Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Discuss Fallout: New Vegas

04 Nov 2010   #111
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I did that quest. Waited outside for him, saw him go into the tower, went in and killed him. Went to Colonel Hsu, and by the time I got to the monorail it took off and blew up. Didn't know it was considered a bug though.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Nov 2010   #112
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
I did that quest. Waited outside for him, saw him go into the tower, went in and killed him. Went to Colonel Hsu, and by the time I got to the monorail it took off and blew up. Didn't know it was considered a bug though.


Yes that is the bug. You can save the rail, it's not supposed to happen like that. And it's also been reported that even if you get on the train and defuse the bomb,
the train still takes off and blows up

The glitch is also discussed here - I Put a Spell on You - The Vault, the Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more under important update 1, which tells you how to get around it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2010   #113
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

I don't think it's a bug, you're supposed to "overhear" the conversation, then kill the guy and immediately diffuse the bomb.

I did that, and passed it, diffusing the bomb.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Nov 2010   #114
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
I don't think it's a bug, you're supposed to "overhear" the conversation, then kill the guy and immediately diffuse the bomb.

I did that, and passed it, diffusing the bomb.
Quite a few people, me included, are having the opposite effect when killing the guy. That is you can't defuse the bomb if you kill him. You either just get to the platform to see the train take off and go boom, or you make it on the train, defuse the bomb and the train still takes off and goes boom..... That's the bug a lot of people are experiencing. Thus the workarounds in the links I provided.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2010   #115
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Im not sure I found the "I put a spell on you" bug. If I recall correctly, I need a certain skill to defuse the bomb, and my character was severly lacking to the point a magazine would not help.
It blew up after I got off the train though.




I found a annoying "infinite loop" earlier. Not sure if just me, or anyone else noticed it.




Possible Spoiler

Ill give as little info as possible in effort to avoid spoilers, but anyone who has been on the quest should know what I mean.

So Im teamed up with Veronica and helping her on her questline,
"I could make you Care"

After taking her to see the BoS, I leave and we are confronted by 3 Paladins via a forced conversation.

After the conversation should have concluded, it looped back to the beginning forcing the conversation from the start as if I just left the bunker.

Even after a restarting the game it kept re-looping to the beggining of the forced encounter.

Very annoying.

I eventually got past it, but it involved making choices I didn't really want to make.

Has anyone else taken this path and/or done this quest have the same problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2010   #116
simmo

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I have a problem early in the game. The quest you get at the start after killing geckos (rofl) at the water supply for Zander root and some w/e flower for the cook quest.
I collected the root then the flower in that order and the game crashed. I have the flower in my PBoy but not the root. Its no longer collectable and so I cant complete the quest.
Anyone know a workaround because if this game is the same as the original then thats no garantuee that the quest will work.
Fact is this game hasnt moved much since the original,similar crashes bugs etc etc. And dx9 lol..the world has moved on and Bethseda lives with the hippies still.

NM going back to a previous save worked...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2010   #117
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
I have a problem early in the game. The quest you get at the start after killing geckos (rofl) at the water supply for Zander root and some w/e flower for the cook quest.
I collected the root then the flower in that order and the game crashed. I have the flower in my PBoy but not the root. Its no longer collectable and so I cant complete the quest.
Anyone know a workaround because if this game is the same as the original then thats no garantuee that the quest will work.
Fact is this game hasnt moved much since the original,similar crashes bugs etc etc. And dx9 lol..the world has moved on and Bethseda lives with the hippies still.

NM going back to a previous save worked...

But what do you have against hippies?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2010   #118
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post


But what do you have against hippies?
They like, cling to DX9 man. Progress is like working for The Man, man.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2010   #119
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post


But what do you have against hippies?
They like, cling to DX9 man. Progress is like working for The Man, man.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2010   #120
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post


But what do you have against hippies?
They like, cling to DX9 man. Progress is like working for The Man, man.
That's righteous man.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Discuss Fallout: New Vegas




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
fallout new vegas
ok im having a problem with this when i try to put some mods on fallout new vegas it comes up with this http://i42.tinypic.com/qnk4eh.png i tryed to put the mod onto the data but it does not work plus i boaught the game using steam so that might be the problem idk
Gaming
fallout new vegas resolution
hey there, yesterday i got a new screen, a 21,5 inch LED screen. since then i've got a problem with the resolution in fallout: new vegas. the game is not in 1920x1080 as i want it to play in and i cant seem to find an option to make it like that hope you guys know something to fix it ...
Gaming
Fallout New Vegas Crash :mad:
Ok, I gave up on Fallout 3 and got Fallout New Vegas. But something is still wrong. When I try to get out of a casino in New Vegas I go to the door and press "E" to leave but then when I press "E" it Freezes but the audio keeps going. If I go to the door and just stand there nothing happens, but...
Gaming
Fallout New Vegas (Pre-Orders)
So, I'm confused about this pre-order. I went to Gamestop yesterday to place my pre-order. My intentions were to pre-order the Colloctors Edition of the game itself as well as the hard cover CE Strategy Guide. (would go nicely with the CE Boxed game I think :) ) Here is my confusion.
Gaming
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: New Vegas for PC - GameSpot I'm so looking forward to this :) I allready know that this will be my game of the year ;) Maybe together with FFXIV Online :) http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/123/959557_20100504_640screen002.jpg...
Gaming
Fallout: New Vegas will use Steam for DRM
more..
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App