Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Discuss Fallout: New Vegas

13 Nov 2010   #161
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Been reading its quite demanding so curious how the 4890s will handle it
It will make them cry

It even made my 5970 weep. On the plus side, it still looks good on lower settings.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tepid View Post
Ok, I have to ask, is New Vegas, really that bad?
Are there others who are playing it without issues?
No and no.

The longer you play, the more you notice the bugs and they can be bloody annoying - but it's definitely still playable.

77hrs in and I've only just entered the Strip... There's fun to be had.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Nov 2010   #162
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Been reading its quite demanding so curious how the 4890s will handle it
It will make them cry

It even made my 5970 weep. On the plus side, it still looks good on lower settings.
So far I've had no issues with my 4890, though I'm running the game with defaut settings at 1680 x 1050

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tepid View Post
Ok, I have to ask, is New Vegas, really that bad?
Are there others who are playing it without issues?
No and no.

The longer you play, the more you notice the bugs and they can be bloody annoying - but it's definitely still playable.

77hrs in and I've only just entered the Strip... There's fun to be had.
There seems to be more bug issues as opposed to performance issues. That's really my main complaint, well outside out the fact that the game just feels like a giant expansion to fallout 3.

Anyway the only "performance" issue I continue to have is microstuttering out in the open, that's mainly it. Well, I did have a few crashes to the desktop

The bugs on the other hand are the ones that can get annoying as stated smarteyeball and a few others, me included.

Bethesda has released two patches already, and I'm quite confident they'll release more.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
77hrs in and I've only just entered the Strip... There's fun to be had.
Yeah I've got all the requirements to get into the strip, but right now I'm finishing off like 8 side quests

Talk about being distracted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2010   #163
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by edgaras View Post
I'm having a problem running Fallout New Vegas. When I run it after few secs I get notification that Fallout is not responding and then it closes.
Make sure your drivers are up to date, especially the video card.

Also have a look at this... Tips on Troubleshooting Game Issues especially the part about DirectX - step# 5
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Nov 2010   #164
simmo

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I like the game...BUT I hate the random NV has stopped working bloody bs...happens everytime I havent saved for a while...
Theres some nice mods around for it tho...got a few installed now...heat vision for seeing targets at night which is handy if you have the make night really really dark mod installed...the modders as per the original game will make this eventually what Bethseda should have made in the first place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2010   #165
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Has anybody figured out the rhyme or reason behind finding the correct computer password when hacking? In Fallout 3 it was simple... a string of letters together. In New Vegas, well.... Here's an example of what I'm talking about.....

Contained - 5/9
Continued - 3/9
Convinced - 2/9
Doctrines - Correct (9/9)

In FO3, Con or ed would be a clue... 3 of whatever (con), or 2 of whatever (ed), cont would have been 4 of whatever.

In the above example this doesn't hold true, and as you see, the correct answer is Doctrines

Yes Doctrines does contain most of the letters from the 3 clues, however there's no rhythm as all three clues has CON, and two has CONT - yet only one states 5/9 letters are correct.... even though Continued and Contained has a continuous string of 4 letters.

In short, in FO3 the clues worked on a continious string of letters, in NV, it doesn't. This can get annoying if you get one of those puzzles that don't let you kick out a lot of duds
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2010   #166
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Has anybody figured out the rhyme or reason behind finding the correct computer password when hacking? In Fallout 3 it was simple... a string of letters together. In New Vegas, well.... Here's an example of what I'm talking about.....

Contained - 5/9
Continued - 3/9
Convinced - 2/9
Doctrines - Correct (9/9)

In FO3, Con or ed would be a clue... 3 of whatever (con), or 2 of whatever (ed), cont would have been 4 of whatever.

In the above example this doesn't hold true, and as you see, the correct answer is Doctrines

Yes Doctrines does contain most of the letters from the 3 clues, however there's no rhythm as all three clues has CON, and two has CONT - yet only one states 5/9 letters are correct.... even though Continued and Contained has a continuous string of 4 letters.

In short, in FO3 the clues worked on a continious string of letters, in NV, it doesn't. This can get annoying if you get one of those puzzles that don't let you kick out a lot of duds
Umm .... no. This was one of my complaints as well.

I ended up just guessing randomly. It didnt seem to work the same way, at least to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2010   #167
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

I ended up just guessing randomly.
Same here. Three attempts, log out before it gets locked, try again. And again. And again...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2010   #168
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

I ended up just guessing randomly.
Same here. Three attempts, log out before it gets locked, try again. And again. And again...
Yeah, it was much better in Fallout 3, at least you had a pattern; here the technique is to save and keep guessing.... you'll get it eventually, however time consuming
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2010   #169
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

i don't see what the trouble is - you can use logical deduction to crack these passwords - i get them every time, even the difficult ones, without resorting to guesswork. (okay the first attempt is random, but i deduce from there on...)

did you never play mastermind when you were young?



was it any different in fallout 3? i don't think so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2010   #170
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Sorry, but my super duper uber master decoder of guesswork is broken. I'll just borrow yours when I need to crake the code.

Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Discuss Fallout: New Vegas




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
fallout new vegas
ok im having a problem with this when i try to put some mods on fallout new vegas it comes up with this http://i42.tinypic.com/qnk4eh.png i tryed to put the mod onto the data but it does not work plus i boaught the game using steam so that might be the problem idk
Gaming
fallout new vegas resolution
hey there, yesterday i got a new screen, a 21,5 inch LED screen. since then i've got a problem with the resolution in fallout: new vegas. the game is not in 1920x1080 as i want it to play in and i cant seem to find an option to make it like that hope you guys know something to fix it ...
Gaming
Fallout New Vegas Crash :mad:
Ok, I gave up on Fallout 3 and got Fallout New Vegas. But something is still wrong. When I try to get out of a casino in New Vegas I go to the door and press "E" to leave but then when I press "E" it Freezes but the audio keeps going. If I go to the door and just stand there nothing happens, but...
Gaming
Fallout New Vegas (Pre-Orders)
So, I'm confused about this pre-order. I went to Gamestop yesterday to place my pre-order. My intentions were to pre-order the Colloctors Edition of the game itself as well as the hard cover CE Strategy Guide. (would go nicely with the CE Boxed game I think :) ) Here is my confusion.
Gaming
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: New Vegas for PC - GameSpot I'm so looking forward to this :) I allready know that this will be my game of the year ;) Maybe together with FFXIV Online :) http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2010/123/959557_20100504_640screen002.jpg...
Gaming
Fallout: New Vegas will use Steam for DRM
more..
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App