Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Online Gaming

28 Mar 2010   #11
Sanvean

Windows 7 Professional 64
 
 

Hi,
If the servers are half way around the world, not much can be done, but you can try this:
Reduce game network latency in Windows 7 or Vista Life & Code
Results may vary, but some have gotten great results.

You could also run a trace to a frequent server and see where the packets are dropping/hanging. Your ISP might not be dropping, but after that a bad router on another network in route to a game server could be the problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Mar 2010   #12
haxcid

Windows 7; Server 08; Window Home Server; Vista; XP
 
 

I have read your original post. You state you are getting 980kbits down... that is not very good. Not if you have a 10Mbit connection. Is it truely 980kbits, if so there is your problem.

A 10Mbit connections should be 10240Kbit. If you are getting 980 there in lies your problem.

Could double check those numbers again?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Mar 2010   #13
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

You should update your card drivers....

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Apr 2010   #14
DeeJayMango

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by haxcid View Post
I have read your original post. You state you are getting 980kbits down... that is not very good. Not if you have a 10Mbit connection. Is it truely 980kbits, if so there is your problem.

A 10Mbit connections should be 10240Kbit. If you are getting 980 there in lies your problem.

Could double check those numbers again?
It Is actually a 11 mbit connection (10 mbit download and 1 mb upload), the only factor is that the download and upload rates are different .
The internet all together is 11 mbits (not download 11 and upload 11).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2010   #15
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeeJayMango View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by haxcid View Post
I have read your original post. You state you are getting 980kbits down... that is not very good. Not if you have a 10Mbit connection. Is it truely 980kbits, if so there is your problem.

A 10Mbit connections should be 10240Kbit. If you are getting 980 there in lies your problem.

Could double check those numbers again?
It Is actually a 11 mbit connection (10 mbit download and 1 mb upload), the only factor is that the download and upload rates are different .
The internet all together is 11 mbits (not download 11 and upload 11).
Can you show us a source for this?
(It is not that I don't believe you, I just have never heard this before)

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Apr 2010   #16
Everlong

 

You could try disabling network autotuning.

Run command prompt in admin mode and type:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

I had problems with high pings and even my Internet connection just disconnecting itself when playing games or downloading, and disabling it fixed it.

If that doesn't make a difference, then you can just re-enable it by typing:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2010   #17
DeeJayMango

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeeJayMango View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by haxcid View Post
I have read your original post. You state you are getting 980kbits down... that is not very good. Not if you have a 10Mbit connection. Is it truely 980kbits, if so there is your problem.

A 10Mbit connections should be 10240Kbit. If you are getting 980 there in lies your problem.

Could double check those numbers again?
It Is actually a 11 mbit connection (10 mbit download and 1 mb upload), the only factor is that the download and upload rates are different .
The internet all together is 11 mbits (not download 11 and upload 11).
Can you show us a source for this?
(It is not that I don't believe you, I just have never heard this before)

~Lordbob
I am currently on a trip and on wifi, so I can't really do the speed test here in South-Africa. I am sorry. But yes, it was strange to me, too.
It was not what i thought when i got the connection. Tech support helped me out with that and they said all I said in my previous post.
I take the most from my internet connection with cable.


@Everlong18

I will try that out, too. Thanks !

EDIT: Tried that out, it sure reduced ping in wifi. When I get back home, I will give you further information. Thank you!

@Sanvean

Have done these steps about half a year ago, I tried them all through again, of course, but it didn't help. Anyways, Thank You for your interest .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #18
cgbtuna220

windows 7
 
 
Well cant play Mohaa on 7

Well i installed Allied Assualt, Spearhead, Breakthough on windows 7, and it was sad! My ping on XP was 55, windows 7 135! even after i shut off virus, firewall, then when you go to programs and look at Mohaa, the screen shots are missing! no configs, i spent 4 days trying figure this out! bye bye 7! im putting XP back in, Aloha
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Online Gaming




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Internet for Online Gaming in Germany?
Hi, I recently moved to Germany and need to know what the requirements are that an internet connection must fulfill so that it is right for playing games like Black Ops 2 online? What are the options? What service providers are good and what is affordable? What speed should the connection...
Network & Sharing
Internet goes in and out only when online gaming.
To start I want you to know I have windows 7 on bootcamp on an Imac. I bought the game Star Wars the Old Republic, it was working fine until recently the internet cuts in and out and disconnects me from online games like SWTOR, and Call of Duty, but it works fine when browsing the web (the...
Gaming
Keeps disconnecting while gaming online after few minutes.
I am having this problem while gaming online, i get disconnected from game after aprox 10minutes . Tried Both using MSI RG60SE wireless and Speed-touch modem. Firmwares updated,protocol v6 unchecked everything works fine while chatting browsing etc. When i log on BF3 after 10mins or so it...
Network & Sharing
Online gaming lag?
So recently, I got a new computer with Windows 7 64 bit installed. But when I tried to play some mmorpgs (massively multiplayer online role playing game) I started to lag every minute or so for 10-20 seconds. Now, I thought it was my internet connection but my web browsing was normal and loaded...
Gaming
Online Gaming Lag Problem
Hi guys well im 13 years old and i need some help, I have been lagging on this game called COMBAT ARMS. I mean like is there something that windows 7 can do to heal the lag. Is thier anything i can download form windows 7 to help stop the lagg. Please help. Thank you.
Gaming
Online Gaming
I'm a HUGE fan of RPG based games. I still play Baldur's Gate (yes, even on Windows 7). So my question is.... What is the best FREE MMORPG? It has to be in depth, i can't handle things that don't have depth, and a decent plotline.... Thanx
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App