Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Crysis 2 ... anybody got it yet?

11 Apr 2011   #141
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
I hope you have a computer build with fine dwarven craftmenship deep in the mines of middle earth and imbued with magic powers. Given it's requirements to run well at high options in dx9, I seriously doubt there is a computer in existence that will run it properly in full dx11.
I like a challenge as I think my system can do it (hopefully)

Dragon Age was DX11 after the DX11 texture pack and it ran fine for me, despite a many complaint here - DX11 known issues and drivers

Anyway I know Crysis isn't Dragon Age 2's graphics so we'll see.... provided the patch is released, and I get the game


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Apr 2011   #142
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

dragon age was nothing but dx11 textures, even my aging system and middle range graphics card handled it without problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #143
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
dragon age was nothing but dx11 textures, even my aging system and middle range graphics card handled it without problem.
Well then I'm sure my system will be able to handle Crysis 2 with it's DX11 patch without issue

BTW some people didn't fair too well those "dx11 textures" - again - DX11 known issues and drivers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2011   #144
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

One thing you have to keep in mind, very often those people are using hacked windows/drivers, or overclocking, and refuse to believe it's the source of their problems.

You actually see it here on these forums sometimes too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #145
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

I am not going to go out and shell out money for a new DX11 card but I do would love to see if there are major changes (even if its just Eye Candy) between C2 DX9 and C2 DX10.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #146
D3ST

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Freaking out everytime you're in mp might explain why you do poorly.
I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I am in the top 3rd of every game I play online and in the top 90% of several others, despite being out of practice I can still jump in at any time and do quite well.

I get this because I don't get emotional, and I think straight. Real time tactics will beat out catlike reflexes more often than not. A clear head and a bit of focus are really your best tools in online games. Not a bunch of fancy hardware or a mouse that costs 200 dollars. (I still use a old school 5 button intellimouse ...mostly because I'm left handed and I can't get a better model that works for me)

Anyhow there is almost always a way to win, sometimes you are just gonna lose though, whether by your own fault or a failure of a team.
You wanna know why potheads basically rule counter strike?
Because they just sit back chill and kind of feng shui the whole thing.
Lol, not sure if this was directed at me, but i have no problems makin a killing in MP games, 37-10/20-0/27-7 was some of my scores yesterday,
I just said that my heartrate is high when playing crysis 2 MP, becoz its so frantic and fast gameplay,

And BTW,.. i do smoke Ganja when playing games, sometimes, (SP)
but my aim and reflexes suffer, so i usally dont do it before playing MP

Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed
I hope you have a computer build with fine dwarven craftmenship deep in the mines of middle earth and imbued with magic powers. Given it's requirements to run well at high options in dx9, I seriously doubt there is a computer in existence that will run it properly in full dx11.

Lol,..Right you are, I have to run crysis 2 on medium settings, in MP, if i dont want to lag like hell,..
(can however run it fine on extreme settings in SP)
But am definetly looking forward to see how it runs in DX11
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #147
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
One thing you have to keep in mind, very often those people are using hacked windows/drivers, or overclocking, and refuse to believe it's the source of their problems.

You actually see it here on these forums sometimes too.
True.... but then there are those that are actually legitimate as well. You can't just dismiss an entire thread based on the theory that it's the end user's fault.

I hate to say this but that's like me saying because I don't have a problem there is no problem..... huh???

I myself had no issue with the texture pack but that doesn't mean there wasn't a problem for others.

And BTW my CPU is OC, though my GPU isn't.

Anyway that's the way I see it.

Later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #148
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Fair enough.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2011   #149
BugMeister

Windows10 Pro - 64Bit vs.10547
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by D3ST View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Freaking out everytime you're in mp might explain why you do poorly.
I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I am in the top 3rd of every game I play online and in the top 90% of several others, despite being out of practice I can still jump in at any time and do quite well.

I get this because I don't get emotional, and I think straight. Real time tactics will beat out catlike reflexes more often than not. A clear head and a bit of focus are really your best tools in online games. Not a bunch of fancy hardware or a mouse that costs 200 dollars. (I still use a old school 5 button intellimouse ...mostly because I'm left handed and I can't get a better model that works for me)

Anyhow there is almost always a way to win, sometimes you are just gonna lose though, whether by your own fault or a failure of a team.
You wanna know why potheads basically rule counter strike?
Because they just sit back chill and kind of feng shui the whole thing.
Lol, not sure if this was directed at me, but i have no problems makin a killing in MP games, 37-10/20-0/27-7 was some of my scores yesterday,
I just said that my heartrate is high when playing crysis 2 MP, becoz its so frantic and fast gameplay,

And BTW,.. i do smoke Ganja when playing games, sometimes, (SP)
but my aim and reflexes suffer, so i usally dont do it before playing MP

Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed
I hope you have a computer build with fine dwarven craftmenship deep in the mines of middle earth and imbued with magic powers. Given it's requirements to run well at high options in dx9, I seriously doubt there is a computer in existence that will run it properly in full dx11.

Lol,..Right you are, I have to run crysis 2 on medium settings, in MP, if i dont want to lag like hell,..
(can however run it fine on extreme settings in SP)
But am definetly looking forward to see how it runs in DX11
have no probs at all with running the thing, just the server element of the MP gameplay
the filters aren't all that brilliant - tracking down a noobs-only game is impossible

BFBC2 is excellent for finding a game to suit your level.. and the co-operative element is much better in a more realistic scenario..
as for DX11 - well here's footage of BFBC2 in DX11 (run in 1080p mode for the full effect)

- you gotta admit, it does look sweet..!!

..seeing other players doing that "bouncing around" way of avoiding gunfire in BFBC2 MP is kinda weird
cos it looks so unnatural.. but there's a lot of other things in C2 that don't feel right..
there's just something weird about the cloak and nanosuit, it kinda feels a bit like sci-fi..

I enjoyed the tactical elements of Crysis1 - the aliens and all that rhubarb just make it kinda weirder than it needed to be, IMO
maybe it's just me, maybe I need to stay in and play more (heh, heh!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Apr 2011   #150
RobinSchouten

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

I'm getting frustrated with the terrible DX9 graphics. The water, the rocks, the ground... it looks ridiculous. I'm officially waiting for the DX11 patch now, because the game experience isn't what it should be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Crysis 2 ... anybody got it yet?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Crysis VS Crysis Warhead?
Hi guys, I was wondering which should I buy Crysis or Warhead? btw what is 'crysis wars' inside warhead? I would like to buy the one that has nicer graphics. Thanks for any suggestions or personal experiences, my specs below.
Gaming
Crysis 2
Hi,I don't meet the requirements for Crysis2 but I'll like to play it. So if I play it on ATI Radeon 2400 AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 4400+ 2gb ram Will it damage my computer(hardware)? Thanks. The online demo ran preety good.
Gaming
Far Cry & Crysis on Win7 x64?
I am not a gamer. I would like to test my system with games and Far Cry and Crysis are available really cheap. My question to you gamers is this: will these games run on Win7 x64? Thanks for your patience.
Gaming
Crysis W7 64 Bit
Hi guys, sorry if someone posted this question already. I'm on the last level of the game, but the game crashes to the bsod. A memory dump i think. Is there any way of fixing it? I have the latest drivers for my gpu. Tried putting grafix in the game down a lil bit. Still the bsod. Also i have...
Gaming
Crysis
I've had crysis for awhile, since before windows 7. Today I decided I wanted to play it so I installed it and updated it to 1.2.1. Every so often while I play the game just crashes, also crashes when I try to change graphical settings. In the event viewer it says Faulting application name:...
Gaming
Crysis and windows 7
My computer has crashed (BSOD) quite a few times, but I think I've narrowed it down to crysis. It's crashed three times during a play through. Furthermore i cannot seem to enable very high settings either. This all seems rather ridiculous as my system specs are rather good: ati 4870, 4g RAM, intel...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App