Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Numbers dont add up!

09 Sep 2010   #11
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Bill just to be sure i checked show hidden protected operating system files and saw it was hidden so i have looked in the recycler and $recycle bin (they are empty) and set the size of the bin but i still cant see any change in the size of the disc


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Sep 2010   #12
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Bill just to be sure i checked show hidden protected operating system files and saw it was hidden so i have looked in the recycler and $recycle bin (they are empty) and set the size of the bin but i still cant see any change in the size of the disc
Did you empty that recycle bin?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2010   #13
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You will have to go out to a command line and delete that Recycler directory. I've had to do that on a few servers, where it's files for other people (profiles), but I am unable to see them when logged in with my accounts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Sep 2010   #14
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Bill just to be sure i checked show hidden protected operating system files and saw it was hidden so i have looked in the recycler and $recycle bin (they are empty) and set the size of the bin but i still cant see any change in the size of the disc
Did you empty that recycle bin?
it already was
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2010   #15
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
You will have to go out to a command line and delete that Recycler directory. I've had to do that on a few servers, where it's files for other people (profiles), but I am unable to see them when logged in with my accounts.
the only account on the hd is mine .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2010   #16
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Bill just to be sure i checked show hidden protected operating system files and saw it was hidden so i have looked in the recycler and $recycle bin (they are empty) and set the size of the bin but i still cant see any change in the size of the disc
Did you empty that recycle bin?
it already was
You got rid of this 50 Gbs?


Attached Images
Numbers dont add up!-2010-09-09_1748.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2010   #17
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Ah ! no i cant get at it, the bins (unhidden now) say they are empty so im puzzled
Edit: i must have
gonna reboot and see what gives... i can feel a Darwin coming!!


Attached Images
Numbers dont add up!-2010-09-09_1933.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2010   #18
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Ah ! no i cant get at it, the bins (unhidden now) say they are empty so im puzzled
Have a look at this thread from a few days ago, same exact subject.

57gb in external's hidden Recycle Bin?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2010   #19
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Derek you old dog the cc cleaner did it thanks a bunch


Attached Images
Numbers dont add up!-2010-09-09_1954.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2010   #20
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Derek you old dog the cc cleaner did it thanks a bunch
You're welcome, glad you got rid of it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Numbers dont add up!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
SATA port numbers vs assignemnt of Disk numbers/
I have three SATA hard drives : Main system/boot drive , WD Caviar Black 1 TB, connected to the SATA 0 port A backup drive, identical WD Caviar Black 1 TB, connected to the SATA 1 port Another dirve, Hitachi 1 TB, connected to the SATA 2 port When I installed Win 7, only the main drive was...
Installation & Setup
OS Numbers..?
I wonder why on programs downloads for 32bit OS are tagged as "x86" while 64bit OS program downloads tagged as "x64",what does the "X" stands for and why the value of 32bit is bigger.
General Discussion
How to know numbers of pin in RAM?
I want to upgrade my laptop RAM from 4 GB to 6 GB. Before buying the 4 GB RAM I have to know the exact pin of the RAM, and I don't know the exact numbers of pin in the RAM. My laptop is Ideapad Y550 4186. So how can I know the numbers of pins in the RAM without having to open the case? Please help!
Hardware & Devices
Curious numbers
This is not a problem. Just a curiosity that I am unable to explain. Maybe someone has the answer. 1. When I look into Computer or computer management, the size of my system is about 16.3 GBs. The data is on another partition and there are no restore points - shadowstorage is zero. ...
General Discussion
Windows 7 numbers.
Source - Bink.nu | Windows 7 numbers - Bink.nu
News
Help| Hash numbers
Is there a way to validate hash numbers on an allready installed win7 ?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:19.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App