Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7

16 Nov 2009   #81
Cr00zng

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, OSX El Capitan, Windows 10 (VMware)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hanksta2 View Post
I'd uninstall the game and reinstall it. It looks like you installed the game in the wrong language.
I'd reinstall it tonight, hopefully, it'll fix it...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Nov 2009   #82
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
When the game starts up there's no issue with the font. I've tried different resolutions but the only thing changed is the color of the small rectangles and the colored dots within them.
I take it your sound, video and monitor drivers are up to date?

Please don't say yes for the sake of saying yes. If they are, post the version of the drivers... just to make me feel better

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hanksta2 View Post
I'd uninstall the game and reinstall it. It looks like you installed the game in the wrong language.
I'd reinstall it tonight, hopefully, it'll fix it...
+1 on the complete unintall and fresh install... make sure you have chosen the correct language is also important.

Good Luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #83
Cr00zng

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, OSX El Capitan, Windows 10 (VMware)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
I take it your sound, video and monitor drivers are up to date?

Please don't say yes for the sake of saying yes. If they are, post the version of the drivers... just to make me feel better
That's the first thing I've checked and did download and install the latest driver version from ATI/AMD; that didn't get rid of the problems with the font. I am at work, don't have the exact version number handy.
Quote:
+1 on the complete unintall and fresh install... make sure you have chosen the correct language is also important.
Good Luck
The "English" or default language had been chosen to install MW2. There is some text available at the very beginning when the game loads, pretty much right after the IW logo, and that is in English. Even the initial load screen for the training is in English.

Since I have my machine quad booting with other Windows OSes, I could run the setup in another Windows box on the same machine. It'll probably be cleaner and faster. Although the Steam based installation really takes time and not sure how long the uninstall would take?
Thanks...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Nov 2009   #84
cloud8521

 

uninstall with steam is faster then lightning XD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #85
hanksta2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Strange. It looks exactly like text that you don't have the language pack installed for.

Also, it would make sense that the first screen after the IW logo is in english. That's the copyright page--and that's always in english.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #86
cloud8521

 

what language is he trying to install anyway, that's sure as hell not English XD
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #87
Cr00zng

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, OSX El Capitan, Windows 10 (VMware)
 
 

That's a good thing if uninstall with Steam is fast; will it remove registry settings and the actual files as well?

After the copyright notice the only text that I see could be part of the image. Such as when the training level starts there's an image with the Moscow and other mambo-jambo in English.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #88
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
That's a good thing if uninstall with Steam is fast; will it remove registry settings and the actual files as well?

After the copyright notice the only text that I see could be part of the image. Such as when the training level starts there's an image with the Moscow and other mambo-jambo in English.
accually, games with steam dont install registry objects, they all run within steam. i think
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #89
Cr00zng

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, OSX El Capitan, Windows 10 (VMware)
 
 

[quote=cloud8521;384694]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
accually, games with steam dont install registry objects, they all run within steam. i think
Well, I do know that there's no MW2 folder on its own, despite I've purchased a DVD copy of MW2. The Steam folder on the other hand is about 13 GBs that includes L4D2 demo as well. I am not sure how the game interacts with the system without registry settings, maybe it goes through the Steam process that interacts with the system. I'll see it soon enough.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2009   #90
cloud8521

 

[quote=Cr00zng;384799]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cr00zng View Post
accually, games with steam dont install registry objects, they all run within steam. i think
Well, I do know that there's no MW2 folder on its own, despite I've purchased a DVD copy of MW2. The Steam folder on the other hand is about 13 GBs that includes L4D2 demo as well. I am not sure how the game interacts with the system without registry settings, maybe it goes through the Steam process that interacts with the system. I'll see it soon enough.
they install everything into sub folders

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Modern Warfare 2 and Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 - Blue screen upon Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 startup
When I start CoD MW3 on my computer, I'm getting blue screen and a restart. Would love help, it's annoying to buy a game you can't play :/ Thanks forward.
Gaming
BSOD playing Call of duty: Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare 2
Hello guys, i got a BSOD, got it many times in a row, i think it's my ATI drivers, but i'm not sure, could you check it and tell me how to fix? It's just restarting after a while of playing, after that it's turning on telling me that windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, after it dumped...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 3... First Look
I would have liked to have seen a trailer or action scene but I guess this will have to do for now... :D I thought we were going to Russia to kick some ass but I guess New York has paid money to become the center of all attacks... including Aliens and such. All we need now is for GFRS to be in...
Gaming
Modern Warfare
Is there a patch released to get this working with WIN7? game either stutters or crashes... same with Fifa10 such a shame I have Win 7 Ultimate running without any problems but have to go back to XP just to play these games :(
Gaming
Modern Warfare 2
It seems that I get the BSOD the most when I am trying to run a game through the Steam application. Also when I try and use video recording software while playing this game. My drivers are up to date, and I have attached a DxDiag for anyone to view if it helps. Once in a while I will get it...
BSOD Help and Support
Modern Warfare 2
Something else to look forward to this year.... nlb2m8NqE34
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App