Why 32bit?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,282
    Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
       #31

    AllanJacques said:
    So do you think 2gig is enough to run 64-bit windows 7? I mean, will there be any disadvantages in doing so?
    Not any disadvantage, but you wont see the full capabilities of running x64 with out the extra RAM and it may be slightly slower with only 2Gigs then it would be if you had X86
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 14
    XP/7
       #32

    Mr GRiM said:
    Not any disadvantage, but you wont see the full capabilities of running x64 with out the extra RAM and it may be slightly slower with only 2Gigs then it would be if you had X86
    So would you say that it is prefereable to use a 32-bit version with 2gig ram only? So, the borderline for 64-bit should be 4gig ram or I am losing something here?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 82
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
       #33

    AllanJacques said:
    So would you say that it is prefereable to use a 32-bit version with 2gig ram only? So, the borderline for 64-bit should be 4gig ram or I am losing something here?

    Yep
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 14
    XP/7
       #34

    Duderino said:
    Yep
    Hence 32-bit for me huh? Only 2gig ram, even though it is a core2duo and a hd2400... Well, do you think I will miss anything using 32 bit version?
      My Computer

  5.    #35

    No, you will see BETTER performance using 32bit OS on a 2GB of ram system. So its not that you are missing out by sticking with x86, you are BENEFITING.

    Trust me though, there will be no x86 crap for Windows 8, so by then all of this will be hog-wash. Of course the rumors are that Windows 9 won't be just x64 ... because x128 will poke its head out then *sigh*, here we go again.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 14
    XP/7
       #36

    DiamondNRG said:
    No, you will see BETTER performance using 32bit OS on a 2GB of ram system. So its not that you are missing out by sticking with x86, you are BENEFITING.

    Trust me though, there will be no x86 crap for Windows 8, so by then all of this will be hog-wash. Of course the rumors are that Windows 9 won't be just x64 ... because x128 will poke its head out then *sigh*, here we go again.
    Well, I tend to agree with you, but in other topic I was advised to try 64-bit, but so far it seems a little too slow for me... Why is there so much contradictorial information on the subject?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 50,008
    Windows 11 Workstation x64
    Thread Starter
       #37

    And the gravedigger award for the resurrection of old threads goes to Fizan
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 72
    Windows 7 Beta (and others, multiboot)
       #38

    AllanJacques said:
    Why is there so much contradictorial information on the subject?
    Because it is a very misunderstood issue.
    bit-tech.net | 64-bit: More than just the RAM

    It depends on lots of things which is better right now, including but not limited to what kind of work you have said computer do.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 14
    XP/7
       #39

    Jaqie said:
    Because it is a very misunderstood issue.
    bit-tech.net | 64-bit: More than just the RAM

    It depends on lots of things which is better right now, including but not limited to what kind of work you have said computer do.
    I tendo to use it as a work tool, being a lawyer I think pretty much browsing net and using word does the trick. But I like rock solid systems and ocasional gaming is a plus too...
    Still not a straight forward answer anyway... but hey, thanks!
    Read the article and couldnt figure it out wich version should work better.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 72
    Windows 7 Beta (and others, multiboot)
       #40

    AllanJacques said:
    I like rock solid systems and ocasional gaming is a plus too...
    Then you should not be running a beta os...
    Still not a straight forward answer anyway... but hey, thanks!
    Read the article and couldnt figure it out wich version should work better.
    Anything straightforward would be an extreme oversimplification to the point of being wrong - therein lies the issue and the reason there is so much misunderstanding about the issues with 32 vs 64.
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:36.
Find Us