Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Discuss Dragon Age 2

03 Apr 2011   #131
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Very Nice Sygnus, thanks for putting it in perspective. I just wish the whole thing with him was more flexible, like things were in DA:O and Awakening.
Yeah but I think Anders character was intentional as he certainly is a key figure in the game. And even if you got rid of him (I didn't), he was still going to make an inpact.

Anyway I agree about having more flexability.... where? Is the question.

I'm going to replay the area where you either choose to help anders or not and see what the impact is for not helping him. My bet is he still does his thing - with or without your help.
This is true, the same thing happens whether you aid him or not. You didn't honestly think they'd have a scenario where the cinematic for the chantry wasn't used do you?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Apr 2011   #132
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Very Nice Sygnus, thanks for putting it in perspective. I just wish the whole thing with him was more flexible, like things were in DA:O and Awakening.
Yeah but I think Anders character was intentional as he certainly is a key figure in the game. And even if you got rid of him (I didn't), he was still going to make an inpact.

Anyway I agree about having more flexability.... where? Is the question.

I'm going to replay the area where you either choose to help anders or not and see what the impact is for not helping him. My bet is he still does his thing - with or without your help.
This is true, the same thing happens whether you aid him or not. You didn't honestly think they'd have a scenario where the cinematic for the chantry wasn't used do you?
Well there you go

And yeah, that would have been a wasted amount of work to let that spectacular scene go

Although it could have been some other disgruntled fugure.... remember not eveyone agreed with the Chantry.... they certainly made plenty of ememies.

At any rate Anders certainly was primed for the role so.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #133
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I Guess i misused the word "Flexibility". I was trying to say that our choices, dont change anything. Theres no "Different" endings like in DA:O, its all predetermined. Some of the reason's i love RPG's are the choices, and the impacts they have. Not just on the character, but on the environment and its residents. What if he hadn't blown up the chantry? What if the Right of Annulment had been fully executed? Taking the player on an actual witch hunt? If Bioware keeps getting away with this crap, they're gonna single handedly destroy true RPG's. Its kinda sad some people just kinda settled with the one and only ending.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Apr 2011   #134
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
I Guess i misused the word "Flexibility". I was trying to say that our choices, dont change anything. Theres no "Different" endings like in DA:O, its all predetermined. Some of the reason's i love RPG's are the choices, and the impacts they have. Not just on the character, but on the environment and its residents. What if he hadn't blown up the chantry? What if the Right of Annulment had been fully executed? Taking the player on an actual witch hunt? If Bioware keeps getting away with this crap, they're gonna single handedly destroy true RPG's. Its kinda sad some people just kinda settled with the one and only ending.
If mass effect 3 carries through properly it should have that something missing you got with this game.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #135
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Thanks for reminding me, i just got Arrival. Ill burn through it later. I still cant believe the crap Bioware is pulling, thats all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #136
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 
Spoiler material.....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
I Guess i misused the word "Flexibility". I was trying to say that our choices, dont change anything. Theres no "Different" endings like in DA:O, its all predetermined. Some of the reason's i love RPG's are the choices, and the impacts they have. Not just on the character, but on the environment and its residents. What if he hadn't blown up the chantry? What if the Right of Annulment had been fully executed? Taking the player on an actual witch hunt? If Bioware keeps getting away with this crap, they're gonna single handedly destroy true RPG's. Its kinda sad some people just kinda settled with the one and only ending.
I got what you were saying and do agree. I would add that I also agree with the rest of your post here.

I would say however that If the game developers added that type of flexibility to the game, it would have probably been longer (not a bad thing) but maybe a bit confusing and overwhelming (a bad thing).

Then you would have others saying the game was way too long and the story a bit confusing.

I don't know.... you have a valid point I suppose. I'm guessing that you didn't approve of the Chantry getting destroyed with no way to save it?

To me that was the story..... now what do you do? A forced hand.

If anything maybe that should have happened in the beginning..... Then you're forced to choose sides right up front and try to settle things from there.

On the flip side it does provide a nice lead into Dragon Age 3 so....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #137
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Thanks for reminding me, i just got Arrival. Ill burn through it later. I still cant believe the crap Bioware is pulling, thats all.
When you finish post your thoughts here - So I bought Mass Effect 2...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #138
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post

A lot of fans question Flemeth's return, but if you go back to DA:O and play that scene where Morrigan talks about killing her, you'll he her say something like she could return.
I think i remember something now sygnus21 i think she said that she's not human not even abomination or something like that if im not wrong... I think Flemeth gonna play some serious role later in next part maybe

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
I Guess i misused the word "Flexibility". I was trying to say that our choices, dont change anything. Theres no "Different" endings like in DA:O, its all predetermined. Some of the reason's i love RPG's are the choices, and the impacts they have. Not just on the character, but on the environment and its residents. What if he hadn't blown up the chantry? What if the Right of Annulment had been fully executed? Taking the player on an actual witch hunt? If Bioware keeps getting away with this crap, they're gonna single handedly destroy true RPG's. Its kinda sad some people just kinda settled with the one and only ending.
Good Points I agree.

IGN recently posted DA2 Guide and Walkthrough in which they showed how quests are connected with each other.

http://guides.ign.com/guides/80342/page_15.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #139
4eyed

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I have got to get this game.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #140
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

I think they've done up flemmeth a bit like voldemort, she has little pieces of herself left in magic talismans and stuff. So even if you kill her she isn't gone.

Plus she doesn't appear to be completely evil, just evil enough to be interesting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Discuss Dragon Age 2




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Discuss Dragon Age: Inquisition
As a huge fan of Dragon Age I can't want to get Inquisition when it launches Nov. 18th of this year. Anyway the system requirements look interesting. Check out the "recommended" specs. And as I like to say, "minimum" just means the game will start :) Source: Dragon Age: Inquisition
Gaming
Discuss: Saints Row 4
How come there haven't been (m)any discuss threads over here since I stopped coming a while back? I always love ranting about video games and the evil game publishing empire of EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Rockstar etc. So come join me in a rant about Saints Row 4! Though basically all I have to...
Gaming
Discuss: Bulletstorm
So what do you people think of this game, those who have played it. I finished it, I can't say I love it, it was "iffy" to say at best. Not a great game. The whole process of "kill with skill" didn't really turn out to be as awesome as it sounded for me.
Gaming
Let's discuss UAC here
Space for UAC discussions.
System Security
Discuss
They should totally make a movie that stitches together a bunch of lolcat pictures. Storyline: Suspicious Cat was hired by Professor LOLrus to recover the stolen B.U.K.K.E.T., the device which creates cheezeburgers, critical to the existence of society. Upon inspecting the crime scene suspicious...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App