Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Horrible Framerate (OFFLINE GAMES)

24 Dec 2009   #11
Windows i7 920

Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post

Uhh, JUST 200 dollars? You dads a senator or something?
No. In the gaming world $200 is not much, especially at a time when games are on average releasing for close to $50-$60 per title. And I earn my own money. My computer cost me $1680 for the tower and $170 for the monitor.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Dec 2009   #12
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post

Uhh, JUST 200 dollars? You dads a senator or something?
No. In the gaming world $200 is not much, especially at a time when games are on average releasing for close to $50-$60 per title. And I earn my own money. My computer cost me $1680 for the tower and $170 for the monitor.
Agreed. You play games, you need a system with balls - you don't need flashy RAM or other parts, a 4GB kit of Kingston Value RAM DDR3 1333MHz w/ CAS 9-9-9-24 is enough, but all the parts need to work together in a long chain - and for that a 4890 is perfect, otherwise a 5850 or above. Also, spend more on the PSU and case - your parts need enough well-positioned air and a solid supply of power with low ripple across the lines.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2009   #13
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post

Uhh, JUST 200 dollars? You dads a senator or something?
No. In the gaming world $200 is not much, especially at a time when games are on average releasing for close to $50-$60 per title. And I earn my own money. My computer cost me $1680 for the tower and $170 for the monitor.
Agreed. You play games, you need a system with balls - you don't need flashy RAM or other parts, a 4GB kit of Kingston Value RAM DDR3 1333MHz w/ CAS 9-9-9-24 is enough, but all the parts need to work together in a long chain - and for that a 4890 is perfect, otherwise a 5850 or above. Also, spend more on the PSU and case - your parts need enough well-positioned air and a solid supply of power with low ripple across the lines.
Still, if its 200 $ for a graphics card for you, think of what a african kid living on the streets can do with 200 $?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Dec 2009   #14
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Windows i7 920 View Post

No. In the gaming world $200 is not much, especially at a time when games are on average releasing for close to $50-$60 per title. And I earn my own money. My computer cost me $1680 for the tower and $170 for the monitor.
Agreed. You play games, you need a system with balls - you don't need flashy RAM or other parts, a 4GB kit of Kingston Value RAM DDR3 1333MHz w/ CAS 9-9-9-24 is enough, but all the parts need to work together in a long chain - and for that a 4890 is perfect, otherwise a 5850 or above. Also, spend more on the PSU and case - your parts need enough well-positioned air and a solid supply of power with low ripple across the lines.
Still, if its 200 $ for a graphics card for you, think of what a african kid living on the streets can do with 200 $?
That's irrelevent and so is this - you could buy some African countries for $200. Stick to the thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2009   #15
dave1812

Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post

Uhh, JUST 200 dollars? You dads a senator or something?
You mean a back-room dealing crook, looking out for number one?

What has someone's parent's occupation got to do with the price of a video card, anyway??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2009   #16
kurahk7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

As for the graphics card, I would recommend a ATI Radeon HD4650/70, or the Nvidia GeForce gt240. These are all budget cards that offer very good performance for the price.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2009   #17
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post
As for the graphics card, I would recommend a ATI Radeon HD4650/70, or the Nvidia GeForce gt240. These are all budget cards that offer very good performance for the price.
Not at resolutions that count - 1920x1080 - those cards would crack. There really is no such thing as a "budget" gaming card if you want even standard performance. If you play at 1280x1024 just about, if not . . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #18
JDMeister

Windows 7
 
 

hey, i have a geforce 9100 and when i try to play borderlands (offline) i can't put good graphics on or else it starts to get really laggy. do i need a better videocard or is it some problem with windows 7? the required specs are only a geforce 7 series....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #19
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JDMeister View Post
hey, i have a geforce 9100 and when i try to play borderlands (offline) i can't put good graphics on or else it starts to get really laggy. do i need a better videocard or is it some problem with windows 7? the required specs are only a geforce 7 series....
yes, you need a better graphics card, your one is just not enough. Soorryy

Also, other ppl that criticised me of my comment, im sorry if i insaulted your capitalist/PNAC values.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Horrible Framerate (OFFLINE GAMES)




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Free OFFLINE/pc GAMES to play: do you have?
my life is boring without PC games. :)) i want to know PC games for free ( i demand an OFFLINE GAME). please give me a list of nice OFFLINE GAMES that are downloadable from the net. AND IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE PROVIDE ME A LINK OF THESE GAMES. THANKS.
Gaming
Horrible mouse lag/stuttering full screen games
Hey there, new to the forums and hoping for a hand I am experiencing mouse lag/stuttering in a few games recently, however this only occurs when looking around in a game. The two games that currently do this, are Borderlands 2 and BRINK, however I believe more do which I have not found. I know...
Gaming
EA Games and thier horrible customer service.
So I had a copy of SimCity box ship to me with a defective disk about 3 months ago. I ran through a gauntlet of customer service and finally ended up at EA games. The guy on chat support tried his best, but in the end had to concede that the game was defective. He gave me a discount code for my...
Gaming
ATI Radeon, Horrible Artifacts in 3D Games
Hello! Background : Running Windows 7 x64 using a Radeon HD 6970. I am experiencing horrible artifacts in 3D Games. Issues are not present in any form under Windows, watching a video, etc. Only in games. (Tested in Crysis 2, World of Warcraft, Dirt 2) I've already uninstalled Catalyst 11.9...
Graphic Cards
Lag spikes on all offline games please help!
I am lagging on all offline games after 3-5 minutes of playing and then stops after about 3-5 minutes makeing it stupid to try playing any games whatsoever this happens with graphics settings set to absolute minimal I have tried everything possible to fix this and then 3 days ago I completely...
Gaming
Old Games (DX9, DX8) do not run when offline
Hello. I got my Windows 7 Pro x64 from MSDN AA and I'm very happy with it. But last month or two I cannot run older games which run on DirectX 9 or 8 when not connected to the internet. I'm using Win 7 Pro 64-bit with all the updates from Windows Update. When my laptop is connected to the internet...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:21.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App