Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Emulators on Win 7 64 Bit

02 Mar 2010   #31
Intelly

Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit
 
 

How good/bad is the CPU? I won't really be using it for high-end games, so I don't see why it'd be important to have anything better than Core 2 Due 2.2.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Mar 2010   #32
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

2.2GHz is slow. You'd want 2.6GHz+, every extra cycle counts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #33
cloud8521

 

i know when i has a 2.4 it was slow, so i got a 3.1 and the game smoothed out just fine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Mar 2010   #34
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
i know when i has a 2.4 it was slow, so i got a 3.1 and the game smoothed out just fine
Agreed, although clock speed is only one part. You also need cache - you have 6MB L3 - and architecture. The Phenom 550 has the right extensions and pipeline. I would know - I have the same CPU in my gaming system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #35
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
i know when i has a 2.4 it was slow, so i got a 3.1 and the game smoothed out just fine
Agreed, although clock speed is only one part. You also need cache - you have 6MB L3 - and architecture. The Phenom 550 has the right extensions and pipeline. I would know - I have the same CPU in my gaming system.
yes thats true too, plus unlocking it doesn't hurt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #36
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
i know when i has a 2.4 it was slow, so i got a 3.1 and the game smoothed out just fine
Agreed, although clock speed is only one part. You also need cache - you have 6MB L3 - and architecture. The Phenom 550 has the right extensions and pipeline. I would know - I have the same CPU in my gaming system.
yes thats true too, plus unlocking it doesn't hurt
I can't be bothered. I'll upgrade to quad or six core instead if I want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #37
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post

Agreed, although clock speed is only one part. You also need cache - you have 6MB L3 - and architecture. The Phenom 550 has the right extensions and pipeline. I would know - I have the same CPU in my gaming system.
yes thats true too, plus unlocking it doesn't hurt
I can't be bothered. I'll upgrade to quad or six core instead if I want.
its hardly a bother, it is essentially a quad only took me $25 and 2 changes in the bios, viola instant quad-core. no other changes on my part. i guess i am also poor lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #38
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
yes thats true too, plus unlocking it doesn't hurt
I can't be bothered. I'll upgrade to quad or six core instead if I want.
its hardly a bother, it is essentially a quad only took me $25 and 2 changes in the bios, viola instant quad-core. no other changes on my part. i guess i am also poor lol
LOL.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #39
cloud8521

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cloud8521 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post

I can't be bothered. I'll upgrade to quad or six core instead if I want.
its hardly a bother, it is essentially a quad only took me $25 and 2 changes in the bios, viola instant quad-core. no other changes on my part. i guess i am also poor lol
LOL.
well it would cost me 25$ for a new heat-sink if i wasn't poor all i can get is a tricore otherwise i run risk of overheat,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #40
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Overheating? Maybe.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Emulators on Win 7 64 Bit




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
What kind of emulators and games can I put on my Ipod classic 5th gen?
I would like to know what kind of emulators are supported with the Ipod classic 5th generation. I would also really like to know if there is a Super Nintendo emulator for the ipod classic 5th generation. Because this would be very cool and neat. And I wonder if there is a Playstation 1 emulator or...
Chillout Room
Best Emulators
I'm looking for a good emulator, and would like the opinion of the SevenForums people. What do you like as far as emulators? Thanks ~Joshua~
Software
emulators
Does anybody know a good website to download a playstation 1 emulator that supports windows 7 64 bit...........................THANKS
Gaming
Game Emulators
Does anybody know any good SNES emululator that works with W7 x64?
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App