Team Fortress 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 21
    Windows 7 Build 6936 64bit
       #11

    KRONie said:
    Great forums u guys have here

    I got this problem with my TF2. After i installed WIn7 (about a week ago), i was running TF2 @ 60fps in battles on all high. Now i barely get 15 fps on 32 slot server on respawn. and around 9 fps on 2fort battlements. The funny thing is, doesnt matter what settings i set, i still get same framerates... I don't really feel like reinstalling windows every week, so do any of you any idea on how to fix it?

    my rig: Pentium 4 @ 3.0 GHz
    2GB DDR2 @ 600MHz
    x1950xt 256 mb @ 1280*1024 LCD

    as i said, i'm getting smooth framerates after fresh install. also i can play COD4 on 64 slot server on med\high settings with fluid FPS(tested on vista).
    About Call of Duty 4, no problems with punkbuster anymore?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 53
    Windows 7 7100
       #12

    there are problems with punkbuster. that's why i wrote )Tested on vista). Cuz there's not many populated non-punkbuster servers out there.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 21
    Windows 7 Build 6936 64bit
       #13

    KRONie said:
    there are problems with punkbuster. that's why i wrote )Tested on vista). Cuz there's not many populated non-punkbuster servers out there.
    Oops, must have missed that

    Guess I'll stay playing COD5 :)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,289
       #14

    KRONie said:
    there are problems with punkbuster. that's why i wrote )Tested on vista). Cuz there's not many populated non-punkbuster servers out there.
    Not surprised it doesn't work, they use a bunch of different system Hooks to monitor your system during Game play and their all not good programming techniques especially since Microsoft has told them they will remove some of the hooks they use with Vista and 7 since they where deprecated years ago.

    It will probably bea few months after 7 gets RTM that they release a compatible version

    Personally, I stay far away from online Games using Punkbuster, It causes too many issues playing online
      My Computer

  5.    #15

    I'm getting some pretty horrible frames regardless of res/settings--and seeing that someone posted they used to get 60 frames in active areas is odd.

    My specs are as follows:
    8800GT 512MB.
    AMD Athlon 64 4600 x2
    2GB of ram.

    Any help?

    Usually ranges from 80 or so idle to dip all the way down to 15 in tense areas.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 30
    win7x64
       #16

    hey ahoy, i am also getting horrible framerates now. what's especially weird is that when i got a pop up over my windowed tf2, like outlook for example notifying me about a new email, the fps drop to literaly 5 fps.
    i take it it's just the beta and that some games dont work proper like tf2. i reinstalled xp to play games for now...

    edit: oh have you tried the trick with disabling aero & desktop themes while playing (modifying the exe launch options)? maybe that gives you better fps. it didnt help me though, despite the horrible net glitches.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 53
    Windows 7 7100
       #17

    dmex said:
    Not surprised it doesn't work, they use a bunch of different system Hooks to monitor your system during Game play and their all not good programming techniques especially since Microsoft has told them they will remove some of the hooks they use with Vista and 7 since they where deprecated years ago.

    It will probably bea few months after 7 gets RTM that they release a compatible version

    Personally, I stay far away from online Games using Punkbuster, It causes too many issues playing online
    Yes, punkbuster is an epic fail. it's way to paranoid. i had way to many false positives myself in cod4 and BF2...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5
    Windows 7 Beta
       #18

    Hey guys

    I used vista before trying 7 beta...and i used to get horrible lag spikes in vista playing any online games (i connect wirelessly to the internet). I tried Vista anti-lag, wlan optimizer and many many other methods...but none worked for me.
    Since i've installed 7 beta I've had NO lag and NO lag spikes
    and my fps are the same as with vista

    my rig:
    e2160 @ 3 ghz
    4 gb ram @ 800 mhz
    x1950 pro 512 mb @ 1400*900

    i'm extremly happy with 7 beta since online gaming was horrible with the lag spikes in vista
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 53
    Windows 7 7100
       #19

    joey2day said:
    my rig:
    e2160 @ 3 ghz
    4 gb ram @ 800 mhz
    x1950 pro 512 mb @ 1400*900

    i'm extremly happy with 7 beta since online gaming was horrible with the lag spikes in vista
    How many fps are you getting with that kind of rig?
    and on what settings are you playing?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 5
    Windows 7 Beta
       #20

    How many fps are you getting with that kind of rig?
    and on what settings are you playing?
    My settings are all maxed out
    the resolution is 1400*900
    AA x4 AF x8
    i get minimums of 30-35, most of the time im over the 55 fps
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:44.
Find Us