Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Left 4 Dead c++ Runtime problem

26 Dec 2009   #1
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 
Left 4 Dead c++ Runtime problem

I have Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on my desktop and it won't load up for some reason. It crashed when I see the Left 4 Dead loading screen before the main menu. It could be because of the following.

1. Steamcloud using the video setting from my laptop and applying them on the desktop.
2. Permissions need changed.
3. C++ runtime needs fixed.
4. Something else.

I have a:

AMD 64 3500+
1GB RAM
GTS 250
Windows 7 x86 Pro
latest GPU drivers

Can anyone help?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Dec 2009   #2
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
I have Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on my desktop and it won't load up for some reason. It crashed when I see the Left 4 Dead loading screen before the main menu. It could be because of the following.

1. Steamcloud using the video setting from my laptop and applying them on the desktop.
2. Permissions need changed.
3. C++ runtime needs fixed.
4. Something else.

I have a:

AMD 64 3500+
1GB RAM
GTS 250
Windows 7 x86 Pro
latest GPU drivers

Can anyone help?
Did they use to work and suddenly stopped or just never did work. You have only 1gb RAM, are you sure its enough?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2009   #3
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I have both Windows XP and Windows 7 in my PC. It works fine in XP but just not on Win 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Dec 2009   #4
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
I have both Windows XP and Windows 7 in my PC. It works fine in XP but just not on Win 7.
Alright, any it suddenly stopped working in seven? I assume you've updated the drivers n' stuff?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #5
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
I have both Windows XP and Windows 7 in my PC. It works fine in XP but just not on Win 7.
Alright, any it suddenly stopped working in seven? I assume you've updated the drivers n' stuff?
I'm installing Mirosoft Visual Studio 2008 to see if that add the c++ files that are needed. Failing that I'll try other graphics drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #6
roy69

Windows 7 64bit home premium
 
 

How much ram do you have free after loading Windows 7, XP has a much lower footprint and this could be the difference.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #7
QuackPot

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roy69 View Post
How much ram do you have free after loading Windows 7, XP has a much lower footprint and this could be the difference.
Win 7 has more free ram than on XP. Other games such as Grid play fine in both OS's but it just seems to be left 4 dead 1 & 2 that are the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2010   #8
vonvamp

windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

hi i have the c++ problem i cant join servers whit others course the "runtime for c++ is being moddefied in a adnormal way" and haves too shut down help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Left 4 Dead c++ Runtime problem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
left 4 dead 2
does any 1 play this on steam? i think much people cant play it (say if im wrong) but i heard you need a verry good videocard (i got NVIDEA GTX550)
Gaming
Left 4 Dead 2 install problem! (no autorun.exe)
Hi a few hours ago I bought a retail copy of Left 4 Dead 2 and went to install it, the autorun only allowed me to view files rather than starting the install so I clicked the setup which installs Steam then registered the game but, then its downloading the full bloody game when I've got the disc...
Gaming
left 4 dead 2 won't run
My problem sounds similar to the guy w/ the mac. I bought a new HP gaming system. Specs: HPE-170f 9GB Memory Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz Video Card: GeForce GTX 260, Memory 1.75 GB Installed steam and L4D2. Won't boot, but doesn't crash. Completely reloaded...
Gaming
Left 4 Dead and CS2 lag
Hi, I have been experiencing lags on my Laptop for Left 4 Dead and CS2. Specs: ACER Aspire 4715 Pentium Dual Core 1GB RAM m965 chipset Windows7 Ultimate I did not have problems with CS2 when I had WinXP but with Windows7, I have some lagging issues. I cannot compare that of left 4 dead...
Gaming
Left 4 Dead on Win 7
Hi SevenForums. In vista I had L4D 1 running perfectly fine. In windows 7 it lags very much, also in singleplayer. I have windows 7 home premium 32 bit. Please help me
Gaming
Problem with Left 4 Dead
Hi, i am having a problem whith L4D i never tryed it on xp but i just installed it yesterday but when i click the launcher it tells me: Failed to create D3D device i was wondering since this is a windows 7 forum if u can help me Forgive me for my bad english. :D
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App