Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Games Are You Playing?

11 Jul 2011   #1541
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

As do most other people who played it


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jul 2011   #1542
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Amnesia, I remember the fear and anxiety playing it. That game is incredible. The most immersive game I've ever played.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2011   #1543
Trucidation

 

You know... as recently as 2 weeks ago I would be waxing lyrical on the gargantuan Lilith mod for Titan Quest - not so much a mod as a total game makeover. New maps - the entire game world is replaced - new quests, new items... then grab one of the masteries mods and you've basically got yourself an entirely new game: it adds more than the official expansion Immortal Throne that it's practically a sequel.

Then I came across Terraria when a friend purchased it.

At first glance I thought it was just another crummy Flash-like game but I decided to give it a try since I have a soft spot for retro-looking stuff anyway. 3 minutes turned into half an hour, which then turned into an all-nighter - much to the annoyance of said friend, and I turned up at the office the next day in the same clothes, lmao.

Needless to say I quickly bought my own copy (get it on Steam) - I'm hooked. Like an addict on crack. I've stopped playing all those flashy high-def games with movies and cutscenes and voiceovers and all that bling just to play this little 2D thing.

What Games Are You Playing?-terraria-collage.png

Check out the official wiki for some starting out tips. Get the game from Steam, it'll be the best $20 (or less if the discount is still going) you'll ever spend. (Unless you're the type who likes all that flashy junk I mentioned earlier in your games.)

And it's got multiplayer - I'm not really a fan of mp, but I can see how it's a big deal for certain types of players. You can host your own server and select the player limit. Team up coop or pvp.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a botched gold ore mining operation to salvage. Had to ditch it earlier and hightail it back to base when the zombies started battering down my fortress doors and eating the NPCs...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jul 2011   #1544
Everlong

 

Finished Portal 2. Took me about 8 hours, which is what most places were saying length wise. Loved every minute of it. Some of the tests really made me think about it, and the ending was very unexpected, lol.

Waiting for a friend to finish it, too, then we're gonna try co-op.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #1545
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

+1
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #1546
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Finished Portal 2. Took me about 8 hours, which is what most places were saying length wise. Loved every minute of it. Some of the tests really made me think about it, and the ending was very unexpected, lol.

Waiting for a friend to finish it, too, then we're gonna try co-op.
Yeah Portal 2 is a great game, I just didn't think it was worth (and didn't pay) $50 bucks. Great game though, and I absolutely loved the puzzles, and ending.

My only complaint was I thought the graphics weren't any better than Portal 1, which was released in 2007
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #1547
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Finished Portal 2. Took me about 8 hours, which is what most places were saying length wise. Loved every minute of it. Some of the tests really made me think about it, and the ending was very unexpected, lol.

Waiting for a friend to finish it, too, then we're gonna try co-op.
Yeah Portal 2 is a great game, I just didn't think it was worth (and didn't pay) $50 bucks. Great game though, and I absolutely loved the puzzles, and ending.

My only complaint was I thought the graphics weren't any better than Portal 1, which was released in 2007
Yea I wouldn't pay full price for it, but think it was worth the 50% off in the sale, lol.

I think there's subtle differences with the graphics too with the smaller updates the Source engine has had since 2007, such as larger scale physics, more advanced water etc etc. It's the downside to the Source engine though; it doesn't get as many updates as it should like it's still on DX9
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #1548
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I think there's subtle differences with the graphics too with the smaller updates the Source engine has had since 2007, such as larger scale physics, more advanced water etc etc. It's the downside to the Source engine though; it doesn't get as many updates as it should like it's still on DX9
Hmm, maybe.

One thing I will say about the source engine is that it never strains systems.

And it's not like the graphics are bad, they just look a tad dated, but to be honest I've seen worst, even in some of today's games
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #1549
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
And it's not like the graphics are bad, they just look a tad dated, but to be honest I've seen worst, even in some of today's games
+1

Back in the day when HL2 was released, Source was THE gaming engine! And I still love it to this day, no matter what games I play.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #1550
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gornot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
And it's not like the graphics are bad, they just look a tad dated, but to be honest I've seen worst, even in some of today's games
+1

Back in the day when HL2 was released, Source was THE gaming engine! And I still love it to this day, no matter what games I play.
Yea I'm not saying anything bad about it. It's one of my, if not, favourite engines and I love the graphics on it and love the physics as well. Like Sygnus said it's really easy going on any system, even low end ones can manage to run games, but it would have been nice for a bit more of a graphic increase for a major game like Portal 2.

And yea back when HL2 was released I was blown away completely by Source. Took me so long to complete it as I just examined everything possible, lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What Games Are You Playing?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing some games/recently playing FIFA World
The title speaks for itself, i have dump files listed below, and i would really like to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD When playing games and playing flash player.
Hello guys. So here is my issue i dont really know how to specific it further then this still hope it will help. I have been getting BSOD for a while now and it's getting to the point i cant do a single thing on the computer. I did the config for dumps and so on and ended up with this RAR file...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games
Hello all, I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F
I just updated and rebuilt my PC and have reinstalled Win 7 64 bit and am constantly getting a BSOD while using the PC. Specifically while downloading/installing/playing games. I have also had the error occur just while surfing the internet. From the program Blue Screen Viewer it seems to...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )
Hi Guys, I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Playing various games, closing games, no overheating.
Hello, first time poster looking for help as I can't diagnose my issue after trying numerous things. Currently when I play a game the BSOD happens randomly, I can go a whole day without it, or it can happen frequently. It happens the most when I close or exit a game, then it'll kick to a blue...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App