Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: stuttering in games. (mainly valve)

14 Nov 2009   #91
smarteyeball

 
 

I can understand that mate. I've wanted to kick mine on quite a few occasions

Unfortunately I have no other ideas for you


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Nov 2009   #92
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I can understand that mate. I've wanted to kick mine on quite a few occasions

Unfortunately I have no other ideas for you

so far what can we single out, can we say the processor is good? and the ram??? and the mobo??? can we at least say that much? or no?

i mean the stuttering with the sound looping in all is gone this is a diff type now.. and idk if call of duty was a good game to test it out on since this is being hosted off other peoples internet connection so i cant take the stuttering accounted for in there. for some reason i wanna say my sound card might have a small roll play in this.



ALSO if you guys want or are willing on sunday if you want to get in touch ill let you take over my computer so you can browse around threw it see if you see anything threw the program called Team Viewer let me know please.


and do these seem ok???


Attached Images
stuttering in games. (mainly valve)-tune.png stuttering in games. (mainly valve)-tune2.png stuttering in games. (mainly valve)-tune3.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #93
burger

Windows 7 Pro x64 Build 7600
 
 

I get shuttering when I play css. The only thing different is win7 64bit from XP 32bit. Otherwise all my hardware is the same. My guess its some settings or option from windows7 that might be causing it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Nov 2009   #94
smarteyeball

 
 

My apologies if these have been asked before:

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post


so far what can we single out, can we say the processor is good? and the ram??? and the mobo??? can we at least say that much? or no?
From the symptoms, I'd say yes. There have been no crashes, BSOD etc.

Quote:
i mean the stuttering with the sound looping in all is gone this is a diff type now.. and idk if call of duty was a good game to test it out on since this is being hosted off other peoples internet connection so i cant take the stuttering accounted for in there. for some reason
Does the hitching occur in Single Player, or is it solely in multiplayer games?

Quote:
i wanna say my sound card might have a small roll play in this.
Didn't you try that with out any sound card / onboard and the problem was still there?


Quote:
ALSO if you guys want or are willing on sunday if you want to get in touch ill let you take over my computer so you can browse around threw it see if you see anything threw the program called Team Viewer let me know please.
I'm not familiar with it, so I'm afraid I can't help you there, but I do suggest being careful letting 'just anybody' remote in.


Quote:
and do these seem ok???
They look fine to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #95
BusOfTheUndead

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
im really starting to hate my computer with a passion.
Can you record a movie of the lag using something like Wegame. I watched the demo you uploaded and didn't notice any lag. I believe the demo recorder in source games won't show frame rate issues when someone else watches the demo because it's just a recording of all the data from the game, that is why the file size is so small. If you go to wegame.com you can download their recorder and setup an account. It works like fraps recording videos of games but handles uploading videos to their site automatically for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #96
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
My apologies if these have been asked before:

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post


so far what can we single out, can we say the processor is good? and the ram??? and the mobo??? can we at least say that much? or no?
From the symptoms, I'd say yes. There have been no crashes, BSOD etc.

Quote:
i mean the stuttering with the sound looping in all is gone this is a diff type now.. and idk if call of duty was a good game to test it out on since this is being hosted off other peoples internet connection so i cant take the stuttering accounted for in there. for some reason
Does the hitching occur in Single Player, or is it solely in multiplayer games?

seems like multiplayer havent really played an single players, dont have to many laying around all though i did just buy call of duty so i will check in that.

Didn't you try that with out any sound card / onboard and the problem was still there?

yes we did but that was with the stuttering and sound looping.

Quote:
ALSO if you guys want or are willing on sunday if you want to get in touch ill let you take over my computer so you can browse around threw it see if you see anything threw the program called Team Viewer let me know please.
I'm not familiar with it, so I'm afraid I can't help you there, but I do suggest being careful letting 'just anybody' remote in.


Quote:
and do these seem ok???
They look fine to me.


answered some of them, and as for the 2nd guy ill try to do that this sunday, cause today is going to be a crazy day for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #97
AlexRD

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Run a DPC Latency Check and submit us your results.
Google DPC Latency
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #98
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Run a DPC Latency Check and submit us your results.
Google DPC Latency
ok i downloaded it do i just let it run, or do i run it while playing or doing something??

well obviously i got to be doing something, umm say it does happen you just want a screenshot, or will it save the data at last known problem since i wont be able to keep an eye on it when i game?

and is this testing sound only??

and i also got wegame up and running so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #99
AlexRD

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Run a DPC Latency Check and submit us your results.
Google DPC Latency
ok i downloaded it do i just let it run, or do i run it while playing or doing something??

well obviously i got to be doing something, umm say it does happen you just want a screenshot, or will it save the data at last known problem since i wont be able to keep an eye on it when i game?

and is this testing sound only??

and i also got wegame up and running so.
You just let it running, and take a screenshot of the results for us.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #100
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
Run a DPC Latency Check and submit us your results.
Google DPC Latency
ok i downloaded it do i just let it run, or do i run it while playing or doing something??

well obviously i got to be doing something, umm say it does happen you just want a screenshot, or will it save the data at last known problem since i wont be able to keep an eye on it when i game?

and is this testing sound only??

and i also got wegame up and running so.
You just let it running, and take a screenshot of the results for us.

ok have you ever heard of a program called procom its also a processor monitor thing i found while i was doing some searching on dpc latency.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 stuttering in games. (mainly valve)




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 stuttering in games
Hey I just recently installed windows 7 on my computer but when I play any game it just seems to stutter a lot , I have tried disabling mscorsvw.exe have the latest drivers for my video card installed , tried turning off anti-malware and anti-virus but it did not do anything. I even tried it on...
Gaming
BSOD when using steam/valve games
ive been using this brand new computer for about 7 months now all of the system details are in my system specs, so if u need more info dont hesitate to ask ive been playing dota 2 and at random times it freezes my computer completely. usually it doesnt even BSOD. it just freezes and i have to...
BSOD Help and Support
Stuttering on Games
Hi there I am starting to lose patience with my laptop. Since the beginning of August, my games have started to stutter in gameplay. It is driving me mad now. This never happened before the end of July. I got my laptop in May 2011, and it was fine through May, June and July. Is the problem the...
Gaming
Games stuttering on LAPTOP
Hey, i have alienware m15x which i bought for gaming, but the game perforance is not up to the mark and are stuttering. Please suggest me how to tweak or remove this stuttering problems. FIFA 11,Need for speed SHIFT2 etc are the games. At first the games worked perfectly fine,but then suddenly...
Gaming
ValvE games and my os
Hello all, I'm currently having a small problem with my games "target locations" and only the ValvE ones, from what I'm noticing. In this picture (Yfrog - cssgd) I have the properties of Counter-Strike: Source, and Bad Company 2 opened up. Ever since I placed the 64bit ver of Windows 7 I've...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App