Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7

14 Jan 2010   #261
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fumz View Post
What I get is that perhaps for you pc gaming is a chore; if one guy has an installation issue, in your opinion, that's evidence pc's are "not the right tool for the job". I find that argument absurd; however, reading your posts, I see you've narrowly defined pc gaming as the installation, setup and loading of the game... not the actual gaming experience itself, which is odd for a guy who's claiming consoles are "light years" ahead of pc's.

As far as the actual gaming part goes, you've been noticeably muted; which is reasonable considering that pc's blow away consoles in every respect: superior hardware, superior networks, superior options.

Yes, it may be "easier" to setup, for some people who find loading software difficult, but that's where any comparison ends. Once a game is loaded, there's just no way a cheap, limited, antiquated little console can keep up with a pc.

I mean you get what you pay for... right? Not even console maker's are claiming their products to be superior to pc's... just "easier".
Correct, PC's are for games, not pansy consoles.
I'd hardly call the Cell-processor equipped PS3, a "pansy" device. That's quite lame, on your part.

When I get a new game for my PS3, I don't have to give one thought to how much hassle it might be to get the new game working well--the games ALWAYS work on the PS3. Unless tremendous strides have been made in the past year in PC gaming, it's just way too much of a PITA for me to consider wasting my time with. Besides, like I said before, I prefer the controller to keyboard. Sure it took some time to transition to it, but that was a matter of just a few days. Out of all the years I'll spend on the PS3 (I've had it for about 26 months now), a few days learning curve is no biggie.
YAWN - here we go again. If you play Modern Warfare 2 on PC you can see the muddy textures and reduced view distance - why? Consoles are RUBBISH. Build a proper PC not a dull box. Oh look, it works, yes so what?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Jan 2010   #262
dave1812

Win7
 
 

LOL! MW2 looks good enough for me to enjoy the hell out of the game when I am killing the enemy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2010   #263
Fumz

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
I'd hardly call the Cell-processor equipped PS3, a "pansy" device. That's quite lame, on your part.

When I get a new game for my PS3, I don't have to give one thought to how much hassle it might be to get the new game working well--the games ALWAYS work on the PS3. Unless tremendous strides have been made in the past year in PC gaming, it's just way too much of a PITA for me to consider wasting my time with. Besides, like I said before, I prefer the controller to keyboard. Sure it took some time to transition to it, but that was a matter of just a few days. Out of all the years I'll spend on the PS3 (I've had it for about 26 months now), a few days learning curve is no biggie.
What's odd about your contribution to this thread isn't what's being said; it's who's saying it.

One can easily find a bunch of nonsense about how much better consoles are than pc's on console forums. In fact, when speaking about their preferred method of gaming, it's commonplace for a console fan to avoid all reality and fact. It's one thing to say, "I just like it better, it's more fun". It's quite another to argue that the console is somehow superior.

However, you don't usually find these types of bizarre rantings on pc forums... especially from experienced users... which is why this is almost surreal. You're aware that most gaming "problems", if you can call them that, are resolved by simple driver updates... updates which any savvy computer user would do anyway. Yet, here we have a "power user" complaining that doing these updates is a "pita"... so it's not so much that games are a pain in the ass, it's that simply maintaining your computer is a pita. I gotta admit, I wonder why you're even here?

Putting this into terms you work with, being a mechanic, it's like someone coming into your shop saying the car is too much of a pita because they'd rather not have to hassle with putting oil in it every few months... so instead of dealing with changing the oil, because that's too much of a pita, they're going to take the bus. You're arguing the bus is superior.

Surely you must have expected some blow-back when you decided to post on a pc forum that consoles were better for gaming? Any rational person would have expected as much. Yet, as far as blow-back goes, this has been relatively tame. Everyone is staying on topic and avoiding the personal attacks you usually see as topics like this devolve into flame... everyone but you. Why call people names? Can't you just stick to your point(s)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jan 2010   #264
dave1812

Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fumz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
I'd hardly call the Cell-processor equipped PS3, a "pansy" device. That's quite lame, on your part.

When I get a new game for my PS3, I don't have to give one thought to how much hassle it might be to get the new game working well--the games ALWAYS work on the PS3. Unless tremendous strides have been made in the past year in PC gaming, it's just way too much of a PITA for me to consider wasting my time with. Besides, like I said before, I prefer the controller to keyboard. Sure it took some time to transition to it, but that was a matter of just a few days. Out of all the years I'll spend on the PS3 (I've had it for about 26 months now), a few days learning curve is no biggie.
What's odd about your contribution to this thread isn't what's being said; it's who's saying it.

One can easily find a bunch of nonsense about how much better consoles are than pc's on console forums. In fact, when speaking about their preferred method of gaming, it's commonplace for a console fan to avoid all reality and fact. It's one thing to say, "I just like it better, it's more fun". It's quite another to argue that the console is somehow superior.

However, you don't usually find these types of bizarre rantings on pc forums... especially from experienced users... which is why this is almost surreal. You're aware that most gaming "problems", if you can call them that, are resolved by simple driver updates... updates which any savvy computer user would do anyway. Yet, here we have a "power user" complaining that doing these updates is a "pita"... so it's not so much that games are a pain in the ass, it's that simply maintaining your computer is a pita. I gotta admit, I wonder why you're even here?

Putting this into terms you work with, being a mechanic, it's like someone coming into your shop saying the car is too much of a pita because they'd rather not have to hassle with putting oil in it every few months... so instead of dealing with changing the oil, because that's too much of a pita, they're going to take the bus. You're arguing the bus is superior.

Surely you must have expected some blow-back when you decided to post on a pc forum that consoles were better for gaming? Any rational person would have expected as much. Yet, as far as blow-back goes, this has been relatively tame. Everyone is staying on topic and avoiding the personal attacks you usually see as topics like this devolve into flame... everyone but you. Why call people names? Can't you just stick to your point(s)?
Actually, as far as vehicles go, there are some brands that ARE a PITA and whenever asked what to avoid, I mention the models most likely to fail. That doesn't mean if they had brought in a PITA, I wouldn't be happy to fix their problem for them.

And what in the heck is YOUR problem?? I didn't call someone a name--at least not lately. But if you keep carping at me, be prepared...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #265
Fumz

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Carping at you?

It's not you I'm ripping, per se, it's the argument you've put forth; don't blame me if it was ill-conceived. I really don't know what else to offer in the way of an explanation that isn't already in the post just above yours.

You get what I said though... right? It's odd watching someone who's supposedly familiar with the OS say that regular maintenance is "a pita". You can see how that argument, coming from someone experienced with the OS just doesn't fly right... right? I mean if someone came in saying that changing their oil was a hassle, would you then agree that a bus was superior to the car for driving? Of course not, because that would be ridiculous... just like the notion that consoles are better for gaming than pc's.

.. and as far as "being prepared", lol... I'm ready for anything you got... console boys aren't known for their aim, so take your best shot!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #266
WDAexodus

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fumz View Post

.. and as far as "being prepared", lol... I'm ready for anything you got... console boys aren't known for their aim, so take your best shot!
I got a good chuckle from that.

Dave,

Listen, if you are happy with your PS3 then so be it. We are happy with our pc's. There hasn't been many issues with MW2 and pc installation. You have to understand something. There are countless h/w configurations of pc's out there with countless s/w configurations. There are maybe 3 different PS3 or XBox models with the only differences between them being storage size as far as I know. So it's understandable why pc's have problems sometimes. But there is no way that a PS3 or any other console could ever match the processing power of a modern gaming pc. For that matter a pc that is a couple of years old will still outperform a console. Yes, games are fun on consoles. Yes, consoles provide a great gaming experience. Yes, it is really easy to setup and run. My five year old does it daily. No, graphically there is no comparision between a game designed for pc's and then ported to consoles. They have to be dumbed down so consoles can run them effectively. No, they don't provide the controls and configurations that a pc provides.(which is one of the reasons why this thread was originally created and why pc gamers are so upset with the game.) MW2 is a good game. It was designed for consoles and ported to pc. So the graphics are good, not great. COD 5 is much better IMO graphically because it was designed for the pc first. The support was the best I have seen. It stresses my pc significantly more then MW2 does. As a matter of fact I clock higher frames in MW2 then I do in COD 4. COD 4 is over 3 years old. Those are facts, not opinion. Enjoy your console, I'll enjoy my pc. At the end of the day neither are truly important in the grand scheme of life anyway so let's not lose our minds trying to push an agenda and just enjoy the time we have here.

Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #267
dave1812

Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fumz View Post
Carping at you?

It's not you I'm ripping, per se, it's the argument you've put forth; don't blame me if it was ill-conceived. I really don't know what else to offer in the way of an explanation that isn't already in the post just above yours.

You get what I said though... right? It's odd watching someone who's supposedly familiar with the OS say that regular maintenance is "a pita". You can see how that argument, coming from someone experienced with the OS just doesn't fly right... right? I mean if someone came in saying that changing their oil was a hassle, would you then agree that a bus was superior to the car for driving? Of course not, because that would be ridiculous... just like the notion that consoles are better for gaming than pc's.

.. and as far as "being prepared", lol... I'm ready for anything you got... console boys aren't known for their aim, so take your best shot!
Yes, I "get" what you said. I wouldn't call all of the additional tweaking needed to play a game as "regular maintenance". I had to set up my PC one way to play FS9 and another game required a different setup, both of which required plenty of time in forums, plus experimentation, to get the best experience with both games (I know, a simulator isn't really a "game", but it's close).

I'm a little old to be classified a "console boy". LOL! It's fun when I come out on top in a match, seeing as I'm almost 5X the age of the typical kid playing video games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #268
bigseb

Windows 7 x64 Professional
 
 

COD 1, 2, 4 and 5 all work perfectly on Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #269
dave1812

Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigseb View Post
COD 1, 2, 4 and 5 all work perfectly on Windows 7.
I've had a great Win 7 experience, when compared to upgrading to Vista. The only issue pending for me is that HP won't release until later this month, a driver for my OfficeJet printers, so that I can scan files directly to our PC's.

Having said that, FS9 does NOT WORK AS WELL on 7 as it did on XP. I can't get the frame rates up to the rates enjoyed on XP, no matter what I've tried. I've posted messages about the problem and there is no solution in sight.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 - Blue screen upon Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 startup
When I start CoD MW3 on my computer, I'm getting blue screen and a restart. Would love help, it's annoying to buy a game you can't play :/ Thanks forward.
Gaming
BSOD playing Call of duty: Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2
Hello guys, i got a BSOD, got it many times in a row, i think it's my ATI drivers, but i'm not sure, could you check it and tell me how to fix? It's just restarting after a while of playing, after that it's turning on telling me that windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, after it dumped...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 3... First Look
I would have liked to have seen a trailer or action scene but I guess this will have to do for now... :D I thought we were going to Russia to kick some ass but I guess New York has paid money to become the center of all attacks... including Aliens and such. All we need now is for GFRS to be in...
Gaming
Modern Warfare
Is there a patch released to get this working with WIN7? game either stutters or crashes... same with Fifa10 such a shame I have Win 7 Ultimate running without any problems but have to go back to XP just to play these games :(
Gaming
Modern Warfare 2
It seems that I get the BSOD the most when I am trying to run a game through the Steam application. Also when I try and use video recording software while playing this game. My drivers are up to date, and I have attached a DxDiag for anyone to view if it helps. Once in a while I will get it...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 2
Something else to look forward to this year.... nlb2m8NqE34
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App