Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Does windows 7 support 1280 x 1024

07 Dec 2009   #21
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
how do i find that out? well it came with my laptop i did not install it, if that is what you are asking
eh you never can. they are all on the main board. they cant be upgraded without fully removing it first


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Dec 2009   #22
Turbo Turtle

Windows 7
 
 

oh well i guess there is no solution to this

thank you for trying..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #23
GatoSoft

@Home/Work: Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
 
 

Just one question that can maybe let me help you: What's the native/max resolution on your laptop?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Dec 2009   #24
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GatoSoft View Post
Just one question that can maybe let me help you: What's the native/max resolution on your laptop?
from what i can find about his computer (based on the driver he said he downloaded).... wait for it


1366x768..... so i think its his computers fault not windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #25
GatoSoft

@Home/Work: Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
 
 

Obviously Windows 7 is not the proble at all. If it was Windows 7 problem, so I was living in a parallel dimension, 'cause I was using until a couple months ago my previous monitor, an "square-shaped" 19 inches @ 1280x1024 without problems until I got my actual Samsung T260 (26" VGA/DVI/HDMI @ 1920x1200).
Anyway, now that I know that the resolution of that laptop is 1366x768, I think it's nearly impossible to that laptop's monitor to get 1280x1024. Why? Because screen height in pixels must be 1024 or more to get that resolution. In this case, max "square" resolution must be 1024x768 that fits "inside" 1366x768.
That's phisically talking. Maybe you were using some kind of strange custom/tweaked resolution that your old driver in Vista can reach letting you see the non-fitting areas of the screen panning through mouse movements.
For example, my notebook (Acer Aspire 4520) have an integrated nVIDIA GeForce 7000M that let me use custom screen resolutions. The monitor of my notebook have a max resolution of 1280x800 (16:10) and can use REAL 1024x768 without problems. But, if I want to use 1280x960 or 1280x1024, part of the desktop goes away out of the screen, using my mouse/touchpad cursor to pan up & down the desktop.
To get real 1280x1024 working you need at least a max resolution of 1680x1050 (in widescreen monitor, obviously). But, if you were using a custom resolution, panning the screen through mouse movements while in-game... I can say that you're a real hardcore gamer!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #26
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GatoSoft View Post
Obviously Windows 7 is not the proble at all. If it was Windows 7 problem, so I was living in a parallel dimension, 'cause I was using until a couple months ago my previous monitor, an "square-shaped" 19 inches @ 1280x1024 without problems until I got my actual Samsung T260 (26" VGA/DVI/HDMI @ 1920x1200).
Anyway, now that I know that the resolution of that laptop is 1366x768, I think it's nearly impossible to that laptop's monitor to get 1280x1024. Why? Because screen height in pixels must be 1024 or more to get that resolution. In this case, max "square" resolution must be 1024x768 that fits "inside" 1366x768.
That's phisically talking. Maybe you were using some kind of strange custom/tweaked resolution that your old driver in Vista can reach letting you see the non-fitting areas of the screen panning through mouse movements.
For example, my notebook (Acer Aspire 4520) have an integrated nVIDIA GeForce 7000M that let me use custom screen resolutions. The monitor of my notebook have a max resolution of 1280x800 (16:10) and can use REAL 1024x768 without problems. But, if I want to use 1280x960 or 1280x1024, part of the desktop goes away out of the screen, using my mouse/touchpad cursor to pan up & down the desktop.
To get real 1280x1024 working you need at least a max resolution of 1680x1050 (in widescreen monitor, obviously). But, if you were using a custom resolution, panning the screen through mouse movements while in-game... I can say that you're a real hardcore gamer!
hardcore? try INSANE (as in hardcorex2000) who the hell wants to play a game like that ;P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2009   #27
GatoSoft

@Home/Work: Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
hardcore? try INSANE (as in hardcorex2000) who the hell wants to play a game like that ;P
I never played or will play a game using that kind of configuration but... after watching people using the vertical NDS emulator... maximized at widescreen resolution...not mentioning unlimited atrocities of nature that some people that I know do when they play games...
That's why I think that people who play like that could be "just" hardcore gamers, because I've seen worst.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2009   #28
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GatoSoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
hardcore? try INSANE (as in hardcorex2000) who the hell wants to play a game like that ;P
I never played or will play a game using that kind of configuration but... after watching people using the vertical NDS emulator... maximized at widescreen resolution...not mentioning unlimited atrocities of nature that some people that I know do when they play games...
That's why I think that people who play like that could be "just" hardcore gamers, because I've seen worst.
i seeeeeee .... still insane
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2009   #29
Turbo Turtle

Windows 7
 
 

I See what you are saying, thank you. But it is weird that I could play in that resolution before and now I can not... but I have gotten acustomed to the new resolution wich is not that different
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Does windows 7 support 1280 x 1024




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Win 7 64 bit & Epson 1280
I have a rather ancient 1280 attached to my ZT win 7, 64 bit computer and all is well with it but there is a problem pertaining to another computer that I own. I also have as my secondary computer an HP Pavillion HPE and I also had wanted to be able to print from this computer as well. I looked...
Hardware & Devices
Hp Pavilion dv5000 Windows 7 32bit stuck in 1024 X 768 reso
Pretty much the thread topic..upgraded from XP to 7 today and can't seem to up my resolution. Tried updating the drivers but they all say up to date. Went to HP's site to try and update the drivers but there's no option for Windows 7..just XP and Vista :( naturally lol but yeah just trying to...
Graphic Cards
HP Deskjet 1280
Hi, i'm having trouble installing my HP Deskjet 1280 on windows 7, I have previously installed it on Vista with no problems, however now I seem to be having problems. I do have the install Cd, but when inserted it gives me an error message saying to use the "add printer" option in controll...
Drivers
HP 1280 Printer
I'm looking for a driver for this printer running on Windows7 Ultimate. Can anybody help:confused:
Drivers
hp 1280 printer
Hi All, Can anyone point me in the right direction with regard to the installation of my HP1280 printer which worked absolutely OK on XP. I have downloaded driver updates, but my new Win7 64 doesn't see it as connected. I would point out that I am a bit of a "luddite" when it comes to...
Hardware & Devices
Stuck at 1280 x 1024 Resolution
Hello Folks Im trying to reach 1920 x 1080 resolution again, as before I was using Windows XP I was able to do this and it was fantastic. Recently ive switched OS to Windows 7(64 bit) All in all im very impressed with this OS except for this issue. Ive searched and searched for a...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:27.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App