Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7

13 Nov 2009   #61
Static

Windows 7 RC - 7100 64bit
 
 

Leaning is amazingly fun because you can conceal a whole ton of your body. Especially for single player, let alone multi. Especially if you can find a nice spot where your head blends into the background of some boxes etc.

And even with the "Im aiming for your head" wannabe comment, it is ALWAYS and INFINITELY better to be showing less of your body.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Nov 2009   #62
Klaw117

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

WOW, they got rid of lean!? That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. That's one of the most useful things you can use while sniping. Just hide behind something on the other side of the map, lean out, and shoot anyone you see while 90% of your body is hidden. It's A LOT harder for people to find you and the only way you usually die is by someone else sniping you.

Really? They had to get rid of lean? I could deal with the no-support-for-dedicated-servers, but no lean? Come on...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2009   #63
Brenz

Windows 7 32-bit
 
 

I have to say the worst part of MW2 for me so far was Steam attempting to install it. In fact I completed the single player game faster than it installed :@

I think its a terrible choice for such a popular game, the servers were terrible for downloading and just kept telling me they weren't available -.-

Brendan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Nov 2009   #64
DarkXeno

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
I have to say the worst part of MW2 for me so far was Steam attempting to install it. In fact I completed the single player game faster than it installed :@

I think its a terrible choice for such a popular game, the servers were terrible for downloading and just kept telling me they weren't available -.-

Brendan
Steam does get over worked when a popular game comes out on it, sometimes the just dont think ahead of time for those things.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #65
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

True, but since i already have steam installed, its not a problem, but the no lean and no dedicated servers really ticks me off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #66
sotorious

windows 7 professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
True, but since i already have steam installed, its not a problem, but the no lean and no dedicated servers really ticks me off.
you never know maybe later on down the road they may add it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2009   #67
DarkXeno

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
True, but since i already have steam installed, its not a problem, but the no lean and no dedicated servers really ticks me off.
you never know maybe later on down the road they may add it.
Very slim on those odds, just look at the cash they brought in in the first week.
Thats all IW will look at there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2009   #68
The Apathetic

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I just played MW2 and it worked just fine, very smoothly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2009   #69
hanksta2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Static View Post
Leaning is amazingly fun because you can conceal a whole ton of your body. Especially for single player, let alone multi. Especially if you can find a nice spot where your head blends into the background of some boxes etc.

And even with the "Im aiming for your head" wannabe comment, it is ALWAYS and INFINITELY better to be showing less of your body.
Wannabe? It's just fact. I always aim for the head. 90% of the time when someone thinks they're hidden, the top of their head is showing, and that's where I cap 'em. Leaning players are hilarious because they think it's sneaky, but it's really no different than a quick strafe.

Now, I don't know why they took the lean out--it really makes no sense. If players feel more comfortable leaning, then let them. It almost seems like they just forgot!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2009   #70
liamdawe

 
 

They said they didn't balance the game for leaning, so they took it out.

I only ever used it a few times, but i can see why it might be usefull.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 - Blue screen upon Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 startup
When I start CoD MW3 on my computer, I'm getting blue screen and a restart. Would love help, it's annoying to buy a game you can't play :/ Thanks forward.
Gaming
BSOD playing Call of duty: Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2
Hello guys, i got a BSOD, got it many times in a row, i think it's my ATI drivers, but i'm not sure, could you check it and tell me how to fix? It's just restarting after a while of playing, after that it's turning on telling me that windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, after it dumped...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 3... First Look
I would have liked to have seen a trailer or action scene but I guess this will have to do for now... :D I thought we were going to Russia to kick some ass but I guess New York has paid money to become the center of all attacks... including Aliens and such. All we need now is for GFRS to be in...
Gaming
Modern Warfare
Is there a patch released to get this working with WIN7? game either stutters or crashes... same with Fifa10 such a shame I have Win 7 Ultimate running without any problems but have to go back to XP just to play these games :(
Gaming
Modern Warfare 2
It seems that I get the BSOD the most when I am trying to run a game through the Steam application. Also when I try and use video recording software while playing this game. My drivers are up to date, and I have attached a DxDiag for anyone to view if it helps. Once in a while I will get it...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 2
Something else to look forward to this year.... nlb2m8NqE34
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App