Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7

28 Nov 2009   #181
damoh

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Most likely steam, all the games i buy come that way and i can back them up, plus im terrible at not loosing dvd's etc....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Nov 2009   #182
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by damoh View Post
Most likely steam, all the games i buy come that way and i can back them up, plus im terrible at not loosing dvd's etc....
i think i would pick dvd(with steam) that way i get a fast install, no worries if i loose the disk since i can still download it too. not to mention no disk swapping, thats what i hate more then anything!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #183
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Why don't you image the game as an .iso and mount it with Daemon tools instead of an extra bit of useless software that introduces yet another potential vulnerability into your PC?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Nov 2009   #184
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Why don't you image the game as an .iso and mount it with Daemon tools instead of an extra bit of useless software that introduces yet another potential vulnerability into your PC?
thats stupid, it runs off steam, cant run the game without it. steam is well known and is secure from viruses btw.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #185
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Why don't you image the game as an .iso and mount it with Daemon tools instead of an extra bit of useless software that introduces yet another potential vulnerability into your PC?
thats stupid, it runs off steam, cant run the game without it. steam is well known and is secure from viruses btw.
Secure? Nothing is and nothing ever will be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #186
TaraSWinTeam

Windows 7
 
 

Check to see if your games are compatible by checking out the Windows compatibility center: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx.

Cheers,
Tara
Windows Outreach Team
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #187
Static

Windows 7 RC - 7100 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Why don't you image the game as an .iso and mount it with Daemon tools instead of an extra bit of useless software that introduces yet another potential vulnerability into your PC?
thats stupid, it runs off steam, cant run the game without it. steam is well known and is secure from viruses btw.
Secure? Nothing is and nothing ever will be.
Then why does it matter if you install steam anyways with that attitude?

and Number 2 - it's required to play it.



And to the argument on last page about "The game is still good it's not as bad as you make it seem."

I will agree with that somewhat. It is a good game. It is actually in all probability still one of the BEST games out there.

But Infinity Ward decided instead of making it THE game of the century. And/or an INCREDIBLE game instead of just good, to go for the cashflow and try and make some more money.

It is a good game. It just could EASILY be a 10 times better game if they didn't want to mess with an amazing system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #188
archie123

Win 10 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Everyone has their reasons why to like or not like this game , fact is dedicated servers or not , steam or not , its a fun game , fantastic infact , yes id love dedicated servers but it seems we may not get them so the longevity of the game may be affected for some , i playe world at war from the day it was released till MW2 was released but that was because it was fun not because it had dedicated servers. If you think the game isnt fun dont play it , if you think it is then stop worrying about nothing and enjoy it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #189
AlexRD

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

what did you guys mean by Dvd with steam?
Can you order through steam and receive the DVD later?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #190
damoh

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexRD View Post
what did you guys mean by Dvd with steam?
Can you order through steam and receive the DVD later?

No, but if you back everything up then your good to go and also its not like u can only download it once from steam type thing.
Yeah i must admit, steam could be so much better, being able to backup server lists etc... but the concept of it i like, i find i use steam more then MSN Messenger. And tbh its way better then WON or Gamespy ever was.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 - Blue screen upon Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 startup
When I start CoD MW3 on my computer, I'm getting blue screen and a restart. Would love help, it's annoying to buy a game you can't play :/ Thanks forward.
Gaming
BSOD playing Call of duty: Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2
Hello guys, i got a BSOD, got it many times in a row, i think it's my ATI drivers, but i'm not sure, could you check it and tell me how to fix? It's just restarting after a while of playing, after that it's turning on telling me that windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, after it dumped...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 3... First Look
I would have liked to have seen a trailer or action scene but I guess this will have to do for now... :D I thought we were going to Russia to kick some ass but I guess New York has paid money to become the center of all attacks... including Aliens and such. All we need now is for GFRS to be in...
Gaming
Modern Warfare
Is there a patch released to get this working with WIN7? game either stutters or crashes... same with Fifa10 such a shame I have Win 7 Ultimate running without any problems but have to go back to XP just to play these games :(
Gaming
Modern Warfare 2
It seems that I get the BSOD the most when I am trying to run a game through the Steam application. Also when I try and use video recording software while playing this game. My drivers are up to date, and I have attached a DxDiag for anyone to view if it helps. Once in a while I will get it...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 2
Something else to look forward to this year.... nlb2m8NqE34
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App