hit me with a wet noodle if necessary
But thanks for any help

See if this helps you out, use the method in step two,

Driver Install - Device Manager

Or this one for the one you have the disk for,

Compatibility Mode

We're all out of wet noodles so if you could give us the name and model number

of that power supply, we could help with that driver, if the method in the tutorial

above doesn't find it for you.


Marvell driver, Marvell drivers

Is this your UPS?

Eaton 5110 UPS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jul 2010   #4
Willowhoop

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
 
 

Awesome, you have managed to put me in the right direction for my UPS drivers.
I have d'loaded them and all is good. Thank you. This screen shot is the one I have.


Now on to the others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #5
Willowhoop

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
 
 

Am I looking in the right place for the Marvell drivers please? If so is this the one I need to d'load Version 1.0.00.1036 (MRU 4.1.0.1700)

My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #6
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Glad to hear it, about the other ones, have you tried right clicking on them in device manager then update driver?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #7
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Marvell drivers
Check these out and select the one for your system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #8
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willowhoop View Post
Am I looking in the right place for the Marvell drivers please? If so is this the one I need to d'load Version 1.0.00.1036 (MRU 4.1.0.1700)

Before you do that, what do you get if you rt. click, update driver in device manager?

If that does not find it, I would go with the one you have listed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #9
Willowhoop

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1 Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Glad to hear it, about the other ones, have you tried right clicking on them in device manager then update driver?
Yes I have and message said windows cannot find driver. That was for all of them too. I've been trying to work out which hardware these things are, except for the Powerware UPS. I'm a beginner with computers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #10
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willowhoop View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Glad to hear it, about the other ones, have you tried right clicking on them in device manager then update driver?
Yes I have and message said windows cannot find driver. That was for all of them too. I've been trying to work out which hardware these things are, except for the Powerware UPS. I'm a beginner with computers.
Do you have any problems with anything on your computer? The reason I ask is

some of the same things listed here Windows 7 and missing drivers - Windows

Apply to you as well. you may want to have a look, since it means flashing your

BIOS, if you don't have any problems then you may want to let it be for now.

The marvell driver is a RAID driver, do you have a RAID setup with your hard drives?

This is the page for the MoBo in your specs, GA-P55A-UD3R (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE

but with your statement I highlighted above I would strongly suggest you make

sure there is a problem before going any further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Unknown device drivers




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Unknown device in device manager after Bios default settings are
applied. Sorry that last word didn't get in the subject line. So: http://i.imgur.com/QoSy2wX.png These two values are: USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000&REV_0200 USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000
Drivers
Two unknown drivers are in Device Manager
Machine is an HP Compaq dc7800p Convertible Minitower Serial Number: CZC8473P94 Product Number: FU291ES Windows 7 -64bits In device manager under "Other Deives" there is a yellow ? mark by "PCI Serial port" and PCI simple Communications Controller The Details tab of PCI Serial Port"...
Drivers
Panasonic Toughbook CF-W8 Unknown Device Drivers
Hi, I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit on a Panasonic Toughbook model CF-W8 and not able to determine what two different devices are listed as "Unknown Device" in device manager Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated Thank you!
Drivers
Unknown Device in Device Manager/Show Hidden Devices
I have a Toshiba laptop, model L505-ES5018. I had Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit installed on here, but decided to reformat my hard drive using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. After the reformat was finished, I ran Windows Update and it found several items to download and install for me. I noticed...
Drivers
base system device, video controller and unknown device missing
hie i have just installed window 7 and this devices are missing, any help will be very much appreciated. base system device device id PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10&PEV_00 PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&SUBSYS_117C10CF PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_088000 PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7110&CC_0880 UNKNOWN...
Drivers
Device Manager reports Unknown Device & explorer crash
How do i figure out what driver or even component windows wants software for when in the device manager under other devices it lists an unknown device and windows update cannot find anything. Oh and is it appropriate for me to use this topic to ask another question regarding explorer.exe as...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App