Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Games Are You Playing?

11 May 2011   #1231
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Some guy in my country is selling his copy of GTA IV for $10. I tried this game way back when I had a crappy PC. Maybe I'll get it and give it shot now. I love RPGs and realistic ones at that. I also see that there's a good modding community.

Let's see what'll happen.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 May 2011   #1232
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Some guy in my country is selling his copy of GTA IV for $10. I tried this game way back when I had a crappy PC. Maybe I'll get it and give it shot now. I love RPGs and realistic ones at that. I also see that there's a good modding community.

Let's see what'll happen.
There's been quite a lot of patches that have improved performance here and there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2011   #1233
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

I went and got the original Portal yesterday, as it was going for 10 in Morrisons, I have to say, I don't see what the fuss is about. I have had it less than a day, and have pretty much finished it already. Although there were a couple of difficult puzzles, generally I have found it quite easy so far =/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 May 2011   #1234
Everlong

 

That was the main problem with Portal 1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2011   #1235
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Some guy in my country is selling his copy of GTA IV for $10. I tried this game way back when I had a crappy PC. Maybe I'll get it and give it shot now. I love RPGs and realistic ones at that. I also see that there's a good modding community.

Let's see what'll happen.
There's been quite a lot of patches that have improved performance here and there.
Yes, I heard that even Dual Core processors are able to tun this quite smoothly now.

Have you played through the game? Was it a good experience?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2011   #1236
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Some guy in my country is selling his copy of GTA IV for $10. I tried this game way back when I had a crappy PC. Maybe I'll get it and give it shot now. I love RPGs and realistic ones at that. I also see that there's a good modding community.

Let's see what'll happen.
There's been quite a lot of patches that have improved performance here and there.
Yes, I heard that even Dual Core processors are able to tun this quite smoothly now.

Have you played through the game? Was it a good experience?
If your PC can run it well then it's a decent game. I enjoyed playing it. I played it when it first came out when I had a dual core and it was pretty sluggish in a lot of places. Now with a quad core, and all the patches it runs smooth and is a lot more fun to play.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2011   #1237
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post

There's been quite a lot of patches that have improved performance here and there.
Yes, I heard that even Dual Core processors are able to tun this quite smoothly now.

Have you played through the game? Was it a good experience?
If your PC can run it well then it's a decent game. I enjoyed playing it. I played it when it first came out when I had a dual core and it was pretty sluggish in a lot of places. Now with a quad core, and all the patches it runs smooth and is a lot more fun to play.
Thanks for the info! Hopefully I get time to buy and play it soon.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2011   #1238
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
I went and got the original Portal yesterday, as it was going for 10 in Morrisons, I have to say, I don't see what the fuss is about. I have had it less than a day, and have pretty much finished it already. Although there were a couple of difficult puzzles, generally I have found it quite easy so far =/
That's like any other game on the market.... some people find them amazing while others find them meh.

At any rate I don't know if you finished the game yet or not but if you feel Portal 1 was/is easy, Portal 2 is a cakewalk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2011   #1239
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
I went and got the original Portal yesterday, as it was going for 10 in Morrisons, I have to say, I don't see what the fuss is about. I have had it less than a day, and have pretty much finished it already. Although there were a couple of difficult puzzles, generally I have found it quite easy so far =/
That's like any other game on the market.... some people find them amazing while others find them meh.

At any rate if you feel Portal 1 was easy, Portal 2 is a cakewalk.
It just seemed to me all of the puzzles were solved in the same 3 ways, you either just opened portal A, opened portal B and walked through, you figured out how to get the energy pellet into the catcher thing, or you dropped down a big hole into a portal to catapult yourself over the obstacle. Once you've figured out how to do it once, then it's pretty much the same all over. I admit the last couple of levels were a little more challenging, but it just seemed that 90% of the game was tutorial, and then finally you get to the real game, and it's over.

Thanks for the heads up, I actually got it because I was thinking of buying Portal 2, but I think I'll give it a miss.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2011   #1240
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Your call.

Though I thought the puzzles were easy there are some really cool level designs and overall the game is a lot of fun game. Check this review out before making the final decision - Portal 2 review | PC Gamer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What Games Are You Playing?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing some games/recently playing FIFA World
The title speaks for itself, i have dump files listed below, and i would really like to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD When playing games and playing flash player.
Hello guys. So here is my issue i dont really know how to specific it further then this still hope it will help. I have been getting BSOD for a while now and it's getting to the point i cant do a single thing on the computer. I did the config for dumps and so on and ended up with this RAR file...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games
Hello all, I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F
I just updated and rebuilt my PC and have reinstalled Win 7 64 bit and am constantly getting a BSOD while using the PC. Specifically while downloading/installing/playing games. I have also had the error occur just while surfing the internet. From the program Blue Screen Viewer it seems to...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )
Hi Guys, I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Playing various games, closing games, no overheating.
Hello, first time poster looking for help as I can't diagnose my issue after trying numerous things. Currently when I play a game the BSOD happens randomly, I can go a whole day without it, or it can happen frequently. It happens the most when I close or exit a game, then it'll kick to a blue...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App