Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Game lagging and slow performance of pc.Suggestion about a gaming rig?

24 Aug 2011   #111
Keiichi25

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Overclocking the i5-2500k can give a little, or a lot of benefit, depending on how much you overclock it.
I am not referring to how much you are overclocking it, Slasher, I refer to in general. Some things you will not notice the difference or much performance gain. It isn't the holy grail some people think it will be when it comes to certain things and I don't want people to think that they need to overclock a system to get 'ultimate performance'. I also don't want people to overclock a system and blowing their system up thinking if they 'eek a little more' they will get 'leaps and bounds'.

Overclocking should be done by enthusiasts who want to get as much as they can and know the risks, not by people who want to do the 'Tim Taylor (Allen) method of Improvement' and blow money out the door because they didn't take the proper precautions or thinking souping up their system without knowing what they were doing is a good thing.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Aug 2011   #112
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Again, it all depends how much you overclock it. Yes I know, merely if he wants to do it or not. The i5-2500k runs great without overclocking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #113
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

So you mean i5 2500 need to overclock for better performances?
Well, is nothing to do with the advance technologies?
Like what Keiichi25 said, I should get the i5 2500 because I don't know what I'm doing with the overclocking. And I don't want to get the risk of damage to the processor.
Anyway, overclocking can be done by other people rather than doing it by our own right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Aug 2011   #114
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Nononono, you don't NEED to overclock it. The i5-2500 is great as it is. Only if you want to get more out of it, you overclock it. Just because you get the i5-2500k, doesn't mean you have to overclock it, only the option of doing so is there. If you don't know what you are doing with overclocking, don't do it. Yes, another person can overclock it for you, if you wish, but only the i5-2500k, not the i5-2500. Again, the i5-2500 and i5-2500k are exactly the same, except the fact that the i5-2500k has its multipliers unlocked, to overclock.

Slasher
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #115
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Nononono, you don't NEED to overclock it. The i5-2500 is great as it is. Only if you want to get more out of it, you overclock it. Just because you get the i5-2500k, doesn't mean you have to overclock it, only the option of doing so is there. If you don't know what you are doing with overclocking, don't do it. Yes, another person can overclock it for you, if you wish, but only the i5-2500k, not the i5-2500. Again, the i5-2500 and i5-2500k are exactly the same, except the fact that the i5-2500k has its multipliers unlocked, to overclock.

Slasher
Thanks for the info mate
I think I will get the i5-2500. Is enough for me.
For better performance, I need to change a graphic card and power supply isn't it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #116
Keiichi25

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mual View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Nononono, you don't NEED to overclock it. The i5-2500 is great as it is. Only if you want to get more out of it, you overclock it. Just because you get the i5-2500k, doesn't mean you have to overclock it, only the option of doing so is there. If you don't know what you are doing with overclocking, don't do it. Yes, another person can overclock it for you, if you wish, but only the i5-2500k, not the i5-2500. Again, the i5-2500 and i5-2500k are exactly the same, except the fact that the i5-2500k has its multipliers unlocked, to overclock.

Slasher
Thanks for the info mate
I think I will get the i5-2500. Is enough for me.
For better performance, I need to change a graphic card and power supply isn't it?
Sorry, not going to go through this entire thread to look at what you have for a Graphics Card or power Supply...

I will say this, however...

If your Power supply is <500 Watts... and your card was working fine... Don't worry about it.

If you are thinking of getting a newer card (which MIGHT improve your FPS, but only really consider it if you NEED drastic improvement, like above 25 FPS) and the power supply is <500 watts, you should make sure your power supply is at least 500W or better, as newer cards are requiring a minimum power supply allowance.

And as Slash pointed out, you don't need to overclock it. He pointed out that the i5-2600k is unlocked so you can overclock if you wanted to. I only cautioned that if you are planning on it and you don't know how to do it, you should research first before trying. The i5-2600 is locked so you can't try and do that, but it should be fine for what you want to do in general.

Again, Overclocking isn't a must. It is generally for those who like to 'tweak' their system to get more out of it. How much more will vary depending on the user's wants, but the important thing as a person who has never done it, do not expect the returns to be 'leaps and bounds'.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #117
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Keiichi25 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mual View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Nononono, you don't NEED to overclock it. The i5-2500 is great as it is. Only if you want to get more out of it, you overclock it. Just because you get the i5-2500k, doesn't mean you have to overclock it, only the option of doing so is there. If you don't know what you are doing with overclocking, don't do it. Yes, another person can overclock it for you, if you wish, but only the i5-2500k, not the i5-2500. Again, the i5-2500 and i5-2500k are exactly the same, except the fact that the i5-2500k has its multipliers unlocked, to overclock.

Slasher
Thanks for the info mate
I think I will get the i5-2500. Is enough for me.
For better performance, I need to change a graphic card and power supply isn't it?
Sorry, not going to go through this entire thread to look at what you have for a Graphics Card or power Supply...

I will say this, however...

If your Power supply is <500 Watts... and your card was working fine... Don't worry about it.

If you are thinking of getting a newer card (which MIGHT improve your FPS, but only really consider it if you NEED drastic improvement, like above 25 FPS) and the power supply is <500 watts, you should make sure your power supply is at least 500W or better, as newer cards are requiring a minimum power supply allowance.

And as Slash pointed out, you don't need to overclock it. He pointed out that the i5-2600k is unlocked so you can overclock if you wanted to. I only cautioned that if you are planning on it and you don't know how to do it, you should research first before trying. The i5-2600 is locked so you can't try and do that, but it should be fine for what you want to do in general.

Again, Overclocking isn't a must. It is generally for those who like to 'tweak' their system to get more out of it. How much more will vary depending on the user's wants, but the important thing as a person who has never done it, do not expect the returns to be 'leaps and bounds'.
Well I have a 500+ watts power supply.
I get your point about the overclocking, so I think that I will just take the i5 2500. It will be enough for me. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT, so with a i5 2500k, I will be still at least able to play new game without lag right ?(Not in high settings, just normal or maybe lower).
Anyway, the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H) is better and cheaper compare to the Asus P8H67-M LE or Asus P8H67-M LE is better and has the same price range?
Give me a suggestion on these two motherboard and which one I should pick, or suggest me one motherboard that is the price around this range..
Thanks for your suggestion and comment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #118
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Mual, what games do you want to play, and at what resolution? The Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H is good, but is a bit expensive, try looking for something else if you don't want to pay that much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #119
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Mual, what games do you want to play, and at what resolution? The Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H is good, but is a bit expensive, try looking for something else if you don't want to pay that much.
Sorry for the late reply, having tuition just now.
Well Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Dues Ex Human Revolution, Call Of Duty Black Ops, Red Fraction Armageddon, Gothic 4, Crysis 2, Two Worlds 2, Dungeon Siege 3, F.E.A.R 3, Fable 3, Hunted The Demon Forge, Operation Flashpoint red River, NFS Hot Pursuit, Shift 2 Unleashed, Shogun 2, Dead Rising 2, Brink etc...

So I just get the Asus P8H67-M LE? is okay too right?
For all the above games, I think I want to play on 1280x1024 resolution, which is the max resolution for my monitor. I don't mind if the graphic have to set to normal or low.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2011   #120
Keiichi25

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Home Premium x64
 
 

By technicality, the MB should not be the major investment EXCEPT if you REALLY need certain technologies it provides. In this case, as a gamer, your focus should be what CPUs the board will support, number of RAM slots and the configuration of it, number of PCIe slots and what PCIe they will support, such as PCIe 2.0 at x16 or x8 and match that up with the card you are using.

When you do get the board, also consider getting RAM. Some of the newer boards will want to use DDR3 triple channel. If your older system used DDR2, you may have to replace the RAM. Also check the speed if you are using DDR3, as again, the MB for certain processors will need to be at a certain speed or else you suffer memory flaws which will produce an unstable system. These are key things you need to examine when you go forward.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Game lagging and slow performance of pc.Suggestion about a gaming rig?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Continuous Lagging and Slow Performance Toshiba L745 Win 7 64x bit
Hello guys..i new here..Correct me if im wrong..:shock: i`ve been having a difficulties to find the solutions regarding the problem that i have been facing. Sometimes everything seems just fine but a minute later the problem come. even opening microsoft word makes me feels sick..just scrolling...
Performance & Maintenance
Something wrong with Taskbar ("performance" slow/lagging)
Hello, I've been playing around with 3rd party themes and taskbar customizations, and after setting everything back to default (Normal Window Aero themes, taskbar etc) I'm experiencing slowness/lag in taskbar performance. This is hard to explain but I'll try to clarify as much as I can: ...
General Discussion
System performance "slow" warning in any game, but running just fine
I'm very tired of seeing this message booting me to desktop just to ask me if I want to change the color scheme because it perceives my computer is running slow. Load up Batman AC? 10 minutes in focus changes from said full-screen app to this completely unnecessary 'warning'. Battlefield 3? ...
Performance & Maintenance
game performance becomes slow/jerky
i have an hp dv5 1006ax laptop with windows 7. my problem is, the game performance becomes slow/jerky (not smooth) when power is unplugged. i tried changing my power plans. but no use. when it is plugged in it works smooth. i have ATI Radeon HD 3400 on it please help
Gaming
Slow game performance
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I found this place after Googleing this problem I've been having. I recently upgraded from XP 32-bit to Win 7 32-bit. After the installation i updated all of my drivers from the manufactures and went to windows update and installed anything that it found. My...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App