Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Battlefield BC2

17 Mar 2010   #61
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
the biggest performance boost that i found was disabling 'hbao' (or whatever it's called), although inevitably you do lose some eye candy...
Ambient Occlusion always has a huge impact on performance



Quote:
i'm personally finding the graphics a little disappointing overall, especially the awful aa, and vsync doesn't seem to work too well either - i notice tearing whilst knifing, for example.
Yeah, the AA isn't implemented very well. As for the vsync issue, you can 'sort of' temporarily fix it by changing your resolution, then changing straight back. The downside is that you have to do it every time you start the game...



Quote:
it's not all bad though - it sure is a great game! - single player is fun, listening to the gang's conversations about god, death and brainwashing. there's also a couple of tongue-in-cheek comments about "sissies with snowmobiles and heartbeat sensors".
+1 Some of the banter/ conversations are hilarious.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Mar 2010   #62
synii78

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

Hmm so I finally got the game and enjoying it. However, I tried online for the 1st time tonight and I can't use any kits. No healing, ammo, etc. Anyone experience this? If so how do I fix it? Even after 3 different servers and 2 game restarts..nothing. Ping was low and didn't experience lag. Nothing happens if I press 3,4 (kits usage).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #63
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You need to play abit more to be able unlock all those items. Quick and easy way to see what is required to unlock them is to click on Multiplayer and then Weapons and Gadgets, from there you can see how many points (or what rank) is needed to unlock everything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Mar 2010   #64
synii78

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
You need to play abit more to be able unlock all those items. Quick and easy way to see what is required to unlock them is to click on Multiplayer and then Weapons and Gadgets, from there you can see how many points (or what rank) is needed to unlock everything.

Really? I don't remember doing this in beta when using the default kits. I don't think they even did this in part 1.

BTW...I'm not talking about the upgrades. Just the default gadgets given to play. And I'm playing on default settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #65
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

They may have been available in the beta right away, but everything started new (all stats from the beta were wiped) when the game came out and you have to unlock all those little bits (sucks playing medic and not being able to heal till you get it).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #66
WDAexodus

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Yeah, you start out with nothing but your noob guns. It doesn't take long to get your specializations unlocked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #67
WDAexodus

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mickey megabyte View Post
the biggest performance boost that i found was disabling 'hbao' (or whatever it's called), although inevitably you do lose some eye candy...
Ambient Occlusion always has a huge impact on performance



Quote:
i'm personally finding the graphics a little disappointing overall, especially the awful aa, and vsync doesn't seem to work too well either - i notice tearing whilst knifing, for example.
Yeah, the AA isn't implemented very well. As for the vsync issue, you can 'sort of' temporarily fix it by changing your resolution, then changing straight back. The downside is that you have to do it every time you start the game...



Quote:
it's not all bad though - it sure is a great game! - single player is fun, listening to the gang's conversations about god, death and brainwashing. there's also a couple of tongue-in-cheek comments about "sissies with snowmobiles and heartbeat sensors".
+1 Some of the banter/ conversations are hilarious.
I lost it the 1st time I heard one of the one-liner's that a soldier said. While a bit explicit it was funny.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #68
SleeStak

Windows 8 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by synii78 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
You need to play abit more to be able unlock all those items. Quick and easy way to see what is required to unlock them is to click on Multiplayer and then Weapons and Gadgets, from there you can see how many points (or what rank) is needed to unlock everything.

Really? I don't remember doing this in beta when using the default kits. I don't think they even did this in part 1.

BTW...I'm not talking about the upgrades. Just the default gadgets given to play. And I'm playing on default settings.
yea you have to get something around 1000-1500 points while playing the specific class (medic, engineer, assault) and then the medkit, repair tool, and ammo will become available to use

makes for some interesting times when you first play the classes and people are screaming for ammo and medkits and repairs but you can't help them
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #69
WDAexodus

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SleeStak View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by synii78 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
You need to play abit more to be able unlock all those items. Quick and easy way to see what is required to unlock them is to click on Multiplayer and then Weapons and Gadgets, from there you can see how many points (or what rank) is needed to unlock everything.

Really? I don't remember doing this in beta when using the default kits. I don't think they even did this in part 1.

BTW...I'm not talking about the upgrades. Just the default gadgets given to play. And I'm playing on default settings.
yea you have to get something around 1000-1500 points while playing the specific class (medic, engineer, assault) and then the medkit, repair tool, and ammo will become available to use

makes for some interesting times when you first play the classes and people are screaming for ammo and medkits and repairs but you can't help them

What's funny is when someone picks up a kit to find out there's no paddles or medpack.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #70
Fumz

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You guys feel free to stop by our server as we just threw it up: Sword of the Wolf.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Battlefield BC2




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Problem Playing Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142
Ok I just got a computer with Windows 7 on it, it's a Dell Gaming laptop and everything works fine on I except one thing, when I play Battlefield 2, or Battlefield 2142 in single player, It will sometimes lag, it's really bad on battlefield 2142 and I have graphics on low settings, I moded them...
Gaming
BSOD playing battlefield 3/battlefield 4 beta
I've made threads asking for help in the past and went back over them before posting here, but I'm kind of stuck again. I ran furmark without my gpu overheating/crashing, and I ran prime95 again without overheating/crashing. I haven't done any overclocking, and I ran 9 passes of memtest...
BSOD Help and Support
battlefield 3
Why are so many peps mad about bf3 premium I got it and love it and origan has worked good for me. just asking
Gaming
Battlefield 2 PC
I have found a shop that has got a few of the Battlefield series for PC. If I buy them will they work or will it end up like Call of Duty on Steam saying the serials numbers have already been used? Also are they single player or multiplayer?
Gaming
Battlefield 2
Hello, I'm new here, but i hope you can help me. When I play BF2 (online), my pc suddenly halts or my monitor turns off. Not always, but usually. What is this? Greet.:) ps( nVidia GeForce gtx 295)
Gaming
Battlefield bc2 can i run it?
Hi i wanted to know if i can play battlefield bad company 2 on my computer :) , my specs are: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255) System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC BIOS: Default System...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App