Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Best game recording device?

21 Dec 2009   #11
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LeNger View Post
I never tried X-fire, would you put it over fraps?
well its free and useful for many things that in itself makes it better XD


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Dec 2009   #12
Andrew303

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

I would go with the Full version of FRAPS, its the best for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #13
str4w

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

COD and Steamgames should be recorded through demo tools - you can record scenes with 1000fps in highest quality

heres a little clip I made from a clanwar in css

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ENs20Lq-bA
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Dec 2009   #14
LeNger

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by str4w View Post
COD and Steamgames should be recorded through demo tools - you can record scenes with 1000fps in highest quality

heres a little clip I made from a clanwar in css

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ENs20Lq-bA
What about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #15
Nikolay

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Windows XP Pro x86 | Windows Vista Ultimate x86
 
 

Fraps works best for me, the only problem with it is that it doesn't compress your video files. You can easily compress them with windows live movie maker and it doesn't ruin the quality either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2009   #16
str4w

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LeNger View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by str4w View Post
COD and Steamgames should be recorded through demo tools - you can record scenes with 1000fps in highest quality

heres a little clip I made from a clanwar in css

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ENs20Lq-bA
What about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2???
I dont know about MW2 but the first one you recorded your demos and played it with Seismovision (works also with rtcw, quake wars, quake, sof2,doom,cs,....)
if cod mw2 demos are still in .dm1 format it should work as well, besides they finally added some movie tools like in cs/css
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2009   #17
LeNger

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by str4w View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LeNger View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by str4w View Post
COD and Steamgames should be recorded through demo tools - you can record scenes with 1000fps in highest quality

heres a little clip I made from a clanwar in css

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ENs20Lq-bA
What about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2???
I dont know about MW2 but the first one you recorded your demos and played it with Seismovision (works also with rtcw, quake wars, quake, sof2,doom,cs,....)
if cod mw2 demos are still in .dm1 format it should work as well, besides they finally added some movie tools like in cs/css
Dude, I've played CS:s for 3 years now, and I know about demos. But the point is that idk how to get the console in MW2 since Infinity wards is new to Steam Powers!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2009   #18
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I use this: ( WM Capture - Super High Quality Video Recorder ). Works really well but costs $40 (for life). Try the trial version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #19
burger

Windows 7 Pro x64 Build 7600
 
 

Guess you can try and use clone mode in your video card settings and send the signal to a recorder device or another comp.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #20
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tommyd View Post
I don't like FRAPS that much, I have the trial version, and tried to use it on L4D2, my FPS went from 55-60 to <20 when I hit the record button.
Maybe the full version is better, but I was still disappointed.
I'am certain that the Op asked for a good game recorder program and I gave it to him. IMO all of these game recorders can slow the fps to a certain extent. Anyone who tried them before and had any knowledge on the subject would already know this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Best game recording device?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
no recording device
I'm missing an installed recording device. I have three disabled/disconnected devices (two microphones and a line-in). What do I need to install to record streaming audio?
Sound & Audio
Good game recording software?
Does anyone know of a good program I could use to record gameplay, that won't murder my framerate? I'd prefer a program that has a free version at least so I can try it out. But anything that will record good without slaughtering FPS works for me.
Gaming
Can't set default recording device :|
I can't set stereo mix as a default recording device. It always changes back to microphone when I reboot my system. Any help guys? http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6884/123ach.jpg
Sound & Audio
No audio recording device
I am running the following motherboard: Asus AT3GC-I which has the VIA VT 1705 6 -Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC device. Windows does not find the microphone. When I connect a logitech webcam, the camera and mic show in device manager but the MIC is not shown under "Recording Devices" ...
Sound & Audio
No recording device found
Have just bought an ACER Aspire Timeline 5810TG laptop which came with vista but I installed Windows 7 home premium upgrade 32 bit. Everything works except the microphone, I get the message "No recording device found" even though the device manager says the microphone is working correctly. ...
Sound & Audio
Game Recording
Can anyone recommend a game recorder? I currently use Livestream - Broadcast LIVE streaming video but I'd like one that I don't have to upload to record. Like fraps(but free or cheap{I currently have no money :p}). I know there are plenty of "Free" game recorders but they all leave a watermark....
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App