Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: msinfo32.exe system information incorrect info, how to edit it?

11 Sep 2010   #11
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

I don't know how to fix the information, but Belarc will give you a listing Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Sep 2010   #12
msinfo32

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I did some research on this topic and found several people on the internet asking the same question but there was no solution here are two links How Do I Change System Manufacturer In Xp? - The Elder Geek on Windows and Changing OEM System Manufacturer and System Model details

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2010   #13
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

That information is contained with in the BIOS, to change it you must change the BIOS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Sep 2010   #14
msinfo32

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

logicearth, How can I do this?Can you guide me through it?

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2010   #15
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by msinfo32 View Post
I recently built a new computer... When I type, "dxdiag" into Run, the System Manufacturer and System Model say "To be Filled by O.E.M.". Does anyone know how I can fill in these sections?

Please remove thread if this is a re-post. sorry

YOU CANT. OEM=original equipment manufacturer.

You can clear the cmos and reset the bios but as soon as you boot your OS will query and get the same info.


What is the problem with what it is displaying? is it just annoying you, or is there something more you arent saying

I would be more concerned with XP and 1 gig memory
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2010   #16
logicearth

Windows 10 Pro (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by msinfo32 View Post
logicearth, How can I do this?Can you guide me through it?Thanks
There is no guide. Every BIOS is different.
Changing it can be very very very disastrous.
Just leave it alone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2010   #17
msinfo32

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

The reason why I want to edit it is because I bought a computer form a friend and the info is incorrect. It's still under warranty but when i took it in they said that they can't help me because of modification or something like that. They ran msinfo32 and dxdiag tell me that this is not the computer. I just need to edit it back so I can get back the warranty.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2010   #18
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by msinfo32 View Post
I have edit it using may programs but it only change the screen where you see your computer rating and cd-key. For msinfo and dxdiag, I have yet to find out a way to change info on that. This is driving me nuts HELP!!!
You are correct in what you say here. It is possible to change what it says on the rating page. However, both System Information and DxDiag both query the actual hardware and will report what they find.

I'm a bit curious as to why you want to change it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2010   #19
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by msinfo32 View Post
logicearth, How can I do this?Can you guide me through it?Thanks

One last stab at this. IF you change BIOS it is possible to make the computer unable to boot. Is it worth it to get the correct text displayed?


IM out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2010   #20
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by msinfo32 View Post
The reason why I want to edit it is because I bought a computer form a friend and the info is incorrect. It's still under warranty but when i took it in they said that they can't help me because of modification or something like that. They ran msinfo32 and dxdiag tell me that this is not the computer. I just need to edit it back so I can get back the warranty.

Bet someone fiddled with something and now it cant be fixed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 msinfo32.exe system information incorrect info, how to edit it?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Incorrect System Info
Hi everyone, My pc motherboard is ASUS brand but the computer detect the wrong information. Anyone know how to solve the problem? And is this a small problem or a big problem? Thanks.
Hardware & Devices
Help with performance information and tools - Advanced System Info
I am curious about the Windows Error Reporting under the Software category in System Information from the control panel Performance Information & Tools Advanced System Information. I see quite a few errors, which I don't recall seeing in exhaustive searches through all the Event Logs. But no...
General Discussion
Can I edit Media Centre Recorded TV Program Information?
I use the Media Centre TV listings to record shows, but sometimes the guide lists information for a different episode than the one that is being aired. I am recording broadcast TV over the air. Is it possible to edit this information so that it is for the show actually aired? Even being able to...
Media Center
How to edit system information [Not OEM Info] ??
Hello. Is it possible to change the system information (OS Version, Service Pack etc.) ? I don't want to change the OEM information because I know how. I want to change it to : Windows Emax SP5 or something like that. Please Help :)
Customization
Real Windows System Information! MSINFO32
I've been using Windows since forever, and I just found out about this tool that gives you very detailed system information. msinfo32.exe. It's way better than going to Control Panel/System. Please tell everybody about it! :thumbsup:
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App