Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How hot should GPU get

06 Aug 2010   #11
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Heat is the major player in degradation. Not only for GPUS, but all major hardware.

75-80 is about the highest you want you card to get.

Cards with better cooling solutions can run somewhat cooler in the mid 60s at full load. Maybe pushing closer to 70C under certain situations.

None-the-less .. anything over 80C is in the red zone and would certainly warrant a rememdy to cool it down better.

90C+ Temps is just slowly killing the card.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Aug 2010   #12
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Heat is the major player in degradation. Not only for GPUS, but all major hardware.

75-80 is about the highest you want you card to get.

Cards with better cooling solutions can run somewhat cooler in the mid 60s at full load. Maybe pushing closer to 70C under certain situations.

None-the-less .. anything over 80C is in the red zone and would certainly warrant a rememdy to cool it down better.

90C+ Temps is just slowly killing the card.
well its ati tho said that this cars will get that high without any problems.

(also it did start getting that high out of the box so)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2010   #13
drewpul

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Signature Edition
 
 

My laptop is a Nvdia chip and am disappointed with it's quality. My ati on my other laptop is better. I can't tell how hot the ati gets because there is not a temp sensor that I can see. The fan runs less anyway.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Heat is the major player in degradation. Not only for GPUS, but all major hardware.

75-80 is about the highest you want you card to get.

Cards with better cooling solutions can run somewhat cooler in the mid 60s at full load. Maybe pushing closer to 70C under certain situations.

None-the-less .. anything over 80C is in the red zone and would certainly warrant a rememdy to cool it down better.

90C+ Temps is just slowly killing the card.
well its ati tho said that this cars will get that high without any problems.

(also it did start getting that high out of the box so)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Aug 2010   #14
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2010   #15
kodi

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Where are you getting this reading from?
The bios will give you a more accurate reading
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2010   #16
drewpul

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kodi View Post
Where are you getting this reading from?
The bios will give you a more accurate reading
I found the temp reading from this software called SIW:
SIW | System Information for Windows by Gabriel Topala
It has access to windows information and hardware sensors.

I don't think my BIOS shows temp. Where would it be located?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2010   #17
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

usually in a section called 'System Health"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2010   #18
drewpul

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Signature Edition
 
 

I don't have that in my BIOS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How hot should GPU get




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App