Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7

10 Nov 2009   #11
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

WOW, so what you are saying is that Infinity Ward is taking after UBIsoft and all it did was make a poorly optimized console port for PC?

If that is so... that's another 60 bucks I'll save myself.

The problem now is that I was so hoping to play a decent game after the fiasco with Operation Flashpoint-DR

Oh well... time to trade the PC for a Wii


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Nov 2009   #12
NuT

Windows 7 7600 RTM x64 Build
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
WOW, so what you are saying is that Infinity Ward is taking after UBIsoft and all it did was make a poorly optimized console port for PC?

If that is so... that's another 60 bucks I'll save myself.

The problem now is that I was so hoping to play a decent game after the fiasco with Operation Flashpoint-DR

Oh well... time to trade the PC for a Wii
Infinity Ward can go strait to hell, no dedicated servers and steam.
They ruined their name imho!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2009   #13
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

agreed very dumb decision on there part on no dedicated servers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Nov 2009   #14
hanksta2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Steam is the bomb, and I never buy games that aren't on there. Even if you don't like it--big deal, it's a whole 2 minute process to install.

PC Gamers always get railed--you have to face facts: Consoles drive the market.


No dedicated servers seems pretty silly, though. But I must say I hate it when I end up on servers that modify the game so much it's unrecognizable. I'm sure they dropped dedicated server support for a reason. Give it time.

You can choose not to spend $60 on what you know is a great game--that's your choice. And you know deep down that even if it is ported from the consoles, it's still gonna be better on the PC. That's just a fact.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #15
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hanksta2 View Post
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Steam is the bomb, and I never buy games that aren't on there. Even if you don't like it--big deal, it's a whole 2 minute process to install.

PC Gamers always get railed--you have to face facts: Consoles drive the market.


No dedicated servers seems pretty silly, though. But I must say I hate it when I end up on servers that modify the game so much it's unrecognizable. I'm sure they dropped dedicated server support for a reason. Give it time.

You can choose not to spend $60 on what you know is a great game--that's your choice. And you know deep down that even if it is ported from the consoles, it's still gonna be better on the PC. That's just a fact.
Right now, Steam will not even start for me.

Guess what? I dont really care. I dont like how it works.
I like the concept, but the implementation SUCKS.

Also, no dedicated servers means that the chance of finding an active game with open spots will be next to impossible.
Even if you do, then the quality of the server will show through. It just will not be worth it.

Imagine playing this game on your computer. Lets say it can run the game fairly well. Now, you want a good multiplayer game, but none are open/up so you decide to host your own (Providing your ISP allows you to!). Ok, so far so good. Next a few more people start to connect in. Cool, other people! Next thing you know, your ping skyrockets (and theirs) to around 500 and things get jumpy. Your computer can barely keep up. Then 4 more players join, and it either reduces gameplay to screenshot browsing, or you crash.
Even should you succeed, lets say one of the players is some 12 year old kid, screaming with a high pitched nasal voice and constantly cussing and screaming at you all about how gay you are and what naughty things you do to your mom at night (I have heard this.....). Well too bad, either you put up with him or you quit the game, because he wont leave unless he wants to.

That sound like a great game?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #16
hanksta2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hanksta2 View Post
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Steam is the bomb, and I never buy games that aren't on there. Even if you don't like it--big deal, it's a whole 2 minute process to install.

PC Gamers always get railed--you have to face facts: Consoles drive the market.


No dedicated servers seems pretty silly, though. But I must say I hate it when I end up on servers that modify the game so much it's unrecognizable. I'm sure they dropped dedicated server support for a reason. Give it time.

You can choose not to spend $60 on what you know is a great game--that's your choice. And you know deep down that even if it is ported from the consoles, it's still gonna be better on the PC. That's just a fact.
Right now, Steam will not even start for me.

Guess what? I dont really care. I dont like how it works.
I like the concept, but the implementation SUCKS.

Also, no dedicated servers means that the chance of finding an active game with open spots will be next to impossible.
Even if you do, then the quality of the server will show through. It just will not be worth it.

Imagine playing this game on your computer. Lets say it can run the game fairly well. Now, you want a good multiplayer game, but none are open/up so you decide to host your own (Providing your ISP allows you to!). Ok, so far so good. Next a few more people start to connect in. Cool, other people! Next thing you know, your ping skyrockets (and theirs) to around 500 and things get jumpy. Your computer can barely keep up. Then 4 more players join, and it either reduces gameplay to screenshot browsing, or you crash.
Even should you succeed, lets say one of the players is some 12 year old kid, screaming with a high pitched nasal voice and constantly cussing and screaming at you all about how gay you are and what naughty things you do to your mom at night (I have heard this.....). Well too bad, either you put up with him or you quit the game, because he wont leave unless he wants to.

That sound like a great game?

~Lordbob
Ha ha ha, it sounds terrible, but I love your description.

In all honesty, I don't play the Call of Duty games for multiplayer--I play for the single player campaigns. Although this spec ops mode is pretty sweet. My biggest complaint so far: It appears that there is no buddy chat in spec ops (crazy, I know), and you have to use Steam voice chat (!!!) to talk to your partner.

It kinda sounds like the game is unfinished...maybe they rushed it out there to meet deadlines?

The single player is completely badass, though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #17
cosomotion

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

game works flawless on windows 7..
1920x1200, 2xAA, all textures on Extra High.

so far no complaint about the missing dedicated servers. no lag, and i can still easily play with friends.

I don't like them removing the option for dedicated servers, but I haven't noticed that the gameplay has suffered due to this either.

just my 2 cents.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #18
bakerk

Windows 7 RC
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cosomotion View Post
game works flawless on windows 7..
1920x1200, 2xAA, all textures on Extra High.

so far no complaint about the missing dedicated servers. no lag, and i can still easily play with friends.

I don't like them removing the option for dedicated servers, but I haven't noticed that the gameplay has suffered due to this either.

just my 2 cents.
Certainly it plays better on win 7 than XP but I've had a couple of freezes in half hours play.
More setting to play with but I am also running on 1920x1200. I found Modern warfare 1 was not so good on Win 7 so MW2 is definitely coded for 7.
More playing with it tonight so will update.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #19
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Hmm, i don't think ill touch MW2 for a while, sounds horrible from what people are saying.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2009   #20
skunksmash

SEVEN x64
 
 

im picking up my copy in the next few days.......IW dont really care about the PC gamers, its all about console revenue


i'll stick to cod4 for MP & just clock SP on cod6 & then sell it. (unless the removal of the servers is for all COD series)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 - Blue screen upon Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 startup
When I start CoD MW3 on my computer, I'm getting blue screen and a restart. Would love help, it's annoying to buy a game you can't play :/ Thanks forward.
Gaming
BSOD playing Call of duty: Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2
Hello guys, i got a BSOD, got it many times in a row, i think it's my ATI drivers, but i'm not sure, could you check it and tell me how to fix? It's just restarting after a while of playing, after that it's turning on telling me that windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, after it dumped...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 3... First Look
I would have liked to have seen a trailer or action scene but I guess this will have to do for now... :D I thought we were going to Russia to kick some ass but I guess New York has paid money to become the center of all attacks... including Aliens and such. All we need now is for GFRS to be in...
Gaming
Modern Warfare
Is there a patch released to get this working with WIN7? game either stutters or crashes... same with Fifa10 such a shame I have Win 7 Ultimate running without any problems but have to go back to XP just to play these games :(
Gaming
Modern Warfare 2
It seems that I get the BSOD the most when I am trying to run a game through the Steam application. Also when I try and use video recording software while playing this game. My drivers are up to date, and I have attached a DxDiag for anyone to view if it helps. Once in a while I will get it...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 2
Something else to look forward to this year.... nlb2m8NqE34
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App